Rebel Roundup

Prev1
Why would anyone with teams strong enough want such lame rewards? I doubt any with Bounty Hunters strong enough to win, are still building wedge or biggs etc.. Seriously, the rewards are really outdated in my opinion.

Replies

• I think it’s an event that serves more as an equivalent. Thrawns cap ship needs rebel ships. For newer players I’m sure this event is great.

For longer term players - this is all shardshop.
  • I think it’s an event that serves more as an equivalent. Thrawns cap ship needs rebel ships. For newer players I’m sure this event is great.

Newer players won't have BH's etc to get past Tier 1?
  • Maybe not as of now. But they will. I think newer player squads are much different than squads we had at the time. Due to the marquees I think their staples are way different.

I could also be wrong. But I don’t think another event gives these ls toons and ships. Places of power gives ds.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    I love when late game players question why the game has something. As though they are all that matters. New players can go to hell apparently.

You can also use imperial troopers. My BH's are very bad, but I do all the tiers with my troopers. Maybe newer players can use a combination of both and do at least tier 1.

You can also use imperial troopers. My BH's are very bad, but I do all the tiers with my troopers. Maybe newer players can use a combination of both and do at least tier 1.

Bh and troopers are needed for all as well. Dstb makes sure of that.
  • I have everything maxed except Captain Han, but I think this event is pretty good. Loads of shard currency.
  • OP is 100% right.

Late game players don’t need the rewards (shards don’t ever hurt, even when maxed). New players who need the shards can not beat tier 1.

The difficulty level should be for 50-60 leveled players for an event like this
  • I for one appriciate the shard shop currency
  • Events like this are basically inaccessible until you build up a strong squad of the required faction. The barrier to entry is too high.

• Weaselcult wrote: »
    I for one appriciate the shard shop currency

I think that’s OPs point. The only people who can best this event- are people who are converting shards for shard shop currency

No one who needs those shards are able to get them - until they no longer need them
  • I think the early tiers are pretty accessible just not with bounty hunters it seems more geared towards imperial troopers.
  • I'd appreciate if there was some gear salvage/ omegas/ purple mats in these events. But the shards we get is much more than other assault tbh.
  • Weaselcult wrote: »
    I think the early tiers are pretty accessible just not with bounty hunters it seems more geared towards imperial troopers.

What new players have imperial trooper heavy squads? It’s clearly a end game event for people who don’t need the rewards but want the shard shop currency.

I’m level 77 and always top 10 in my arena. All my troops with her exception of BF (revive)get destroyed before I get an attack off.

They should nerf the difficulty and the rewards with it
  • Nema wrote: »
    I love when late game players question why the game has something. As though they are all that matters. New players can go to hell apparently.

Nope, far from it. You choose to take it that way. I run multiple accounts to test various methods, etc and have good suggestions for our members. Not knowing this, explains why you could jump to that conclusion.
  • nQthing wrote: »
    Weaselcult wrote: »
    I for one appriciate the shard shop currency

I think that’s OPs point. The only people who can best this event- are people who are converting shards for shard shop currency

No one who needs those shards are able to get them - until they no longer need them

Bingo, we have achieved comprehension! :D
  • My g8 bounty hunters (barely) cleared T1 on the first try. I may not need Phoenix shards, but I can use the Rogue One shards since only my Chirrut is seven stars.
  • My g8 bounty hunters (barely) cleared T1 on the first try. I may not need Phoenix shards, but I can use the Rogue One shards since only my Chirrut is seven stars.

To help qualify your needs, what GP are you?
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My g8 bounty hunters (barely) cleared T1 on the first try. I may not need Phoenix shards, but I can use the Rogue One shards since only my Chirrut is seven stars.

Just over 1.5 million.
    Here’s my account:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/starfightr/

Just over 1.5 million.
    Here’s my account:

2/3 of the prizes you get- go directly towards shard shop currency.
  • The Legendary events are much better balanced: you can have a bit of fun knocking out the early tiers even if your squad isn't powerful enough to unlock the hero.

This event requires 8 consecutive fights with tough opponents even for T1, which is brutal on anything short of a well powered-up faction squad.

Just over 1.5 million.
    Here’s my account:

Sorry for late reply, I was distracted. I would say you have a decent roster, and need to focus on squads 1 at a time (I learned this the hard way, so I know that of which I speak lol). I take issue with people saying they used a low level team (gear 8) and got thru it. That is not going to be the case for others unless you can repeat it over and over (your success), in short it was purely RNG, which is a whole other subject I will not rehash here lol

Just over 1.5 million.
    Here’s my account:

Sorry for late reply, I was distracted. I would say you have a decent roster, and need to focus on squads 1 at a time (I learned this the hard way, so I know that of which I speak lol). I take issue with people saying they used a low level team (gear 8) and got thru it. That is not going to be the case for others unless you can repeat it over and over (your success), in short it was purely RNG, which is a whole other subject I will not rehash here lol

Not really. My g8 boba soloed first tier in this event's first iteration. No rng, i retreated and did it again. :P

Just spam specials. I believe a decent g9 team can complete t2 too.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The Legendary events are much better balanced: you can have a bit of fun knocking out the early tiers even if your squad isn't powerful enough to unlock the hero.

This event requires 8 consecutive fights with tough opponents even for T1, which is brutal on anything short of a well powered-up faction squad.

The constantly reused method of node 4 being almost more difficult then node 8 is wearing thin. Most players I talk to elsewhere feel they have EA/CG's hand in their pocket everytime they login. Me personally, I find enjoyment going as far as I can and take solace in the fact they have NEVER gotten a penny out of me for SWGOH. :)
  • No rng, i retreated and did it again. :P

You just made my point for me, going out and in is RNG based results. If you get the same results each time there is no RNG :)

• DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This event doesn't require a full team of good bh to beat. A geared up boba fett can pretty much solo the first two tiers if done correctly. You just need other bh/imp troopers strong enough to live long enough to get boba's contract off. Then spam the special ability of the event and give boba kills with it. This stacks his offense. In the first two rounds there are enemies that revive if they have a buff. Once everyone but fett dies, he can use only kill those with his basic and keep using them to stack offense. By the end you can have 40 or 50 stacks and boba on shots the enemies. He then regains full protection and bh resolve if he lost it. So the whole premise of this post, that you need maxed out bh or imp troopers just isn't true. So the rewards are obtainable when players still need them.
  • I always need more shards for the shard shop, so this event is excellent. Can never have too many tokens.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This event doesn't require a full team of good bh to beat. A geared up boba fett can pretty much solo the first two tiers if done correctly. You just need other bh/imp troopers strong enough to live long enough to get boba's contract off. Then spam the special ability of the event and give boba kills with it. This stacks his offense. In the first two rounds there are enemies that revive if they have a buff. Once everyone but fett dies, he can use only kill those with his basic and keep using them to stack offense. By the end you can have 40 or 50 stacks and boba on shots the enemies. He then regains full protection and bh resolve if he lost it. So the whole premise of this post, that you need maxed out bh or imp troopers just isn't true. So the rewards are obtainable when players still need them.

Agreed, I used g8 Shore (4* or 5*) and 7* Stormtooper, and lost them after node 4 but finished the rest with Boba g11, IG88 g10, Greedo g9, in Tier 1.
  • When it first came out, I would lose everyone but fett in the first round and could still finish the first two tiers. Now my bhs have improved some so I can beat the first two tiers with 3 or so bhs left. But with fett being needed for ships, goid for credit heist, and over all decent, he is a good option to gear for this event. And I have a fairly deep roster so it is mostly shard currency but I do get some rogue one character shards that I don't have since I never focused on them. I'm sure there are some late game players that have imp troopers tricked out that don't have some ls characters like wedge, baze, churitt, ect. I don't have baze and churitt since other things took priority and I focused my farming elsewhere. And I am currently farming churitt from the fleet store between zetas for chex mix but Baze isn't useful enough to hard farm with the other priorities. So getting him over the next year or two through the events work for some.

Just over 1.5 million.
    Here’s my account:

I didn’t have good RNG, my team was just hitting hard. I’m pretty sure I could do T1 again just fine. T2 is harder and I can’t use Embo. My exact team was Embo, Boba, Greedo, Cad and Bossk. Cad and Bossk died in the first round, but Embo, Greedo and Boba were just one shotting enemies left and right, constantly healing from the health steal, and counter attacking. Rounds 2 through 7 were a breeze, in the last one I lost Embo (he was squishy). I used the event special a bunch of times for each of them, really the event was not hard. As I said before, g8 on the first try.