So... Is Rey coming sometime in Sep or Oct???

Prev1
MajesticMoose41
247 posts Member
edited August 2018
For me personally, I hope it's not Sep so that I can panic farm vets to 7* in about 30-40 days. She's not on the calendar but did anyone remember from June when she last came if she was put on the calendar immediately or was it a "sneak in" event?

Replies

• Where are your vets now?

I started on them (from 0/0) right after the last Rey, and I'm about 60 shards shy of done. That's with ALL cantina energy (normal+3 refreshes) going to them. Getting both vets in 30/40 days would be very costly, if not impossible, starting from scratch.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Lol. I just started on Vet Han like 1/5 weeks ago. 45/65 so I'll have him 5* this Saturday. Haven't unlocked Vet Chewie yet at all. But if Rey comes in October. I can panic farm and do 5 refreshes a day (700 crystals) and farm them faster in about 40 days.

I need 536 shards between the 2 of them. If i get 13 shards a day with 5 refreshes (give or take) + buying the $30 pack for 100 shards.... That's roughly 33 days to get them both 7* if she dropped end of September or early October. :)
  • she was a "sneak in"
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Random9 wrote: »
    she was a "sneak in"

Confirmed. She's coming in September. So I should probably do myself a favor and start "slow" farming them and have them ready in late October or November.
  • Random9 wrote: »
    she was a "sneak in"

Confirmed. She's coming in September. So I should probably do myself a favor and start "slow" farming them and have them ready in late October or November.

False. For the last time, nobody knows when events return, just a rough guideline that CG does not always abide by.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I was more or less kidding around mate. But she's 85% coming in September since she's been 3 months and we just had BB8.
  • The calendar has a big opening September 20th. Likely JTR shows up then unless it’s some new event.
  • Caldis wrote: »
    The calendar has a big opening September 20th. Likely JTR shows up then unless it’s some new event.

Good eye
  • Hero’s journeys are special. They said what they’re going to do. Basically they’re 3-4 months apart and we get a week’s notice.
  • id bet on after palp event but cant be sure, but it would fit in with the cycle, and it wouldnt overlap with anything else this month. i guess they dont announce that, but do it 1 week before instead.
  • I was more or less kidding around mate. But she's 85% coming in September since she's been 3 months and we just had BB8.

Uh no.
    BB-8 will be coming along with her as he always does, as R2 does with CLS.

Its all speculation at this point, but following the schedule as they laid out its to be expected she comes October time along with the next time BB-8 comes.
    But again, nothing is 100% confirmed, we're just making educated guesses.

At this point I'm ready for her, all i can do is wait and hoard zetas, ability mats and a crap load of carbantis
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I've already got her gear ready all the way to G12. It will all collect dust until December before I can unlock her.
  • TheExiled wrote: »
    I was more or less kidding around mate. But she's 85% coming in September since she's been 3 months and we just had BB8.

Uh no.
    BB-8 will be coming along with her as he always does, as R2 does with CLS.

Its all speculation at this point, but following the schedule as they laid out its to be expected she comes October time along with the next time BB-8 comes.
    But again, nothing is 100% confirmed, we're just making educated guesses.

At this point I'm ready for her, all i can do is wait and hoard zetas, ability mats and a **** load of carbantis

Also quite possibly false news, I suggest checking sources to get a better feel for the cadence of Legacy Legendary and Heroes Journey Events.

Here is a helpful post from the developers,

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • I am still under the assumption she will return in September. They did not have her on the monthly calendar last time, it was announced a week ahead of time. Feel as they are giving players a chance to upgrade BB8 to get ready instead of running the events concurrently.
  • r2 even have been quite inconsistent, so bb8 could start follow more like r2 does. i think it would be even more strange to postpone it way later then 90 day marker! im betting right after palp even. october would quickly be 10+ days over normal cadence for rey.
  • The last 3 times it was between 89 and 95 days from the last event. On Sep 14 it will be 90 days from the last one, so big chances she's coming, but they may change...
  • JTR event should be coming in October. Since it's not on the September calender.
  • Place wrote: »
    JTR event should be coming in October. Since it's not on the September calender.

It’s been mentioned, once or twice, that they don’t put heroic events on the Calendars and just give a week’s notice.

• Yeah it's gonna be a sneak in event this month. Just wait.
  • No one knows. Any answer is speculation.
    Still not a he.
  • If a moderator / someone could officially give the date, we would stop to discuss and players could prepare their characters
  • Unless you’re spending money or more crystals than normal, the time it takes to farm and gear the required characters is going to be the same. When an event comes later than expected, it just means you have more time so you don’t need to worry about the event dropping before you finish. When it comes earlier than expected, your characters may not be ready, and that’s annoying, but you’ll still be able to get it next event.

I just barely had time to get my First Order team to 7* for BB-8 the last time Rey was around, and I started farming the required characters for her right after that. I finished a week and a half ago, so now I’m on to other things and I’m ready whenever she comes back.
  • Oliv wrote: »
    If a moderator / someone could officially give the date, we would stop to discuss and players could prepare their characters
    If they don't officially give a date, players can prepare their characters.

If you want an event character, the time to work on it is now. If you don't get it this time, you have progress towards next time. Precisely when it happens is almost arbitrary.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Oliv wrote: »
    If a moderator / someone could officially give the date, we would stop to discuss and players could prepare their characters

If you want an event character, the time to work on it is now. If you don't get it this time, you have progress towards next time. Precisely when it happens is almost arbitrary.

I am ready for JTR since beginning of august.
    I think it’s not nice to let players without defined dates because players can’t planed their game activity. And slide the event as they want is not nice too.
    Obviously CG has planed frequent events (CLS, JTR, etc.) on several calendars, so why not to show the dates ?
  • Oliv wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Oliv wrote: »

I am ready for JTR since beginning of august.
    I think it’s not nice to let players without defined dates because players can’t planed their game activity. And slide the event as they want is not nice too.
    Obviously CG has planed frequent events (CLS, JTR, etc.) on several calendars, so why not to show the dates ?

They told us that there will be 3-4 months between rjt events.... She was here in June, so she will be here this month or next month..... One month is not going to make a huge difference planning wise....
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

This. If you want an event character then forget calendars.

Just farm- as hard as you can and as fast as you can. When it drops, you might be ready. Or you might not. In which case- keep farming. You'll be ready next time around (or the next time around).

The game is deliberately designed to throw you off course and tempt you with new and shiny things. Those that succeed are absolutely single-minded in their farming. No matter how hard the slog is and no matter how many other things you miss out on (the first, second or third time around).

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Plz be soon... we need another chance for her.
  • When I was x3 refreshing I would get no less then 4 shards, but would get 13+ when we had double drops (I lucked out with that. panic farming is never fun. I would just x3 refresh them until both are ready.

They only need to be G8 but it gives you good chance to upgrade their gear as well just taking your time.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

This. If you want an event character then forget calendars.

Just farm- as hard as you can and as fast as you can. When it drops, you might be ready. Or you might not. In which case- keep farming. You'll be ready next time around (or the next time around).

The game is deliberately designed to throw you off course and tempt you with new and shiny things. Those that succeed are absolutely single-minded in their farming. No matter how hard the slog is and no matter how many other things you miss out on (the first, second or third time around).

Costal weren't you a moderator?
    Do or don't there is no try