The Great Rey Gear Harvest

Krey
341 posts Member
I have heard people say that Rey is overpowered. Those people obviously have never tried to gear her up. She isn't powerful enough to make up for her gear farm.

Wow....I mean...just wow.

I only hope I can finish gearing her before my 8 year old graduates high school.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Yea it sucks lol. It's well worth the effort though.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I've heard the issue is the purple hairdryers. Which is why I am waiting to level her up until they are available in challenges and/or shipments.
    Patience, as the Jedi say. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    To go from VII to VIII, it is 50 purple hair driers.

However, VIII to IX makes the previous level look like a pleasant experience. 50 more purple hair driers. 50 purple cuffs. Another slot requires 20 of two different purple mats (40 total). I thought those would be easier, but I just went 2 for 120 energy.

It's like a good time...except not.

I need to start drinking more.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Finally maxed her and even have her blowdryers for the level cap increase (just in case). Now I only have a few thousand other purples to farm for everyone else. >.< I stopped farming toons to farm purples.. Except RG. Gotta have RG for my GW experiements.
  • I'm slowly leveling her as I farm her. Mine is only 5* right now...I figure I'll have her geared when I get her to 6. Haven't touched hairdryers...though I have farmed 150 stun cuffs for other toons. But need 100 more...Ouch...I just casually farm the really hard mats and eventually I have enough. Overall she isn't terrible from what I've seen except for blowdryers. It's just needing those to get to gear 8 when no others that I have run across need that level of gear.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    Finally maxed her and even have her blowdryers for the level cap increase (just in case). Now I only have a few thousand other purples to farm for everyone else. >.< I stopped farming toons to farm purples.. Except RG. Gotta have RG for my GW experiements.

Congrats! I hope to join you some day with a geared Rey of mine own. I haven't given up on gearing her. I just weep silently when I play the game now.

On the bright side, with a decent week of shard farming, I will have her at 6*. So close...
  • MrClean621
    610 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's not just her gear either. Her shards seem to be a small percentage drop too. She was one that I had my eye on from the beginning after reading her description. Then when you actually face her for the first time you just have to have her. It is just such a slow grind for everything.

Wanna see total revolt against GOH? Watch them nerf her just as everyone is getting her powered up. It would get even uglier than the whole Poe thing!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Krey wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Congrats! I hope to join you some day with a geared Rey of mine own. I haven't given up on gearing her. I just weep silently when I play the game now.

On the bright side, with a decent week of shard farming, I will have her at 6*. So close...

Yeah at six stars she is pretty good. Congrats. Some are waiting on the level cap to farm blowdryers from challenges. I strongly recommend not doing that. You could get a massive advantage in arena by being able to immediately gear up a level on your five fav toons shortly after the cap raises. Look at what happened with GS. Last level cap he got more speed and many didn't realize it. Those who upgraded him to his 149 speed had a huge advantage until everyone else caught up.