Anyone else have this issue

Rhunne
624 posts Member
edited September 2018
Constantly like clockwork I am having to boot people from the guild do to them "sabotaging" the TW.

How might you ask? Well they sign up and do very very little or nothing at all. The last three tws we have lost due to us running out of gas with members not contributing.

We are a guild that is typically 114m to 125m. I don't ask for much in terms of TW contributions if you sign up, minimum 100 banners, that's it.. A smart person would think "geese I don't have that strong of offense maybe I should play defense" or vice versa but no.

This last TW I had to boot 5 people. We should have won it but we ran out of gas and these 5 where we'll under 100 (2 with zero)

Anyways my question to you GMs out there, do you have this problem.? How do you deal. With members that don't contribute at all to the guild with events and raids.

Replies

• Where are you recruiting your new members from? If you're allowing open enrollment of randos in game, then you have a greater chance of catching a player who was booted from one guild for lack of participation and just happened across yours. Closing admissions and recruiting on reddit or the forums may help you bring in a caliber of player that matches with your expectations.

Do you use outside communication or in game communication? Have you tried to personally speak to the people who underperform or do you immediately boot? I've found that communication of expectations and giving members a chance to improve is far easier than booting and hoping that the next recruit is better.
  • SydneyCarton
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Sounds like poor leadership to me. A good leader leads, and can rally his guild to any challenge. I learned this from a very wise member of a guild called ODB. His name was Beverly Sourcrotch. You, sir, are no Beverly.
  • Sounds like poor leadership to me. A good leader leads, and can rally his guild to any challenge.

That’s not necessarily true. Some people can’t be bothered no matter how much you try to rally them.

The thing I don’t like is that you can’t see if members have actually tried any attacks. We had a guild member post 0 banners on attacks but he told us he went 0-6 on attacks. Can’t really boot him for trying.
  • A good leader would keep someone from going 0-6 on attacks imo. RNG happens, but after 6 times that person needs to better understand how to pick a match and the leader should step in.
  • To the op... good on you for holding folks accountable. otherwise you'll lose your good players

It's okay to decline recruits if you dont think they'll meet expectations.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Sounds like poor leadership to me. A good leader leads, and can rally his guild to any challenge.

That’s not necessarily true. Some people can’t be bothered no matter how much you try to rally them.

The thing I don’t like is that you can’t see if members have actually tried any attacks. We had a guild member post 0 banners on attacks but he told us he went 0-6 on attacks. Can’t really boot him for trying.
    Some guilds put the “prohibit activity” on each zone so they can track attacks through “rogue actions”