RG Auto Taunt Question

Thinking about farming RG now that he got buffed. I got lucky at got a bunch of shards for him early on that I never used, so now I have him at 5* and halfway to 6*, but I have a question about his auto taught. Does it fire if one of my toons is one shot to death? What if my toon is two shot to death (i.e. from an assist)?

Replies

• Neither will trigger it in my experience with him.
  • I have a RG 5* 78/85 his auto taunt won't go off if a char is one shot. However with an assist what will happen is this for example QGJ uses his ability and the char that he attacks falls below 50% health the auto taunt will go off but whoever is called to do the assist will still strike the same char that QGJ strikes but whoever attacks next must attack RG.

If the attacked chars health doesn't go below 50% the auto taunt won't go off if the char is than killed of the assist the auto taunt won't go off. If the char is wounded of the assist and the health falls below 50% the taunt will go of.

So the taunt only goes off when a char is below 50% health. I run QGJ, GS, Lumi, Phasma with RG currently working on Rey to replace with Phasma. What I generally notice is if you have your glass cannons maxed they can usually withstand being one shot or killed of an assist unless obviously two heavy hitters were involved.

Usually the char is left with a sliver of health and RG will taunt. This is were my lumi will take her turn and heal the entire team bringing everyone back to green in health and then the heal over time protects the glass cannons since most of the other teams heavy are either dead or have used up their specials.

BTW i rank 1 at reward time and rarely drop out of the top 10 over night. Its the best team comp that I have at the moment that doesn't lose a lot places overnight. But RG is a pain to farm I try to get his shards if they pop up in the shipments store too.

Hope this helps all the best.
  • Lauwanhoi
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Iron_Mike1 wrote: »
    I have a RG 5* 78/85 his auto taunt won't go off if a char is one shot. However with an assist what will happen is this for example QGJ uses his ability and the char that he attacks falls below 50% health the auto taunt will go off but whoever is called to do the assist will still strike the same char that QGJ strikes but whoever attacks next must attack RG.

If the attacked chars health doesn't go below 50% the auto taunt won't go off if the char is than killed of the assist the auto taunt won't go off. If the char is wounded of the assist and the health falls below 50% the taunt will go of.

So the taunt only goes off when a char is below 50% health. I run QGJ, GS, Lumi, Phasma with RG currently working on Rey to replace with Phasma. What I generally notice is if you have your glass cannons maxed they can usually withstand being one shot or killed of an assist unless obviously two heavy hitters were involved.

Usually the char is left with a sliver of health and RG will taunt. This is were my lumi will take her turn and heal the entire team bringing everyone back to green in health and then the heal over time protects the glass cannons since most of the other teams heavy are either dead or have used up their specials.

BTW i rank 1 at reward time and rarely drop out of the top 10 over night. Its the best team comp that I have at the moment that doesn't lose a lot places overnight. But RG is a pain to farm I try to get his shards if they pop up in the shipments store too.

Hope this helps all the best.

Thanks, exactly what I thought would happen with RG's auto taunt, so I am definitely going to invest the time to farm him, at what star level do you think he's viable in Arena? Right now I am running QGJ, GS, Lumi, Leia & either Sid/Yoda (typically when I face Dooku I use Yoda to put tenacity up on my toons so he can't stun one of them). I have FOTP at 6* but I just find he's too slow in this current speed/DPS meta, but if RG can taunt for him I'll put him in there instead of Leia. So with RG I would most likely go: QGJ, GS, Lumi, FOTP & RG.
  • OP, rg can bit a bit frustrating to gear so do that asap. your star level is great for arena. I've been using mine at 5* and he does the job. Even at 4* he has OK health to make sure he stuns, taunts, and buffs before he dies. Maybe you can do a Sid, gs, fotp, leia, rg. SUPER high dps and rg will protect the slow fotp.
  • I actually have put RG into my arena team with QGJ (L), Lumi, FOTP and GS. And I find that I am not slipping as much anymore. I have gotten him to gear level 7 with one more left before I can upgrade him to 8, so far I am liking it!
  • Mine is 3 star, just about 4 star and he's for some reason great in GW with his stuns. I'm 70, but him being 3* doesn't make that big of a difference. He does have 10k hp at lvl 60 g7 unfortunately , but still viable.
  • Kr4itok_
    269 posts Member
    I might go a bit troll with my team once I get RG 7* and gear 8. Was thinking QGJ, Anakin, RG, Elder, and Daka. Could see it being complete garbage, or glorious chaos on defense with heals, rez, taunts, and Anakin turn meter shenanigans.