Game Update 8/30/2018 - Mods 2.0 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I’m loving all the changes to the mod system. It is awesome! I do have one question though, I thought that we were going to be able to see all the secondaries on mods before buying them, even on grey, green, blue, and purple mods?
  • Options
    Ithilix wrote: »
    I’m loving all the changes to the mod system. It is awesome! I do have one question though, I thought that we were going to be able to see all the secondaries on mods before buying them, even on grey, green, blue, and purple mods?

You can see them earlier, but not straight away. All stats on a mod can be seen at
    • Grey Mods at lvl 12,
    • Green at lvl 9,
    • Blue at lvl 6
    • purple at lvl 3

So while not straight away, it is cheaper to get them to a point to see what stats they have with the exception of grey.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Hello! Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend, I don't expect an answer for a while (if at all) but I wanted to ask before I forget--Are there plans to add ships to the Fleet Store? Or is Fleet Store complete like Arena, Cantina, and Galactic War?

I ask because I've got 60k+ fleet tokens sitting gathering dust and all the new ships, so far, have been added to the Fleet Board. If you get back to me, thanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Hello! Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend, I don't expect an answer for a while (if at all) but I wanted to ask before I forget--Are there plans to add ships to the Fleet Store? Or is Fleet Store complete like Arena, Cantina, and Galactic War?

I ask because I've got 60k+ fleet tokens sitting gathering dust and all the new ships, so far, have been added to the Fleet Board. If you get back to me, thanks!

Hopefully no :) get those zetas.
  • Options
    Day 831: Still waiting for the first CG patch that isnt followed immediately by a long list of Known issues.
  • Zouss57
    44 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb please, I work by night and I can not recover energy at lunch time because I sleep. I just saw that the energy of mod was also at lunch time so I lose 3 energy.
    can you do something ?
  • Caculas
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I’ve completed all of the “Daily Activities” but am unable to collect. “Claim” button doesn’t light up. This is two days in a row.

4yz7k05lhcu3.png
    Post edited by Caculas on
  • Options
    Gear 12 blocking 6* mods is a total slap in the face to F2P players. Damed if we do, and damed if we don’t. Horrible decision. Just horrible.

I’m f2p and I’m not locked out of mod slicing. I started playing this game about 5 months after launch, I’ve never been super focused on Squad Arena for all those crystal rewards for placing higher. I started off in the very low thousands in arena and over time I improved, now I sit between 30-100 in arena depending on how many battles a day I do. Mod slicing shouldn’t be open to any and everyone regardless of player level or position in the game though imo, that wouldn’t be fair to anyone who has went through the long journey of the mods in game. Almost 3.3 million GP, f2p, have roughly 25 gear 12 toons who can equip 6* mods, notice I’m not angry about the other 125+ toons in my roster who cannot yet equip 6* mods? Perspective.
  • Options
    Hello! Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend, I don't expect an answer for a while (if at all) but I wanted to ask before I forget--Are there plans to add ships to the Fleet Store? Or is Fleet Store complete like Arena, Cantina, and Galactic War?

Hopefully no :) get those zetas.

I would much rather have more content than just some zetas. Zetas are boring. It's another upgrade to a character I already have, and it sucks up so many omegas that I'm not upgrading other characters. A new ship is an entire new ship with new possibilities for interactions and uses.

Give me more stuff, not one bump to one ability to stuff I already have.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Maybe I understood it incorrectly, but we are able to slice mods to the higher color tiers? The only ones giving me the option to slice are my gold mods, up to t6. I have a t4 blue mod that I want to keep for the secondary stats it already had, but the button just says maxed and is greyed out
  • Options
    It was clearly stated you could only slice a 5 dot to a 6 dot, I’m afraid.

I’ve got 2 4 dot mods with 20+ speed. They’ll never be 6 dot sadly.
  • Options
    Wanted to assign a 6E Mod to a level 11 toon - then this popped up!

"Rarity 6 Mods can only be equipped to characters with Gear Level 12, respecting the investment made in these characters."

I researched it here again in their last post 3 days ago. There hasnt been a statement/anouncement about this before that. Are they kidding??? O.O
  • Options
    Leparine wrote: »
    Wanted to assign a 6E Mod to a level 11 toon - then this popped up!

"Rarity 6 Mods can only be equipped to characters with Gear Level 12, respecting the investment made in these characters."

I researched it here again in their last post 3 days ago. There hasnt been a statement/anouncement about this before that. Are they kidding??? O.O

Its been clearly communicated.
  • Options
    Restricting the Tier 6 mods to G12 characters is super inconvenient and prevents you from upgrading mods. It locks them out of all kinds of characters for events such as legendary events, and it's generally annoying without adding anything substantive to the game.

At the VERY LEAST, they should just scale down to Tier 5 when equipped on characters of lower gear. It's such an underhanded awful move, that I'm not surprised.

You can never have a swgoh patch without some horrible stuff being tacked on.
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP thanks for all this. After a few days playing around a lot with mods and specifically mod loadouts, I’ve found that there’s one feature that would be extremely useful to keep sanity: mods snapshot.

When I do a sith raid, I change mods around a lot with loadouts, it’s a blast and helps a a ton, but after the raid is done I have 20-30 characters with their mods completely messed up. It takes me a lot of time to fix everything and is not a positive experience.

My wish would be to be able to save a snapshot of all my mod assignments, and have a “restore” button that would restore mods the way they were when I took the snapshot.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ugh.. mis click
  • Options
    One thing i REALLY don't like about the new mods, and the toon screen in general, is previously, when you left a toon, you returned to the toon list where you left off, now it takes you back to the top (or bottom, depending on how you are sorted) rather than back to the toon row you just left.
    TeamSkunk ExiledSith Lords/ExiledSith Masters.
  • G1G4W4TTS
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So I calculated what I need for upgrade to mk6 mod upgrade, did the mod challenges I needed to farm the mats, bought the mats with guild currency every changeover, and finally upgraded my best mod (19 speed) that i farmed from 1000s of mods over the years. I have to say I'm totally disappointed. Mod slicing sucks. +1 speed? I feel like I completely wasted my time. Wow. Totally disappointed. What were you thinking?
  • Options
    Ok, I dug into it and I see the mk6 mod upgrade is not intended to make your good mods better, is intended to make your bad mods not as bad.
  • Options
    G1G4W4TTS wrote: »
    Ok, I dug into it and I see the mk6 mod upgrade is not intended to make your good mods better, is intended to make your bad mods not as bad.

It's meant to give people something to look for on mods other than just speed.
  • Options

And the gain on primaries other than speed is pretty big.
  • Options

Other than speed OR PROTECTION. Basically don't bother upgrading your protection mods (unless you want that +1 speed). First targets in terms of bang for your buck should be mods with health, defense, or offense primaries. Or just say **** it and upgrade your speed arrows.
  • Options
    I lIke the changes to Mods
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Other than speed OR PROTECTION. Basically don't bother upgrading your protection mods (unless you want that +1 speed). First targets in terms of bang for your buck should be mods with health, defense, or offense primaries. Or just say **** it and upgrade your speed arrows.

Speed arrows with high %off are juicy :-)
  • Options
    Suggestion: When we click "MODS" from the roster screen, could the preceding screen have a "GEAR" tab to swap back instead of needing to go back out and in? Also the Scroll memory is gone, we could enter a hero before and use the back arrow and resume from where we left off. Now it defaults to the top of the roster again. Hella annoying.
  • Options

Yeah, I upgraded my speed arrow from gray to gold, but it was my offense square I took from gold to gray. That is a healthy, beefy bump.
  • Options
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb please, I work by night and I can not recover energy at lunch time because I sleep. I just saw that the energy of mod was also at lunch time so I lose 3 energy.
    can you do something ?

Yeah, I expected them to pair the bonus mod energy with the third bonus regular energy, not couple it with the bonus cantina energy. I also find that that timeslot is the one I miss the most, so it IS frustrating.
  • Options
    Vinny60 wrote: »
    Yesterday 11/29/18 I downloaded the update for Mods 2.0 with Mods Set Recommendations. So this morning 8/30/18 redid my Mods Sets according to the Recommendations. Later in the afternoon I downloaded the 2nd update for Mods 2.0 and discovered that all the Mod Set Recommendations were changed. So all the work I did in the morning was for nothing .... Spent Millions of Credits to move the Mods Around just to find out I need to do it all over and with no Credits now ...... Anyone else have this issue

Same issue. I realize that I could have analyzed the situation to see the recommendations weren't accurate or assigning the best mods, but I trusted that the first update was working as intended. I dropped mods and rearranged on every faction I was using, spending millions of credits pointlessly to find the same thing on the update: I had just wasted my time with my top toons all wearing the wrong clothes.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb
    What is the in-game purpose of charging credits to remove mods from a character? If the intent is to increase the use of mods by players, why not remove this cost? Players can assign mods, switch to see the effects, and make mistakes with no financial downside.

I'm also specifically thinking of the first mod update where the recommended mods with the auto assign function was reported as not working correctly. I myself experienced this negative impact when I followed the recommendations and assigned...a bunch of garbage. I also upgraded a bunch of that garbage (that one is on me), spending millions of saved credits, trying to figure out the disconnect.