Please Help with New Mod Systems

I am both a. busy and b. stupid. Quite the combination.

However many times I try to figure out the new mod system I give up.

I guess I just want someone to tell me what I'm meant to be doing lol...

Firstly - slicing. It's just upgrading a mod right? And you need material to do it?

I'm able to sim all the Mod Battles...should I be farming the slicing materials there? Is it really worth my time and resources to build up loads of these materials as a priority? I'm assuming so.

Should I be actively working towards slicing up my very best current mods? Or work on the ones below them currently?

Why when I experiment to see which mods are suggested does it very often suggest a worse mode? Looking now...my Imperial Trooper has a 5 star 15-B mod primary stat 5.88% Offence and then 4 secondaries. The suggested mod is a 1 star mod with 0.13% Offence and no secondaries...eh?

They'll be more questions...I'm sure...until then, I am forever appreciative. Thank you.

Replies

• Tagged you in my other thread.

On the recommendations, I think they are just generically based on class. Possible that the AI can "see" hidden stats of unupgraded mods and takes them into account. But I'm guessing is as simple as "attacker gets X set."

It recommenened that I give Vandor 2 protection primary mods, which is bad for him, but good for tanks in general. I do think this part is a positive change though. I can't tell you how many people I see deploying whole teams in TW with zero or 2 mods assigned. Good for the lazy. You should probably do it yourself though if you already understand it.
  • I am both a. busy and b. ****. Quite the combination.
    I'm going to guess those stars are a word that start with L, end with Y, and were part of the name of a really cool kids show? Weird. Never thought that would be censored, but I guess it's used as an insult a lot around here. *shrugs*
    Firstly - slicing. It's just upgrading a mod right? And you need material to do it?
    Yeah, basically. It's upgrading the A-E rating of an existing mod. Every mod has four secondary stats, just as before, but whereas before you would get one of those stats bumped for every letter and then the stats became fixed and static, now when you slice to improve the rating of a mod you're going to increase one of those stats as well.
    I'm able to sim all the Mod Battles...should I be farming the slicing materials there? Is it really worth my time and resources to build up loads of these materials as a priority? I'm assuming so.
    It's worth the time, yes. It's important to note that one slicing material (the yellow-bordered one that looks like a Bloomin' Onion) can't be farmed with energy. You can either buy 3 from the guild store for 450 tokens, or you can buy 20 from the weekly store for 1500 crystals. The Bloomin' Onion is used to take a 5A mod (5-dots, gold quality) to 6E (6-dots, gray-looking, but NOT gray quality--it retains all the previous stats, but gets a big bonus to its primary stat and moderate bonuses to all its secondary stats).

The thing you didn't ask that I'll point out is that farming slicing materials means you're not farming mods, since they use the same energy. Since you're an established player, I would focus on farming the slicing mats for now--you probably have more than enough mods for several teams already, so improve the ones you have while occasionally picking one up out of the Mod Store.
    Should I be actively working towards slicing up my very best current mods? Or work on the ones below them currently?
    I'd pick a specific character that you're happy with and just focus on them first, then move on to the next one. There are six slicing materials, two of which are only used to go from 5A to 6E, so the four "basics," let's call them, are needed in pretty high numbers--but the drop rates are really good, so it's probably going to be easier to just go one at a time on characters instead of going one at a time on mods.
    Why when I experiment to see which mods are suggested does it very often suggest a worse mode? Looking now...my Imperial Trooper has a 5 star 15-B mod primary stat 5.88% Offence and then 4 secondaries. The suggested mod is a 1 star mod with 0.13% Offence and no secondaries...eh?
    It's bugged. But also it's a tool for new players who aren't sure what to do, use it to get started, then grow out of it. I think what it's doing is just finding the best available mod you have that matches the set bonus they suggest. So if your Deathtrooper is modded for offense and the "suggestion" is that they should be using crit damage sets, no matter how good your offense set mod is it's going to suggest your best free crit damage mod instead, even if it's just a 1-dot trash mod.

It's better to use the Advance Search to find the exact mod that you want.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Also, not that anyone asked, but here's what the slicing materials look like to me, listed in order of where they appear on the mod board:
    9A: Phone charger.
    9B: Slide carousel.
    9C: Flash drive.
    9D: Shake Weight
    9E: Brain in a Jar (the D&D monster)
    9F: Dark brain in a jar.
    Guild store: Bloomin' Onion.
  • Slicing will upgrade a random stat on your mod. So yes, it’s basically just an upgrade. Slicing to 6 dot will increase all of the secondaries and the primary.

Yes, farm the slicing materials with mod energy. It seems like the mod challenges are dropping worse mods now, so it’s probably best to focus on upgrading the good mods you already have.

I would slice arena mods before your other ones. Just know that if you bring an arena mod to 6 dot you can only put it on a g12 character.

I don’t think the mod suggestions are WAI. I’m not using them because of how terrible the suggestions are.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Also, not that anyone asked, but here's what the slicing materials look like to me, listed in order of where they appear on the mod board:
    9A: Phone charger.
    9B: Slide carousel.
    9C: Flash drive.
    9D: Shake Weight
    9E: Brain in a Jar (the D&D monster)
    9F: Dark brain in a jar.
    Guild store: Bloomin' Onion.

This is great
  • @CoastalJames have you created loadouts yet? I think this is the first step tbh.

Optimizing your best mods for your needed toons. Figuring out where your mods should go and to who etc.

I plan going to swgoh.gg when I have time and just putting pen to paper my best mods where they are and who they should go on.

A guildie I think said it took about 2 hours and he made sets for 14 teams.
    I am both a. busy and b. ****. Quite the combination.
    I'm going to guess those stars are a word that start with L, end with Y, and were part of the name of a really cool kids show?

No...started with "s" ended with "d" and had "tupi" between them.

Thanks to all those that have replied...trying to paint a house now...give me a minute!

I am both a. busy and b. ****. Quite the combination.
    I'm going to guess those stars are a word that start with L, end with Y, and were part of the name of a really cool kids show?

No...started with "s" ended with "d" and had "tupi" between them.

Oh, well that makes a lot more sense. I guess I'm the stupid one, then :p But that's good, because I'm also lazy so I just don't care! :D
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Good for the lazy. You should probably do it yourself though if you already understand it.

This makes sense and I'd kind of concluded it myself. Good for beginners but apart from that, not much use. Thank you @VonZant .

And thank you @NicWester , that was a really informative post. Very useful. Your descriptions were hilarious also!

@DaPowerfulJedi - great stuff, I appreciate it.

Yo @Vinny_Vader_Vedi , not done that yet...but I already have great mod sets ;) particularly on my Arena team. And yes, I'm an old-fashioned pen and paper kind of homeboy too...