Mod Management, Mod Inventory Limits, and lost mods..

Vice_torn
599 posts Member
edited August 2018
I did post this in the mega thread in general, but never saw any response, and the thread of spammed my players committing on not being able to use mod energy... I do not want to spam boards with excess threads, but I think this issue requires attention....

I do not know what the mod inventory limit is... My guess is around 400... But It really does not matter for this post...

Perhaps I am overly paranoid, but in the past whenever I wanted to transfer a mod I would go to the source toon and swap out its mod with one from my inventory, then equip that mod on the second toon. This way there was no chance of my losing a mod if I was at my inventory limit.

How does the mod management system handle Mods when your at your inventory limit? As far as I can tell it just removes the mods from the source toon, i.e. leaves an empty mod slot, which is fine in most cases.

However, if your at your inventory limit, 400 unequipped mods, and replace all 6 mods on a character with an assigned set from another character, you would then have 406 unequipped mods, in the past you would have lost the 6 mods that you just unequipped.

This has not happened to me...But if the system works as I fear, it will happen to someone eventually... I am just trying to avoid frustration. And really a response like, "you should have been selling your mods to avoid being at your limit" may not go over well...

SUGGESTIONS:
1-Change mod limit to one based on total mods... Say 400+6*number of activated characters. This way you cannot go over the limit by unequipped mods. Perhaps have the limit 400+6*Number of Characters In Game. for everyone so the game does not try to compute a number for each player.

2-If a player does go over the mod limit, instead of destroying mods, send them to the inbox.

3-Don't destroy mods if you go over your limit. This might already be the case, but if so, it was not communicated well.

Replies

• Uhh. if you go over the mod limit it will send them to your inbox alreayd? why you say it destroy them?
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Flitsmuis wrote: »
    Uhh. if you go over the mod limit it will send them to your inbox alreayd? why you say it destroy them?

IF you at your limit and gain more mods from events or battles, they send them to your inbox. I actually have no idea if they send ones you unequipped to your inbox, I have never heard that of that happening. Would be good to know this.. would put my mind at ease.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Sad that this thread has gotten no feedback from CG.... Even a display of your mod inventory count would help avoid issues...