First chromium - ST Han or Poe ?

I've been wanting to restart as my account is years old yet I just started playing seriously and am way too behind. I've already decided I want to do this as it'll make the day-to-day arena more interesting. I made a few new accounts attempting to get a strong first character from chromium packs. I have one account with ST Han and one with Poe.

My *goal* is to have a decent team on arena day 1, any type of grind it saves me later doesn't matter to me. I just want a strong start.

I am thinking the Han one is the best to go with because he has so many tags that he's good for multiple challenges and heists. However, poe definitely seems better in arena and he has an x-wing that could go with biggs/wedge later?

Please give advice as there's a lot I don't know.

Replies

• It's good that you are thinking ahead about fleet but don't get too hung up on X-Wings, there's no special synergy between them like there is between Biggs and Wedge in squads.

Poe may be useful but you are not going to be forming a resistance team around him for a while.
  • STHan is great early to mid-game in Arena.

Plus, he will get you CLS...super important.

Don't worry about Poe...you won't be needing him for a long time, if ever. And as @Rath_Tarr said - there is no synergy between X-Wings...no idea why...
  • STHan is great early to mid-game in Arena.

Plus, he will get you CLS...super important.

Don't worry about Poe...you won't be needing him for a long time, if ever. And as @Rath_Tarr said - there is no synergy between X-Wings...no idea why...
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It's good that you are thinking ahead about fleet but don't get too hung up on X-Wings, there's no special synergy between them like there is between Biggs and Wedge in squads.

Poe may be useful but you are not going to be forming a resistance team around him for a while.

Okay. Yeah, the synergy thing is weird. I really wanted to go for Old Ben, but it took like 50 accounts to get poe and STHan, so I'm kind of over it. (They changed it like literally last week where first pack isn't a guaranteed character anymore)

Thanks for your advice, I will move forward and hopefully do well.
  • Siyoles wrote: »
    Yeah, the synergy thing is weird.

It is. There are more than a few things in this game that don't quite add up. Sometimes has the feel of a work in progress.

STHan is very good mate. He's not going to carry you through to the end game but he'll get you to mid-game. And get you the invaluable and superb CLS :smile:

• I’m amazed this guy did the tutorial over and over again 50 times O.o
  • I’m amazed this guy did the tutorial over and over again 50 times O.o

Lol. Very true @ChrisSkywalker very true. Same here. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I think I did it maybe 30 times when I started. I would not have bothered, if the first pack was not a guaranteed toon unlock. Oh and yeah go for STH