Sith raid, not even remotely enjoyable.

I'd like to hear thoughts of players on the Sith raid *Hopefully we can keep away the ignorant forum trolls*
First off we have had so many issues with it from rewards to poor mechanics on the AI side, to bounty hunters marks not working properly and a slew of other things. EA just seems to only fix what benefits them and leaves the rest as a giant middle finger to the players till they get around to it when enough people complain. I mean the acolyte bug was fixed in mere hours where as other bugs and problems are still here and hindering players and making our time and investments basically voided and makes it even less enjoyable then it already is.

Well here is my take,
Does anyone else honestly even enjoy this raid. I mean I know lots of people who don't even enjoy this raid at all and honestly don't do it because of how bad it is. The raid is not fun, it's not entertaining it feels way more like a ridiculous chore that takes copious amounts of time. The mechanics during the raid don't add any level of enjoyably fun stuff. It is just a massive **** poor DPS grind. There is nothing about it that makes you want to do it other then Traya and that is basically end game guilds with 45+ members all sitting around 1.5 and up galactic power and multiple teams with zeta's. I know of around a few hundred people that I've spoken to on discord servers, Battle-net, League, random comic book and gaming stores all despise it. So I thought I'd ask the community here to see if my complaints and gripes are some of the same.

Replies

• jhbuchholz wrote: »

Beat me to it! To the OP there's like 56 pages of reading for you there lol.
  • Like any of the raids, it does get a but better once your guild starts to get the hang of it. We're not to heroic yet but we did get through p2 of heroic on our last attempt.

Between heroic attempts we do t5 usually and it only takes about a day or so to kill it. So it's five or ten runs that actually go pretty quick. Nothing like the 24 hrs a day running of it to keep from being ticket limited.

So in short as you and your guild progress, it gets easier. I used to think haat was just and impossible grind too but now I solo half of it with one team. Str is the same way. Eventually it gets easier and then the grind ends.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Beat me to it! To the OP there's like 56 pages of reading for you there lol.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I just joined the forum's like yesterday, I was going to read them but i hadn't the time so i made my own post in hopes of it being easier to navigate to and then when i get time read others. I sit at 3 million GP myself and even with the ease of that I still find it very lack luster, annoying, and just not even fun. HAAT and Rancor atleast I can find some fun in I feel like this one there is none of that. I haven't enjoyed it at all.
  • Really none of the raids are “enjoyable” anymore. Rancor..nothing enjoyable about hitting auto. Same as HAAT. Nothing enjoyable about it. If you are new player then yes, the raids could be enjoyable but I’ve been playing since Feb 2016. There is zero joy for me in raids anymore.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think P2 is awesome. I hate P1 and the randomness, but it sounds like maybe they are fixing it?

P3 is just dumb now that all of the good “normal” teams were thrown out with STHan bathwater since on damage effects aren’t triggered. It would have been fun without that. Now I have fun with NS but everything else is brutal. P4 would be fine if Nihilus was fixed. The same thing that ruins P1 ruins P4. Just my opinions.
  • I think P2 is awesome. I hate P1 and the randomness, but it sounds like maybe they are fixing it?

P3 is just dumb now that all of the good “normal” teams were thrown out with STHan bathwater since on damage effects aren’t triggered. It would have been fun without that. Now I have fun with NS but everything else is brutal. P4 would be fine if Nihilus was fixed. The same thing that ruins P1 ruins P4. Just my opinions.

They are fixing nihilas to be more predictable on when he anhilates. Most likely just going to be something like making him only annihilate on the first move of a turn. That should make p1 and p4 easier and less rng dependent when they finally roll that out.

P3 has a bh team tgat is good so when aura sing is farmable, that phase will get better.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Terrible ... enough said
  • I keep finding that Bounty hunters marks are landing on Traya in Phase 4 when she it not suppose to be a valid target for anything. So I find the bounty hunters I invest into for the raid are worthless/broken until this is fixed. I've called in and complained with screen shots of this happening and even a video of it and nothing has been done to fix it yet when we had critolyte that was remedied in hours.
  • My old guild was killed with this raid. The strongest members went Traya hunting to other guilds, then we kind of hanged on for a month. Then lots of other members simply stopped playing the game and then the next best players started leaving. A few days later our guild leader stopped playing altogether. So yeah. I've seen lots of players leaving the game because of this raid.
  • DarthKatk wrote: »
    My old guild was killed with this raid. The strongest members went Traya hunting to other guilds, then we kind of hanged on for a month. Then lots of other members simply stopped playing the game and then the next best players started leaving. A few days later our guild leader stopped playing altogether. So yeah. I've seen lots of players leaving the game because of this raid.

Bummer to hear man. But guilds have to reorganize sometimes. It's no different than any other guild activites. If you have 10 super driven people at the top and several at the bottom that don't care the guild is going to suffer and eventually those at the top will move on.

The same is true for tw and tb. It isn't just the raid.

Only thing I can say is that there are other guilds. Find one that fits your play style. I'm sure there are some out there that just ignore the raid even. I don't suggest that but better that 50 people that hate the raid ban together than to disperse into guilds that are trying to beat the raid.

If you or any of your former guildmates are looking for a home, BlackSunSavages currently has some openings for active players over 2 mil gp that have at least one team to contribute towards hstr. We made it most of the way through p3 last time so we are close to going heroic.

We also do periodically weed out inactive players and underperforming players for the good of the guild. It can seem harsh but is necessary. You either lose from the bottom by booting underperforming players or you lose at the top like what happened in your guild. People can only pull a guild so long.
  • I enjoy fighting Sion, all the other phases I put in auto and don't care about the result. Plus the rewards are lacking. I love the tank and rancor though. I'd love to see another raid maybe a Jedi type raid or something else.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Revan killed the raid for me. No point in trying anymore when all my runs put together do barely more than a single Revan team in phase 2.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Revan killed the raid for me. No point in trying anymore when all my runs put together do barely more than a single Revan team in phase 2.

This is annoying but once I get revan i'll be back on top woo

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    There is nothing wrong with it. I just think its too big a jump from HAAT. should have been something like 3x the difficulty of haat. Id say sith is much more than that

In 3 months 60MGP guilds will be beating HSTR..... power creep will eventually make raid enjoyable for all heh..

well not fun because of the tenacity stuff...but enjoyable in that your collecting rewards