TW mismatch 41M GP difference

Giodude2000
240 posts Member
edited September 2018
I know there are a few of these threads out there and this isn't the worst example. I would like to think that if enough of these matching shenanigans are posted on the forums it will eventually force CG to do something about it. So let's flood the forum with every mismatch example.

It's either incompetence or malevolence. Which is it CG?

Replies

• I brought up this issue a few times, but don't know if anything is being looked into to make changes. Not much you can do, collect your rewards for 2nd place and hope for something better next time. That is what we do. Submitting tickets to support just get closed.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It’s not benefiting you so they won’t fix it.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I know there are a few of these threads out there and this isn't the worst example. I would like to think that if enough of these matching shenanigans are posted on the forums it will eventually force CG to do something about it. So let's flood the forum with every mismatch example.

It's either incompetence or malevolence. Which is it CG?

It's supposed to match active gp, so they had people sit out of war to match with you, or vice versa. Same happened with my guild nearly every war so far. This time we're at 130, opponent is 160. I don't have too much of an issue with matching active gp, but it presents its own set of problems.
    Best example, my lowest guy in the war has 1.2 mil gp. The enemy lowest is 2.5 or so. The depth of rosters is the biggest difference, and is a huge factor in who will win.
    Think this should be fixed, to prevent "going low" to demolish lower gp guilds.
  • I came here to create a post, but I may as well add my, and my guild's, voice to this thread. Matchmaking is horrendously and consistently unfair to us. We regularly get matched with guilds that just completely outclass us, and it's very difficult for me anymore to motivate my members to keep at it. This last one is probably the worst, with the opposing guild just rolling right through us. How can this possibly be working as intended? GP has always been highly suspect in its functionality, through all their iterations of it. Throw it out & start over.

On the bright side, TW makes the Sith Raid look slightly fun in comparison...
  • Thanks for the responses guys. GP stripping is a real issue. In my view more emphasis needs to be given to total guild GP, not just registered GP for that particular TW. This would give a disincentive to not registering ticket alts or rotating TW rosters and force guilds to boot players prior to TWs if they want to engage in the GP stripping shenanigans which may impact on raids, ticket generation, donations etc. At the moment GP stripping guilds can have their cake and eat it too. At least this would force them to think about it.
  • It happened again, another match up with a guild with 40M more gp. You guys really don't know what you are doing
  • Lol same, but this time they had traya teams all in the first sector. Funny enough, they were the first to fall. I wiped one with Phoenix. Very proud moment
  • The Guild matching process in SWGOH Territory War is not working well. In the current war my Guild was “matched” to a Guild about 50% stronger in GP than we are... this is obviously not a fair match. We have around 100M GP and they have 150M.
    They have obviously crushed us really fast. It is hard to keep players engaged wihen this type of issue arises. We have 46 out of 47 players in this TW so, active GP is vry close tototal GP.
  • The Guild matching process in SWGOH Territory War is not working well. In the current war my Guild was “matched” to a Guild about 50% stronger in GP than we are... this is obviously not a fair match. We have around 100M GP and they have 150M.
    They have obviously crushed us really fast. It is hard to keep players engaged wihen this type of issue arises. We have 46 out of 47 players in this TW so, active GP is vry close tototal GP.

That's my biggest issue with this system! You went almost all in, they likely had a bunch of ppl sit out, but due to the massive level difference, you're going to get wrecked. They should focus actual gp first, ignore active gp completely. Then, If ppl don't enter, they're a liability, not a means to exploit the system. @Kyno
  • And again, matched to a whale guild with 40M more gp than us. It is getting beyond a joke. Whoever came up with this rubbish can go make love in another place.
  • We have 47 members and 136m Active in the war. The other Guild has 159m with 49 members, without the best four Players it's about 147m. So they are in thr wrong area
    (It must be: we 120-139.9 and they 140-159 9) the last two months always the same...
    It's not funny anymore
  • reward brackets got no influence on the matchmaking process. Was stated in the forums by the devs