Mod Secondary speed

What is the nex max for speed secondary? Also was the frequency of secondary speed upgrade lowered?

Replies

• I think it’s 30. Starts at 5, then upgrades four times each adding 6 more speed, and slicing it to six dot will give 1 more speed.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    In reality there is 1/500 chance to get 30 speed secondary
  • In reality there is 1/500 chance to get 30 speed secondary

I’ve only played for 2 months and I already have 2 dozen
  • nQthing wrote: »

You must have the best RNG of all time. I farmed mods with one cantina refresh every day for 3-4 months, plus all cantina refreshes once a week and don't have any secondary speed of greater than +16. I have several dozen +30 arrows if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah, I'm calling hogwash on this.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 21* my bad - I am p2p an at lvl 77. I did buy the $15 pack that gave out a few.

They are taking about secondary, not PRIMARY stats.
  • 30+ speed stat fool
  • Thanks. I really feel the chance of a secondary Speed upgrade has been reduced. I need a Dev to answer on the main page. My hit rate is terrible lately
  • In theory it should be 31 now. Mods can start at 6 speed, but they are really rare. so 5*6 which is 30 being gold, 31 being 6*
    30+ speed stat fool

Haha
  • Highest is now 30 was 29, I have through slicing. Highest speed I have is a 28 I’ve seen a 29 once on a Vader but it’s very rare to see anything over 26
  • Regent wrote: »
    What is the nex max for speed secondary? Also was the frequency of secondary speed upgrade lowered?

Since 2.0 the chance of getting a speed secondary to increase has lowered
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    In theory it should be 31 now. Mods can start at 6 speed, but they are really rare. so 5*6 which is 30 being gold, 31 being 6*

I don't think that's true. Highest they can start is 5.
    nfj9z0d53ltm.png

In theory it should be 31 now. Mods can start at 6 speed, but they are really rare. so 5*6 which is 30 being gold, 31 being 6*

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

this is probably old grey mod that upgraded 3+3. After mods 2.0 all old grey mods on 15 lvl became from gold back to grey and shows (1). So u r lucky u can upgrade it 4 more times and hopefully get more speed on it
    30+ speed stat fool

There is no chance you have several +30 speed stat secondary mods......
  • Mods have always been able to start at 6. It's just a unicorn. Hardly anyone has ever seen is. As for highest speed achievable, it's 6+6+6+6+6+1=31, 1 less than before.

30+ speed stat fool

Your best secondary speed is 12, and you’ve only got one of those.

mp29m4nyk2mv.png

• He’ll, @nQthing , you’ve only got one 30 Speed Primary.

78drvqyrxsvc.png
  • 42v6s46xmdhr.gif

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

That started at +0 speed and rolled a +6. Still not proof that a mod can start higher than +5.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

That started at +0 speed and rolled a +6. Still not proof that a mod can start higher than +5.

I'm pretty sure I have had a couple plus 6 speed secondary mods..... In fact, I recall getting one and being bummed after the speed didn't roll.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

I'm pretty sure I have had a couple plus 6 speed secondary mods..... In fact, I recall getting one and being bummed after the speed didn't roll.....

I'm not saying they don't exist. I have no idea if they do or not. Just saying that the image doesn't prove they exist.
  • exsul wrote: »

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

this is probably old grey mod that upgraded 3+3. After mods 2.0 all old grey mods on 15 lvl became from gold back to grey and shows (1). So u r lucky u can upgrade it 4 more times and hopefully get more speed on it

It did not roll 3+3, grey mods don't roll that way and it would show as (2) instead of 1. As far as I'm aware each starting stat counts as a roll, so the maximum starting stat is 6 as the max roll is a 6.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Bauer wrote: »
    Regent wrote: »

Since 2.0 the chance of getting a speed secondary to increase has lowered

This needs a bit more explanation.

The chance of an individual mod with 4 secondaries rolling speed on an upgrade has not been lowered. There is still an equal chance for each secondary.

However, there is now a lower chance of getting a high speed mod, ie rolling speed multiple times. This is because under the old system existing secondaries would increase before new ones were revealed. Thus a blue mod had a 50% chance of rolling speed at level 3 and level 6 before revealing the two new secondaries at 9 and 12. Now the situation's been reversed. That same mod will reveal a new secondary at 3 and 6, then each secondary has a 25% chance to roll at 9 and 12. Thus rather than a 0.5x0.5 = 0.25 (1 in 4) chance of getting 2 speed rolls, you have a 0.25x0.25 = 0.125 (1 in 8) chance.

It's worth bearing in mind that overall the odds of a player getting mods with high speeds probably hasn't changed much, because now mods which reveal speed when levelled have the same chance of rolling it again. This means everyone will have a wider pool of mods with the potential for speed, but the odds of rolling a good speed for each of those mods are significantly worse.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

It did not roll 3+3, grey mods don't roll that way and it would show as (2) instead of 1. As far as I'm aware each starting stat counts as a roll, so the maximum starting stat is 6 as the max roll is a 6.

Looks like u don't get it. If u had a grey mod before "mods 2.0 client update" and upgraded him to lvl 15 u obtained a gold mod with all the cool stats and after "mods 2.0 client update" this mod will become GREY again and will show u the same cool stats but with (1) that means that u can upgrade it again and again. Now clear?
    exsul wrote: »

nfj9z0d53ltm.png

Looks like u don't get it. If u had a grey mod before "mods 2.0 client update" and upgraded him to lvl 15 u obtained a gold mod with all the cool stats and after "mods 2.0 client update" this mod will become GREY again and will show u the same cool stats but with (1) that means that u can upgrade it again and again. Now clear?

Looks like you are not getting the point , A grey mod turned gold, yes we know, the stats do not change with a PRE update grey, or a POST update grey, both versions still roll four secondary stats as they level up. There is no difference, EXCEPT , now you can slice a grey mod and attempt to increase desired secondaries.
  • Oh ye i forgot about that this is grey and u have no basic on it and by lvling up it u will get only 4 basic upgrades, but which is probably can be +6 if u r lucky so yeah.
  • He’ll, @nQthing , you’ve only got one 30 Speed Primary.

78drvqyrxsvc.png

Owned. @nQthing
This discussion has been closed.