Next Several Zetas Priority Discussion

Prev1
I currently have mats for 2 Zetas saved up and am unsure where to put them. I would like a list of the next several zetas I should get and in what order. I would like advice from a large and diverse group of players with a range of well-argued opinions. I posted a megathread last week that included this question among too many other questions and only got a few responses. That was clearly too unwieldy and unfocused so I'm going to post several more focused threads instead, starting with this one.

This is what I have right now: https://swgoh.gg/u/letareus/collection/

I've been playing for about 8 months and am currently focusing on JTR prep. I've completed the legendary farms for every character except JTR and GMY. I'm very successful in squad and fleet arena and achieve #1 or #2 for my payout almost every day.

The Zetas I already have are:
1. Palpatine lead for arena and misc
2. Vader lead for soloing Heroic Rancor, HAAT p2, and tier 5 STR (not ideal as the debuffs are getting harder to apply but still does more damage than any other team I have)
3. Sion unique for arena and raids
4. Thrawn unique for my raids and a slight arena buff
5. Nihilus' unique for a slight arena buff.

I am considering several zetas but will consider any suggestions. What I'm looking for the most is raid utility/performance (I currently lack real raid teams except a variant of my arena team) with a secondary interest in more arena security and ensuring that I'm successful in getting JTR.

I'm going to wrap up this post here to prevent this from bloating like my megathread, but will add that if you recommend CLS's IBAT you'll have to make a strong case because so far, CLS has been a relatively useless character for me for all the hype around him. I predict CLS will only start to be useful when I farm up a real team around him, but I predict that by the time I do that (basically by the time I have BB8 and Ventress ready), I will have enough mats for a third Zeta.

Also, I have no plans to replace my current arena team (EP nightmare meta) because IMO EP>Bastila, EP>Traya, BH teams don't exist on my shard and there is nothing else except easily beaten trash like JTR/Rex teams. My EP team members also make up my current best raid teams with different comps so I wouldn't mind investing a bit more into it those characters.

If you would like more background info you can read the bloated megathread here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179689/next-zeta-raid-team-and-general-advice-and-what-should-i-farm-next-with-certain-currencies/p1?new=1

Replies

• FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    EP>Traya is simply false but that's academic as Traya is some way away.

My recommendation would be to focus on raids, which is what you're doing. You've already identified the need to prep BB8 and Asajj; they would be my first recommendations - neither is quite ready yet but you can do pretty massive damage with BB8 at G9 and Asajj at G10 if you can mod them survivable enough. IBAT becomes extremely useful then and I would argue that is your current best option - you could probably auto solo Pit now with just Ackbar, CLS and BB8. I know you're soloing already but don't underestimate the QoL the auto button gives you. IBAT is also needed for the p1 HAAT solo.

I honestly don't think you have any other toons worth putting a zeta on right now - perhaps KRU because you have the beginnings of a FO team. If you don't want to zeta CLS/Asajj/BB8 now then you could wait until you have more sith teams farmed.

Edit: Finn is another option, would help you do more in p2 of HAAT and in TB but it's in the KRU ballpark - helpful but not top priority
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I’d also agree that IBAT is probably your best bet, based on your current gear. CLS can solo rancor (auto) and P1 HAAT (manual) with it zetaed. The downside would be that it’s not quite as useful in str, if you’re only looking for those teams, in which case you’re probably better off holding them until either you’ve got asaj geared up or you get JTR/BB8 (resistance team will eventually take up a minimum of 3 zetas, one for r2, one for bb8, and one for JTR, but survivability will go up if you double zeta BB8 and damage will go up if you double zeta R2. Rey only needs multiple zetas for arena).
  • So I went ahead and put a Zeta on CLS' IBAT. Zetas are actually not necessary to solo p1 HAAT with CLS, I've been doing it for a while now and in fact it's demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghKHUTcXkIc

However, due to the multitude of recommendations and because it can sometimes be a bit scary soloing p1 HAAT without a Zeta, I put the Zeta on CLS. It's more comfortable now for sure, but soloing p1 HAAT is still a very marginally useful role, and CLS isn't very useful for much else yet.

I still have one Zeta ready I have to put somewhere. I REALLY want to put in on EP's unique, especially since bastila matches are endurance matches that boil down to spamming basics on most of my characters for many turns until I can get the enemy team's bonus protection down, but have been advised not to several times.
    EP>Traya is simply false but that's academic as Traya is some way away.
    By that I meant that EP is supposed to be the counter to Traya in squad arena based on what I heard. I'm sure Traya is more powerful in raids and stuff.
    IBAT becomes extremely useful then and I would argue that is your current best option - you could probably auto solo Pit now with just Ackbar, CLS and BB8. I know you're soloing already but don't underestimate the QoL the auto button gives you.
    I have IBAT now but I don't know if I'd trust auto to do my Pit for me lol. Also, question about CLS soloing HAAT p1 - when do I stop? Last night I made it to p2 and couldn't escape there.

Is the Ackbar, CLS, BB8, Ventress, Thrawn team good for STR? Reason is because my main STR and HAAT p2 team atm includes Thrawn. I also don't know what I'm going to do with my p2 zVader HAAT team without Thrawn, unless I want to risk escape. The Ackbar team AFAIK can only start when p2 HAAT only has 20-40% left, and while my team is still undergeared should probably start at p3.
    I’d also agree that IBAT is probably your best bet, based on your current gear. CLS can solo rancor (auto) and P1 HAAT (manual) with it zetaed. The downside would be that it’s not quite as useful in str, if you’re only looking for those teams, in which case you’re probably better off holding them until either you’ve got asaj geared up or you get JTR/BB8 (resistance team will eventually take up a minimum of 3 zetas, one for r2, one for bb8, and one for JTR, but survivability will go up if you double zeta BB8 and damage will go up if you double zeta R2. Rey only needs multiple zetas for arena).

So, double zeta BB8 and r2 eventually? Oh boy. If JTR returns this month I don't think I'll be able to get her to 7 stars btw. Maybe 5 stars. I think Ventress's Zeta might be my next best bet b/c of the Ackbar HAAT team, but by the time I have her ready I might have my next Zeta ready. And nightsisters are good in STR and I'll have a team eventually. Does Ackbar HAAT team require a BB8 zeta? Between the JTR team and Nightsisters, which would be better generally in STR? I can use a 5 star JTR since my guild is only running T4-T5 STR atm.
  • I must say cls, and han 2 best zetas. Really helpful in raids like pit and haat.
  • JTR unlocks at seven star, not five star.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JTR unlocks at seven star, not five star.

Crap. I guess I can hope for October or November? I'm pretty sure it'll be this month though. Oh well, I'll be ready for it in December or January or whenever it comes back. In the meantime I can farm up a Nightsister team I guess after I finish my Ackbar team.
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    I must say cls, and han 2 best zetas. Really helpful in raids like pit and haat.

If you see my first response I already got IBAT unless I should get the other unique as well. I've been wondering about that. I could solo Heroic Pit long before I got IBAT, and now that I have IBAT I still won't use CLS on Pit.

I still have one Zeta to spend. I'm thinking EP unique or Ventress unique or one of BB8's.

For Han you'd have to make a strong argument. I won't even gear him. He doesn't do anything that anyone doesn't do better AFAIK.
  • EP unique is worth it.
  • Still need more opinions. As a reminder, I got IBAT and still need to spend that second Zeta, and would like to know where to go after that as well. I would like some answers to my questions in my last 2 replies as well.

Currently leaning towards Ventress Zeta, but say I get that. What next? I don't want to come back and ask "Next Zeta?" every 2 weeks.

• Letareus wrote: »
    ...but will add that if you recommend CLS's IBAT you'll have to make a strong case because so far, CLS has been a relatively useless character for me for all the hype around him.

It's not for anyone to have to make a case to convince you.

Just let it be said - all CLS' Zetas make him fantastic.

You don't really need any Zetas for JTR prep. But you might want to save them for her?

Have you got Zetas on R2? They are fantastic too. A Zetaed CLS and a Zetaed R2 make for a very powerful duo indeed.

• Have you heard the Sermon of Vandor?
  • If you've already got IBAT, I would look at giving R2D2 one of his as well. Number Crunch is an excellent zeta especially with a well geared and modded R2.
  • It's not for anyone to have to make a case to convince you.

Just let it be said - all CLS' Zetas make him fantastic.

You don't really need any Zetas for JTR prep. But you might want to save them for her?

Have you got Zetas on R2? They are fantastic too. A Zetaed CLS and a Zetaed R2 make for a very powerful duo indeed.

In case you missed it, I said (three times in 3 separate replies) that I got IBAT already, but as I said in the OP, I had 2 Zetas to spend. I suppose all the others made a enough convincing case for it. So far it hasn't been too useful, as expected, since CLS has been a rather useless toon so far. But maybe tonight it might be useful for the first time as I just got Ventress up to par (possibly) so CLS will finally have a real raid team that uses him effectively.

Many people have advocated IBAT, but nobody has advocated his other zetas. Specifically, what would they be useful or needed for? I've been successful because of my laser focus, not because I get things that might be cool or strong in some vague general sense. So far, CLS has no real use for me besides being a generic DPS outside of the Ackbar lead HAAT team and soloing p1. He is horrible at arena and TW/TB are irrelevant considerations for me until I finish up all my raid/event teams. I only got his Zeta and will probably get Ventress's because I lack a real HAAT team and this is one I can get really quickly.

If JTR is coming this month I definitely won't make it in time; vets are still working on their fifth stars. Even if it's next month I'd be hard pressed to make it in time. So it's kind of pointless prioritizing a zeta for a character I won't unlock for 2+ months. 2+ months = 4+ zetas.
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    If you've already got IBAT, I would look at giving R2D2 one of his as well. Number Crunch is an excellent zeta especially with a well geared and modded R2.

Excellent for what? What would I specifically be using it for in the near future? Like I said, getting something that's cool or strong in some vague general sense without some specific purpose is pointless. However "strong" the R2/CLS duo, it's garbage in arena so what exactly would I be using it for?

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Letareus wrote: »
    [However "strong" the R2/CLS duo, it's garbage in arena...

This is clearly not remotely true.

Your position is deeply odd. You seem very opinionated for someone asking advice.

• R2's number crunch is a great zeta! Makes you whole (light side) team better. Yes, there are not many CLS lead teams in arena anymore, but R2 is there with JTR and BB-8. JTR you will also need in HSTR. R2 is also great in LS TB and TW.
  • Yes, but zcls and zhan it's not only hpit. You can do with this this guy haat more than 30m dmg. I use zhan and zcls with arena plus zfin team.
    I have too zeta on jtr, but I think its mistake, couse for her need zeta bb and r2 .
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Here is my zeta plan from start to the foreseeable future. I am at least as 'successful' as you.

1) Palp lead for obvious reasons
    2) Sion unique for obvious reasons
    3) Nihilus unique - probably not essential but has certainly helped
    4) Palp unique - personally I think this zeta can be skipped, I haven't noticed a huge change with it.
    5) Asajj Rampage
    6) CLS IBAT - now auto solo pit and solo p3/4 HAAT
    7) Asajj lead - now have mandatory zetas for P4 NS (rotationally choice now there's a nerf coming)
    8) Han - now have mandatory zetas for chex mix
    9) JTR lead
    10) BB8 RWTP - now able to post respectable damage in p1
    11) R2 NC - make p1 more reliable

From 12 onwards I'll see how the state of play is. I was thinking talzin lead for P3 or Daka unique but with a nerf inbound that's not sensible right now. If the nerf makes them useless then I'll go for Veers unique - > bastila lead - > GMY - > Bossk - > Ezra - > OB - > Hoda unless new str teams become apparent.
  • CaptainFizz
    300 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    We can't really decide for you......

My next zetas are going on future HSTR teams. In order of essential to most damage improving.

If you want to do better in raids, decide what teams you will use, gear them up, Zeta as required.

If it's arena, stick the zetas on, they all help. I found EP didn't get killed in opening rounds with unique but only after G12.

So decide what teams you want to use in what areas, Zeta leads then the most useful / damage increasing one's.
  • You seem to be doing fine in arena with your current rank of #2. Honestly, I would be tempted to put zetas on Palp's and Vader's uniques just to finish off your current team and add a bit of cushion. Not sure what teams you face, but having Vader immune to TM reduction and extra protection on Palps are definitely helpful. With the Thrawn unique already in place, you really only need an Assaj unique for the AA lead, BB-8, CLS, Thrawn, Assaj team for HAAT raids. If you have them strong enough you can solo both P3 and P4, which could easily earn the number one spot for the raid.

As for Luke's other unique, it is great for the CLS only team in P1 of HAAT. The 50% counter is nice to have as well as the other bonuses. His leader zeta you can pass on. I didn't zeta that one for quite some time. It can be useful in TB/TW though. # Crunch on R2 is great as well since R2 can work on so many different teams.

Not sure where your guild is in terms of the sith raid, so I can't recommend going for any of those zetas at this point. You are still a ways off from being ready for JTR, so there isn't a need to save zetas for her yet. Honestly, CLS has always been more useful for me than JTR and have all three zetas on both. I never went with a JTR arena teams, but I'm on a pretty old shard and have to compete with whales with the current meta all the time. I only recently switched from Titans to zBastila.

So my recommendations would be:

Arena - Vader and Palps uniques
    HAAT raid - Assaj and CLS's uniques
  • For me if you want use vantress on haat only, so wasted zeta. Young han much more better without zeta
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My quotes and responses below are not in chronological order. I put my second zeta on Ventress's unique to use in HAAT last night. Unfortunately, her gear isn't up there yet so she died pretty early on. I'll have another Zeta in 5 days or less, though so I still need a Zeta plan.
    [However "strong" the R2/CLS duo, it's garbage in arena...
    This is clearly not remotely true. Your position is deeply odd. You seem very opinionated for someone asking advice.

It absolutely is true. In the rare event that I see CLS and R2 in the top 20, it's a free guaranteed kill that I easily crush. They are a joke. Maybe they're good if you're not farming first in squad arena every day, at ranks 50+ or 100+ or something.

I'm very opinionated because I've been very successful at squad and fleet arena. I get 1 or 2 for my payout almost every day in squad and first in fleet. I've also made very rapid progress in general with Legendary farms.
    All this is because I received and followed very good advice here on the forums. But now I've reached a point where I've followed that advice to its conclusion (when I finish my JTR farm) and now I need more.
    Kullervo79 wrote: »
    R2's number crunch is a great zeta! Makes you whole (light side) team better. Yes, there are not many CLS lead teams in arena anymore, but R2 is there with JTR and BB-8. JTR you will also need in HSTR. R2 is also great in LS TB and TW.

JTR teams are garbage in arena too. They are easy free kills like CLS teams. For me, anyway. There is a reason why EP nightmare, Traya, and Bastila are meta. Maybe you're on some bizarre shard that doesn't have meta teams, or maybe you're talking about low ranks (20+, 50+ or 100+).

Thank you for at least giving me a specific purpose for R2. Yeah, he's used with JTR, but like I said, I won't get JTR for at least 2 months. If JTR comes back this month, I won't get her until she comes back in 4+ months. That means JTR and R2 zetas are definitely not a priority. I'm not going to save a zeta for 4 months when I'll make 8+ Zetas in that time. Like I said, LS TB and TW are not a consideration for me at this time.

[quote="EdSolo;c-1638832"You are still a ways off from being ready for JTR, so there isn't a need to save zetas for her yet. [/quote]

Thank you! That's what I've been saying. Wish these other people could see what you're seeing.
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    For me if you want use vantress on haat only, so wasted zeta. Young han much more better without zeta

It's the same thing with CLS. HAAT only pretty much. Ventress I'll actually be using in STR because I'll be building a NIghtsister team as soon as I finish farming Vets.
    Here is my zeta plan from start to the foreseeable future. I am at least as 'successful' as you.
    From 12 onwards I'll see how the state of play is. I was thinking talzin lead for P3 or Daka unique but with a nerf inbound that's not sensible right now. If the nerf makes them useless then I'll go for Veers unique - > bastila lead - > GMY - > Bossk - > Ezra - > OB - > Hoda unless new str teams become apparent.

Thanks for giving detailed, sensible advice. So you think NIghtsisters might become less uesful for STR? How does making the raid easier make NIghtsisters worse at it?
    We can't really decide for you......
    My next zetas are going on future HSTR teams. In order of essential to most damage improving.
    If you want to do better in raids, decide what teams you will use, gear them up, Zeta as required.
    If it's arena, stick the zetas on, they all help. I found EP didn't get killed in opening rounds with unique but only after G12.
    So decide what teams you want to use in what areas, Zeta leads then the most useful / damage increasing one's.

My EP is G12+ with 4/5 pieces of 12+ gear. So I might get his Zeta soon, thanks, you're the first to advocate for it. I'm doing fine in arena, but more security never hurts.
    EdSolo wrote: »
    You seem to be doing fine in arena with your current rank of #2. Honestly, I would be tempted to put zetas on Palp's and Vader's uniques just to finish off your current team and add a bit of cushion.

Yeah, I actually get #1 or 2 every day for my payout. I could get 1 every day but I rotate with a friend in my payout. Obviously, it doesn't stay at that rank after my payout when the other payouts take their turn at the top slots.
    Not sure what teams you face, but having Vader immune to TM reduction and extra protection on Palps are definitely helpful.
    Thanks, I've been wanting to Zeta EP's unique for a while but was advised against it in tha past. With you and CaptainFizz recommending it I'm seriously considering it. I kind of want Vader's unique as well, not sure. I don't face a lot of TMR in arena but more healing is always helpful.
    With the Thrawn unique already in place, you really only need an Assaj unique for the AA lead, BB-8, CLS, Thrawn, Assaj team for HAAT raids. If you have them strong enough you can solo both P3 and P4, which could easily earn the number one spot for the raid.
    Yeah I went ahead and got the Assaj unique in case you missed it at the top of this post. Didn't fare too well on my first go but I don't have her gear up to par yet.
    As for Luke's other unique, it is great for the CLS only team in P1 of HAAT. The 50% counter is nice to have as well as the other bonuses. His leader zeta you can pass on. I didn't zeta that one for quite some time. It can be useful in TB/TW though. # Crunch on R2 is great as well since R2 can work on so many different teams.
    Hmm, I can already solo p1 HAAT with CLS only, though. I could do it without IBAT, and IBAT already made it much easier. Not sure spending a Zeta to make it even easier is worth it. TB/TW isn't really a consideration for me until I have all my raid/event teams set. I don't plan on changing guilds/guild shopping.

I hear about R2 a lot but I don't have a specific team in mind that includes him. The next raid team I'm planning on is Nightsisters. Like you said yourself, I won't be gettng JTR anytime soon.
    Not sure where your guild is in terms of the sith raid, so I can't recommend going for any of those zetas at this point. Honestly, CLS has always been more useful for me than JTR and have all three zetas on both.
    How is CLS used in STR, if that's what you were suggesting? Haven't seen a team with him on it, and have been wondering because I'm not having much success with him in that raid.

Post edited by Letareus on
  • My 2 cents.

IBAT was a bad choice. Itis a wonderful skill and CLS is a great toon however...the single most important item in game is zeta materials. You have allowed yourself to follow others and not focus on the most important item.

Double zeta tarkin or thrawn....assume tarkin in your case

You have a zeta on vader

No zeta needed for
    Tie pilot
    Plo koon
    Wedge
    Biggs
    Phantom

Work up to get bossk and hound

I make 3 zetas a month. You might make 1.5 maybe. In 2 months thatis 3 extra zetas. What could you do wirh 3 zetaa....hmmm.

Raid rewards are not very different top to bottom. Not very smart putting focus where ypu get minimal returns. Also you had palp and vader zetas...tarkin made much more sense
    JTR teams are garbage in arena too.

Ah now I got you...you're trolling...

• Ah now I got you...you're trolling...
    Well, he only got the (somewhat narrow) perspective from his own shard which is relatively young and obviously not populated with a lot of whales, or at least not on the same payout hour.
    EP>Traya: Traya is the better leader on defense since there are a lot more counters to EP lead than to Traya lead squads. Yes, you can beat Traya lead with EP lead and I did that even without having Traya in my squad but it is a gamble.
    JTR are garbage: A good JTR team will win against Nightmare on offense, in fact, some of them are so strong that I sometimes lose against them with my Nightmare squad (1yo shard, +105 average speed bonus on my arena squad). Yes, JTR is not very good against Nightsisters or Traya but she still does well against Bastila and EP Nightmare at least on offense.
    Which Zetas next: EP unique is definitely worth it if you plan to use him as a leader for several months to come. Survivability on EP helps in several arena matches e.g. against Bastila (it's not smart to use EP against her but it can work) or strong/fast JTR teams with Holdo.
    Double zeta tarkin or thrawn....assume tarkin in your case
    That is a stupid advice to someone at his stage. I agree that one or both zetas (and 6E mods) on Tarkin might be required for him at some point to keep 1st place in fleets but definitely not within the next few months. Hence, zetas on Tarkin at this point will not have any impact on his performance for a period of time in which he'll at least get another 5 (rather 10 or more) zetas. We actually don't even know what capitol ship will be the best choice by then as a new one might pop up...
  • I not agree, Ibat grant zeta, I use cls long time vs. Nightmare team, now I use zfinn, but still in this team I have zhan and zcls. With zfinn I easy can beat every nightmare team, if I say vs. Nighsister, or jtr I use mix team with zcls L.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Letareus wrote:

How is CLS used in STR, if that's what you were suggesting? Haven't seen a team with him on it, and have been wondering because I'm not having much success with him in that raid.

CLS is leader of the Chex Mix team for phase 3 of heroic sith raid. It’s Luke, zeta Han, Death Trooper, Chirrut, Pao. It’s a fiddly team that requires timing, but if you get the timing right, it does a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Basically, you want Han to get a turn when he has tenacity and offense up, one lightsaber is down, and Traya has deathmark. Then have him stand alone, do Never Tell Me The Odds, and counter like crazy.
  • One thought after reading through... don’t skip Raid Han. He’s great for many game modes and his zeta is still one of the best bangs for your buck.
  • My 2 cents.
    I make 3 zetas a month. You might make 1.5 maybe. In 2 months thatis 3 extra zetas. What could you do wirh 3 zetaa....hmmm.

Raid rewards are not very different top to bottom. Not very smart putting focus where ypu get minimal returns. Also you had palp and vader zetas...tarkin made much more sense

Yeah, I don't think you know what you're talking about, at least when it comes to me. You make it sound like I'm not doing very well in fleet arena and most of our your advice seems geared towards fleet. Let me repeat what I've already said multiple times in this thread: I GET #1 in FLEET EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hope that's clear enough, if a bit oversimplified. To be more precise, I'm unable to play during payout maybe 1-2 days every 2 months. So I get #1 approximately 97-99% of the time.

Let's check your flawed math. You say I might get 1.5 zetas a month. I get 1,800 fleet currency a day. 1,800x30=54,000 a month. 54,000/2,000=27 zeta materials a month from fleet currency alone. Add the Zeta mats from events, TW, challenges, etc and I think I've got about the same zeta production as you. I was farming Rex and Chirrut shards (which I regret doing), but they're both at 7 stars now so I won't be spending fleet currency on anything but Zetas for the foreseeable future.

Regarding raid rewards - having a whole extra box of gear, a red box with better drops isn't very different from the bottom? Not to mention the extra shards, which are doubled at first rank compared with everyone else. And the extra currency. Ok.
    :rolls eyes:

I crush my fleet arena shard right now. Battles are easy. I usually win in less than 2 minutes. I usually only need to do one fight a day because I rarely get bumped out of the top 5. I literally can't do any better in fleet at the moment. So prioritizing fleet upgrades is a good idea? It sounds like fleet is where I get minimal returns. I have no doubt that I'll eventually need to invest more into my fleet. But as VIR2L_One wisely pointed out, that won't be for some time.
    JTR teams are garbage in arena too.
    Ah now I got you...you're trolling...

Not at all. Let's see here:

https://imgur.com/F6JwvDk

Wow, look at all those JTR's (not)! As you can see, there's a complete lack of JTR's at the top of my shard. That's not because they don't exist. My shard used to have a lot of JTR teams at the top. But the EP nightmare meta edged them out. There are still a few of them lurking at the lower ranks in the top 50, but in general they simply can't survive long at high ranks.

Occasionally, one of them makes it into the top 20 so I get a chance to fight one in my daily climb. They are always incredibly easy to kill with my EP nightmare team. That's not an accident, they are apparently easy to kill for all the other EP nightmares and Bastilas, as you can see in the screenshot compilation above, which is why you don't see any.
    VIR2L_One wrote: »
    Well, he only got the (somewhat narrow) perspective from his own shard which is relatively young and obviously not populated with a lot of whales, or at least not on the same payout hour....

You're right, I'm writing from the perspective of my shard. And I guess my shard is somewhat young (9 months): it's a January 2018 shard. So I guess it's possible the JTR's on my shard are just weak or bad at it. But I'm not so sure. Many of the people I share top ranks with could move their mods over to a JTR team if they wanted and invest in gear for a JTR team if they wanted, so they could have gear and mods equivalent to their Bastila/EP nightmare teams. But they don't. Logically, it must because JTR teams are just inferior, because if they could do better with a JTR team why wouldn't they have done so? However, I've never seen a JTR team with Holdo, so maybe that's what it takes to make JTR work well.

And yeah, there don't seem to be many whales in my shard. Maybe I'm lucky.
    VIR2L_One wrote: »
    A good JTR team will win against Nightmare on offense, in fact, some of them are so strong that I sometimes lose against them with my Nightmare squad (1yo shard, +105 average speed bonus on my arena squad).
    Which Zetas next: EP unique is definitely worth it if you plan to use him as a leader for several months to come. Survivability on EP helps in several arena matches e.g. against Bastila (it's not smart to use EP against her but it can work) or strong/fast JTR teams with Holdo.
    That is a **** advice to someone at his stage.

Well, the name of the game nowadays is that pretty much anyone (with a meta team) can win against anyone on offense. But for some reason, JTR teams just could not survive the Darwinian gauntlet. Remember, they used to be plentiful in the top 10 on my shard.

Thanks for the tip on EP's unique though, I think I've settled on that for my next Zeta. I still need to figure out the next few after that though.

And yeah, if you saw my response earlier in this post, Chicagotarsier didn't seem to know what he was talking about, thanks for seeing it too.
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    CLS is leader of the Chex Mix team for phase 3 of heroic sith raid.

OK, but that team requires me to farm 2 characters almost from scratch, to gear 4 characters from scratch or almost from scratch, and DT requires cantina energy, which I won't have available for 2+ months (JTR vet farm).

Also, it seems to be less useful generally than a nightsister team, which also requires me to farm and gear 4 characters but is useful in many phases of STR (not just one) and probably does much better damage.
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    One thought after reading through... don’t skip Raid Han. He’s great for many game modes and his zeta is still one of the best bangs for your buck.

What's he used for besides Chex Mix? I know he can be used in place of Ventress in Ackbar's HAAT team, but Ventress is much better in that role and I already have Ventress geared and Zeta'd.
    What's he used for besides Chex Mix?

You are a one-off. Talk like a pro but... :smiley:

Yeah I don’t even know where to start with this guy. He doesn’t want advice.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Yeah I don’t even know where to start with this guy. He doesn’t want advice.

On the contrary, everything he's saying is sensible and something that newer players like us NEED to consider. If you want to keep taking #1 in arena you need to be doing HSTR. TW/TB can wait, if you're not heroic sith your future is not bright.

Currently, as it stands with Deathstorm NS, my opinion is that Chex Mix is dead. I've seen someone post 18M damage in P3 with a level 1 gear 1 Spirit. Sure, I'll gear my Chex as a backup but it's now the 3rd best P3 team (after Deathstorm and Greedo).
    Thanks for giving detailed, sensible advice. So you think NIghtsisters might become less uesful for STR? How does making the raid easier make NIghtsisters worse at it?

The devs have stated that the Asajj/Zombie loop is going to be nerfed by the end of September. Whether that drastically reduces their STR effectiveness remains to be seen, but I can't imaging they're happy that a relatively easy F2P farm is massively outperforming their shiny and expensive new bounty hunters.