Legendary vs Journey

Afaik, legendaries only require use of a specific faction, while Journey events require specific toons.

Why then, when people talk about Jango as a possible legendary for example, is everyone concerned about farming new toons like Bossk and Aurra? If he's legendary then we should only need a specific faction like BHs or Scoundrels or Seperatists.

I just want to make sure I didn't miss some sort of communication from the debs that said specific characters will be required for future legendaries.

Replies

• BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You are correct, legenadry events need factions, HJ need specific teens and one of them goes through the Journey. So unless they made new type of event or we are getting another version of any of BH,Solo, etc. toons there is no reason to worry.

Some people just put HJ and Legendary events into one "Legendary" bag and tend to forget how those events worked so far.
  • Chimaera (Thrawn’s Ship) is a Legendary Event, it requires 5 rebel ships. 2 of which MUST be the Ghost and Phantom II.
    So there is already some precedent for it to happen.

(And let’s be realistic, there will only be so much fan service in the game. it is ultimately a business that has to turn a profit, and the easiest way to monetize a high demand character is to introduce some kind of paywall for early access. the new characters fit that bill nicely.)

• Why then, when people talk about Jango as a possible legendary for example, is everyone concerned about farming new toons like Bossk and Aurra? If he's legendary then we should only need a specific faction like BHs or Scoundrels or Seperatists.

Because everyone here is the worst.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Chimaera (Thrawn’s Ship) is a Legendary Event, it requires 5 rebel ships. 2 of which MUST be the Ghost and Phantom II.

(And let’s be realistic, there will only be so much fan service in the game. it is ultimately a business that has to turn a profit, and the easiest way to monetize a high demand character is to introduce some kind of paywall for early access. the new characters fit that bill nicely.)

This.

From the clone wars show I recall that Aurra Sing was very close to Jango, and so took Bobba under her wing and raised him. Bossk may be included in that too, although I can't see Embo.

I have seen people argue that it won't be bounty hunters since apart from Yoda it has always been the opposite faction used to get a legendary. Not sure what the opposite faction would be in this case, and it would make sense to use Bounty Hunters since we got a bunch of reworks and Marquees for them.
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Chimaera (Thrawn’s Ship) is a Legendary Event, it requires 5 rebel ships. 2 of which MUST be the Ghost and Phantom II.

Well that was ship legendary that needed 5 ships and we only have 6 rebels ships in game, you would need Phantom or Ghost anyway, so i think that was one time exception.
  • The line used on Reddit was "...Legendary and Hero's Journey "like" adventures..." so past required toons/factions may not be significant here.