MOD loadouts doesn't work

Maybe I misunderstood. Or my math suks.
But... 55k per character to change Mods and then 55k to change back. So 550k to change the team and say you want to run 5 teams on a raid that's 2.5million credits?

Surely this defeats the entire point. Who's gonna do this.

Replies

• It does not involve money grabbing, of course it doesn't work.
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Actually its not 2,5m cos you can switch mods 5 times only - first fight with best team, then switch mods to 2nd, then to third, etc, and after four team switch back, so its 5 switching, not ten. But, I'm absolutely agree, that switching cost is ridiculous, and killing good idea for p2p players. It must cost 5 times cheaper, of be free - I don't understand why I must spend gold earned from raid for the boosting damage in this raid, its like a paying your boss to get your salary.
  • The cost hasn't changed, but it used to show up as 2x 28,500, the cost of removing all 6 mods from a toon. If you never mod swapped, then the price might surprise you, but for those of us who did already swap fairly regularly it is no surprise.

The good news is that it only costs you 28,500 to swap back (unless you really swapped mods, rather than simply dumping the unequipped mods into your inventory)
  • Also something to consider, you might not always want your god mods with speed on all of your raid teams. I have set up loadouts for Chex Mix, and my P1 JTR squad and honestly there is not a lot of movement there, I am also running Bastila Jedi in arena so the mods there stay for P2.

In P1 of the HSR raid for instance, health is pretty darn important and depending on where your top speed secondaries are they might not fit.

Some compromise will be needed to reduce credit cost, but loadouts are in my opinion the best addition to this game yet.

Keep that in mind when slicing, Nightsisters don't need a ton of speed, but they do need crit damage and offense, so look for mods with both those stats to slice early.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Doesnt work?

This has nothing to do with mod layouts.

Yes the cost of moving mods still exists.

So you want to be able to maximize your arena team, raid runs, TW and TBs, but you dont want to have to invest resources to do that?... that's not the way this works, or anything in this game for that matter. Invest in more mods, or invest in the cost of moving them around.
  • This isn't designed for you to move mods around like rearranging furniture... The cost has always been there.....

It's a super handy feature for big events like legendaries..... You can put your arena grade mods on the vets it took you forever to farm and bring them back to your arena team with ease
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Not really useless. Lot of players that swap mods around to do better in certain areas and this makes that easier is all. It also allows for overlapping mod configuration which won't cost as much to switch if you don't have to change all mods.

I won't be using it as much as I would have many moons ago. I farmed a lot of mods a long time ago though and built out configurations that maybe weren't perfect, but were good and sometimes great for the main purpose of a team. I might start doing some partial rearranges now that I don't have to write everything down to fix it later, but it would very quickly destroy the need for more than about 60 or 70 mods if it cost nothing to swap them.
  • Zmobie wrote: »
    Not really useless. Lot of players that swap mods around to do better in certain areas and this makes that easier is all. It also allows for overlapping mod configuration which won't cost as much to switch if you don't have to change all mods.

I won't be using it as much as I would have many moons ago. I farmed a lot of mods a long time ago though and built out configurations that maybe weren't perfect, but were good and sometimes great for the main purpose of a team. I might start doing some partial rearranges now that I don't have to write everything down to fix it later, but it would very quickly destroy the need for more than about 60 or 70 mods if it cost nothing to swap them.

For all game modes except TW, that is. If you take TW seriously, you still need all your teams modded for that.
  • They can’t make it too cheap otherwise some people would just farm a few good sets and move them around a lot (though for TW that won’t work). They want you constantly farming and slicing mods. Personally the cost is too high for me. As a November 2017 player I still have a lot of characters to level up to 85 which costs 6.2 million per character plus the cost of upgrading their star level. Not to mention tons of credits just leveling up mod. So for me, I just spent the resources to farm decent mods for all my teams. In about 8-9 months I’ve accumulated 153 mods with +10 speed or greater. This allows me to not have to swap mods except for perhaps a legendary event, plus it makes me a lot better in tw. Short version is unless you’re an older player with lots of credits to spare, mod swapping on a regular basis really isn’t worth it.
  • I have a bunch of speed secondary mods so I still don't have to swap much for TW. Many of them are low tier which I can fix now, but my guild uses pretty selective tactics so only our juggernaut teams have to be near perfect.