TB/TW overlapped

Prev1
Jack92
179 posts Member
edited September 2018
it seems to me that this time these two events overlap each other.

TB seems to start one hour before the end of TW.

I remember that the last time it happened there were problems with the rewards.

And in order to organize any guild passages, I wanted to know if there will be a break between these two events.

Is there any official news ?
Post edited by Jack92 on

Replies

• Yeah when TWs launched they overlapped like this. It did break rewards for some players.
    Haven't heard anything on it though.
    Just figured we'd have to deal with it after it happens.
  • This is terrible. My guild is down a couple people, but we can't recruit unless its players willing to give up either the TW or TB rewards...

@CG_TopHat can we get the start time for the TB pushed back a few hours for player movement?
  • If i'm reading the calendar correct i dont think there a break in the guild events (except maybe an hour or 2) until 20th........
    Can someone confirm this is going to be the case?

Rebel Assault:
    Starts: September 4th
    Ends: September 9th
    So that actually runs until 10th and not 9th
    War 2
    September 9th
    thats preview - so no gap between tb and tw - attack finishes on 12th
    Imperial Retaliation:
    Starts: September 12th
    Ends: September 17th
    that acutally ends 18th
    War 3
    September 17th
    so that runs until 20th
  • The preview time is a bit of a gap to move players
  • No as preview is on 9th. Tb finishes on 10th (phase 6 will run 9-10th).
    Attack phase finishes on 12th and tb starts on 12th.
    Tb finishes on 18th and preview starts 17th for tw.

So maybe an hour or 2 at most if lucky to move but not a whole day anywhere.
  • This is utterly terrible we've had 2 players from our sister guilds come over to us to help us with HSITH ,they ended up staying for TW but they did not account for staying for TB and now they want to stay and not loose rewards (we can't say no) thing is ,we have 2 players awaiting pending invitation that we told to come back to us when we finish HSITH (which we did) but now we found out that TW>TB overlap each other and we have no place for these 2 players and the 2 temporary players that are with us cannot return to their guilds without loosing rewards.

And really,remember last time you overlapped TW with TB?you destroyed rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    They posted the calendar early enough to make arrangements, unfortunately this doesnt work out for everyone.

The events do overlap and this will lock people up for both events, but it is what we have this month.

I believe last time the rewards issue was when one started and one ended at the same time. This was why they have them overlap.
  • My guild just put forth zero effort in TW and I want out. Not trying is a deal breaker and I'm stuck. Really really disappointing.
  • My guild just put forth zero effort in TW and I want out. Not trying is a deal breaker and I'm stuck. Really really disappointing.

Only stuck for a week. At the end of TB you will have at least 22 hours to move somewhere.
  • I'm not usually one for Schadenfreude, but the thought of all those big guilds sending a few members off on holiday for TW who now can't rejoin with their rewards intact is like a big bowl of happiness!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They posted the calendar early enough to make arrangements, unfortunately this doesnt work out for everyone.

The events do overlap and this will lock people up for both events, but it is what we have this month.

I believe last time the rewards issue was when one started and one ended at the same time. This was why they have them overlap.

Early enough?You must be joking.

Stop licking their boots
  • We have this month one more LSTB, cause the last one was cancelled.
    Might be, that they did not looked well enough in the timing between TW and TB. Or that it has to be compressed in time, cause otherwise it do not fit in the weeks.
  • I'm not usually one for Schadenfreude, but the thought of all those big guilds sending a few members off on holiday for TW who now can't rejoin with their rewards intact is like a big bowl of happiness!

They don't "send them off on holiday".... They make a rotation and they simply tell them not to join.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Schadenfreude, but the thought of all those big guilds sending a few members off on holiday for TW who now can't rejoin with their rewards intact is like a big bowl of happiness!

They don't "send them off on holiday".... They make a rotation and they simply tell them not to join.....

This isn't true in any of the alliances I've been in (3 good sized ones with guilds between 80M and 170M GP). Typically guilds keep 2-3 ticket generating alts on the roster to allow flexibility within the alliance. This leads to having less than 50 for nearly every TW I've been in and nobody is told not to join.

This has been the way these guilds and alliances have worked since before TW. I can't speak to the effects on TW since I've not looked critically at the matchups (which have been pretty even for the most part with a small string of mismatches recently) but I can say that in my experience nobody is in any rotation or told to sit out.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Schadenfreude, but the thought of all those big guilds sending a few members off on holiday for TW who now can't rejoin with their rewards intact is like a big bowl of happiness!

This isn't true in any of the alliances I've been in (3 good sized ones with guilds between 80M and 170M GP). Typically guilds keep 2-3 ticket generating alts on the roster to allow flexibility within the alliance. This leads to having less than 50 for nearly every TW I've been in and nobody is told not to join.

This has been the way these guilds and alliances have worked since before TW. I can't speak to the effects on TW since I've not looked critically at the matchups (which have been pretty even for the most part with a small string of mismatches recently) but I can say that in my experience nobody is in any rotation or told to sit out.

That may be the way your alliance works, but that doesn't speak for all of them..... Each of the last 7 TW, we have been paired with guilds 40 mil plus GP higher than us fielding 36 - 40 players when we field 50...... Some of these guilds have had 5-10 players with 3.5 plus mil GP...... We have none that high..... One guy with 3.5 carries way more weight than two with 1.75.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

That may be the way your alliance works, but that doesn't speak for all of them..... Each of the last 7 TW, we have been paired with guilds 40 mil plus GP higher than us fielding 36 - 40 players when we field 50...... Some of these guilds have had 5-10 players with 3.5 plus mil GP...... We have none that high..... One guy with 3.5 carries way more weight than two with 1.75.....

Your first statement is absolutely correct. I don't intend to speak for all. Just thought I'd share since I've had experience in a few alliances and that experience contradicted the popular sentiment that folks are told to sit out.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Yup we just fought Die Piraten... we registered 49 ppl.... We were like 33-7 or something... their algorithm decided 5 wins in a row was enough so they matched us with a 100% impossible matchup....Fair is fair...when they decide it's time to lose YOU LOSE
    Post edited by Dk_rek on
  • Based on the current schedules, it looks like TBs and TWs will likely overlap until 9/20.

Is anyone else's guild frustrated by the reduced recruiting available due to this?
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Based on the current schedules, it looks like TBs and TWs will likely overlap until 9/20.

Is anyone else's guild frustrated by the reduced recruiting available due to this?

Do your recruiting now, and plan the move for Sunday. There will be at least 22 hours to get people moved around.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Based on the current schedules, it looks like TBs and TWs will likely overlap until 9/20.

Do your recruiting now, and plan the move for Sunday. There will be at least 22 hours to get people moved around.

Phase 6 will still be running on Sunday into Monday, then it's a TW.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

Phase 6 will still be running on Sunday into Monday, then it's a TW.

Ah, so it does, my bad. I had just gone off the calendar without checking in-game. It says it ends on the 9th, but really p6 starts on the 9th and it ends on the 10th.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yeah they did post the calendar with plenty of time to plan ahead but the calendar is wrong. So know people are screwed because it goes LSTB into TW into DSTB into TW with no break to leave a guild and move to a new one without missing one of the events. So the guild will suffer. Players will suffer. If you would have told us in advance that you are stuck in your guild from September 4th to September 20th. Putting the incorrect dates for when the TB's end isn't the players fault.

@CG_SBCrumb when these changes happen in the future might want to double check the dates.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

In case you missed it the September Event calendar you put out included incorrect ending dates for all 3 Territory Battles. This means from September 4th to September 20th if you wanted to switch guilds for any reason you will miss out on one event costing you rewards and possibly the guild rewards. I could be mistaken as to when TW ends and TB starts so there may be a single hour to leave and join on the 12th. But only if you are lucky to be free/awake and the guild you want to go to have someone to let you in. So thanks for that.
  • Life is really tough !!
  • 10 000 000 000 times infinity better than loosing a tb. So yep, thanks for that.
  • You should not guild hop anyway.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    You should not guild hop anyway.

Why not? Great to help out a guild doing their first few hsith.

5 top players can drag a lower guild across the line
  • VonZant wrote: »
    You should not guild hop anyway.

Plus there's all the Alliances out there that move members around.
  • there's absolutely nothing wrong with guild hopping. some guilds seem to fit your needs initially, then you quickly realize there 10 Mol Elizas, no chatting, no real raid schedule, etc. on to the next...
  • UNDE4DLY wrote: »
    there's absolutely nothing wrong with guild hopping. some guilds seem to fit your needs initially, then you quickly realize there 10 Mol Elizas, no chatting, no real raid schedule, etc. on to the next...
    This! It can be a massive issue if you jumped and found a bad home for yourself, sometimes the only solution is to hop till your happy!