Where do I go from here?

Every so often in this game I get overwhelmed and lost among all the squads I should farm and gear. Recently I “finished” my Sith squad (as far as I want to take them right now) and so I find myself to be uncertain where to focus next among all the different projects I have.
I am currently farming the new Solo toons and Bossk but it is gearing that is the real grind.

These are all toons/factions I want to do but where to focus first?
- Holdo I want her for my resistence team in TW and also TB
- Bossk I hesitate to gear up my old bounty hunters because I’m confident that I will use Bossk and later on Embo in my team eventually. I also want to gear up Bossk for his ship
- Rolo. Mainly for LSTB purposes.
- Imperial probe droid.
- Finish my Jedi team. I have already started on my Jedi but still have a lit of gear to put in to consider them to be done.
- Empire/troopers. Have them farmed but not geared
- Scoundrels. Probably not a priority right now but it is something that I want to do eventually.
- Save and hoard gear. An other option is hoarding gear to be ready for whatever new legendary toon that might come during the next few months.

For every of these options I can think of reasons why I should fo something else instead:/ Any advice for the lost and confused is appreciated.

My swgoh acct: https://swgoh.gg/u/stokat/collection/

Replies

• I would focus right now on your IPD and your whole Imperial Troopers faction, since they pretty much go hand-in-hand for your DS TB requirements (multiple nodes). They really do need work and your focus on gearing, but once you get them all up around G11 (probably G12 for Shoretrooper, you'll be all set with them and can check them off the box. Once they're done, you'll have a fantastic squad for DS TBs (even the phases that don't require them), and especially TWs. They also are useful in a couple different rotating Events (like today's Rebel Roundup).

I honestly think you'll get the most bang for your buck by just spending the next few weeks really working on getting them "done" (and you don't really have to go all the way to G12 for them to be "done" enough to do what you need for them to.

Once they're ready, then I'd focus on your one-offs, like Holdo. As far as ROLO, you probably don't need much more gear (if any) to complete the LS TB nodes that require her, since you can just rely on JTR, etc., to carry you through.

You could work on the Scoundrels Qi'ra lead team for TWs, but I definitely wouldn't prioritize their gearing over Imperial Troopers, especially since your Solo Movie Scoundrels need a lot of farming, first.
  • Imperial Troopers. They're great.

Jedi. Something is happening with them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    At your stage I would go all in on preparing for the upcoming legendary events and heroes journey(s). The rumors are that there will be 3 altogether. 1 event requiring toons from the Solo movie, another requiring the new bountyhunters and finally one requiring KOTOR toons. No, nothing is certain yet. It's all still rumors. The only official statement is that CG has some events planned for the next 7 months.

• Waqui wrote: »
    It's all still rumors.

Indeed.

• I would focus right now on your IPD and your whole Imperial Troopers faction, since they pretty much go hand-in-hand for your DS TB requirements (multiple nodes). They really do need work and your focus on gearing, but once you get them all up around G11 (probably G12 for Shoretrooper, you'll be all set with them and can check them off the box. Once they're done, you'll have a fantastic squad for DS TBs (even the phases that don't require them), and especially TWs. They also are useful in a couple different rotating Events (like today's Rebel Roundup).

I honestly think you'll get the most bang for your buck by just spending the next few weeks really working on getting them "done" (and you don't really have to go all the way to G12 for them to be "done" enough to do what you need for them to.

Once they're ready, then I'd focus on your one-offs, like Holdo. As far as ROLO, you probably don't need much more gear (if any) to complete the LS TB nodes that require her, since you can just rely on JTR, etc., to carry you through.

You could work on the Scoundrels Qi'ra lead team for TWs, but I definitely wouldn't prioritize their gearing over Imperial Troopers, especially since your Solo Movie Scoundrels need a lot of farming, first.

Good shout, I have had troopers as a side project for a very long time but there was always some other toon or squad that seemed more important so I never actually came around to gear them properly. Will probably go for zVeers, shore, zDT, Krennic and snow (because it seems like a fun team). Or do you reckon IPD should be there as well? If so I’ll probably remove snow (I really want to use Krennic;))
  • Waqui wrote: »
    At your stage I would go all in on preparing for the upcoming legendary events and heroes journey(s). The rumors are that there will be 3 altogether. 1 event requiring toons from the Solo movie, another requiring the new bountyhunters and finally one requiring KOTOR toons. No, nothing is certain yet. It's all still rumors. The only official statement is that CG has some events planned for the next 7 months.

Yeah I have heard the rumors, and it is part of why I’m hesitant to invest gear right now, but on the other hand I also suffer a complete lack of self control so I will probably only manage to save up for a while before going on a spending rampage;)
  • Work on your troopers. Great for sith raid as well all sections I run then in arena lol can get top 100
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Will probably go for zVeers, shore, zDT, Krennic and snow (because it seems like a fun team). Or do you reckon IPD should be there as well? If so I’ll probably remove snow (I really want to use Krennic;))

IPD is required, along with Veers and Starck +2 more Empire, in the final DS TB phase 6 special mission for loads of extra Guild Event Tokens for your whole guild, so you're going to want to work on him, too. Since you have to gear Starck for this final phase battle, my go-to Imperial Troopers team would be: zVeers, Starck, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, and Shoretrooper, and then just substitute IPD (dropping Deathtrooper) for that final battle. Don't plan on using Krennic at all.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Work on your troopers.

So much fun too. Absolute assault.