Oh My The Traya Meta Is Painful

cannonfodder_iv
992 posts Member
edited September 2018
5 Minutes later - four dead toons, three by way of Annihilate. Bravo. Bravo. Thanks for turning arena into something as fun as watching paint dry.

No better way to bleed the enjoyment out of this game than watching G12.3 toons hit for 900 points thanks to your "Defensive Mod Improvements" in conjunction with your ridiculous raid reward character.

Horrid experience.
Post edited by cannonfodder_iv on

Replies

• Yeah same thing happened to me today. My bastila team runs through everyone i attack on my shard. Faced a traya team with sit and couldn't even get through his protection.
  • It really is awful. It’s all about speeding Nihilus through annihilate.
  • I kind of like it. And I don't even have Traya unlocked. The Traya teams act like a wall once I get into the top 20 and protect my brave little Rex squad as I climb.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I kind of like it. And I don't even have Traya unlocked. The Traya teams act like a wall once I get into the top 20 and protect my brave little Rex squad as I climb.

Consider me shocked you would disagree with me ;-)
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I kind of like it. And I don't even have Traya unlocked. The Traya teams act like a wall once I get into the top 20 and protect my brave little Rex squad as I climb.

Consider me shocked you would disagree with me ;-)

Oh. It's you! :D
  • Oh, a raid reward being difficult to beat?! How outrageous!
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Saaame! XDD
  • Yeah same thing happened to me today. My bastila team runs through everyone i attack on my shard. Faced a traya team with sit and couldn't even get through his protection.

You're playing it wrong then. What's your team comp?

This makes me happy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I don't like the Traya meta, because it's boooring :sleeping: Every single team is the same. This may be the worst meta, in terms of diversity, we've ever had.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah same thing happened to me today. My bastila team runs through everyone i attack on my shard. Faced a traya team with sit and couldn't even get through his protection.

You're playing it wrong then. What's your team comp?

Zbastila l g12, zgmy g12, zezra g12, gk g12 and 6* g10 zhoda
  • I’m always happy to hear that Traya lead is giving Bullshita teams the fits. I’d rather lose to EP teams with Traya lead and prolong the Sith meta than let more Bullshita teams up the leaderboard. All hail our Lord Darth Nihilus.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I’m always happy to hear that Traya lead is giving Bullshita teams the fits. I’d rather lose to EP teams with Traya lead and prolong the Sith meta than let more Bullshita teams up the leaderboard. All hail our Lord Darth Nihilus.

Jedi aren't nearly as bad as the nightsister zombie/acolyte **** from about a year ago.
  • Love the Traya meta! Hate seeing 3 star Bastila. Glad you struggle.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I’m always happy to hear that Traya lead is giving Bullshita teams the fits. I’d rather lose to EP teams with Traya lead and prolong the Sith meta than let more Bullshita teams up the leaderboard. All hail our Lord Darth Nihilus.

This attitude is the quintessence of everything that is wrong with squad arena.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My shard has only one Traya lead so far, so I have yet to face her. But I was wondering: If you make him fast enough, would using Thrawn to fracture Traya help?
  • The more important question is: What would happen if two enemy Trayas isolated each other?
  • Tryxa wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

You think a marquee toon should be as good as the hardest unlock in the game? Get out of here and earn her like the rest of us have

You think a marquee toon should be as good as the hardest unlock in the game? Get out of here and earn her like the rest of us have

Meh, takes longer to unlock a single hard node farm than it does to unlock Traya if you're in the right guild and following on the coat tails of others.

That said, I agree that a single zeta on a free toon shouldn't be enough to dethrone Traya.

HOWEVER, there needs to be some balance. Give us an equally challenging light side character to counter her. Dark side has had a nice six month run in mature arena shards (between Traya and the gift that was zEP). Let's bring some balance.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Bastila>Palp>Traya>Bastila>Palp>Traya>Bastila>Palp>Traya>Bastila>Palp>Traya>Bastila>Palp>Traya> and so on
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I don't like the Traya meta, because it's boooring :sleeping: Every single team is the same. This may be the worst meta, in terms of diversity, we've ever had.

Every established meta is boring. It happened first with the OP Barriss, and later with Droids/Poe, then with Dooku/RG/Rey, and with Danger Zone, and with Shoretrooper, and with Chaze, and with CLS Rebels, and on and on. This one is no different.
    Corruptor wrote: »
    Definitely does. My shArds thrawn’s averages 300 speed and enfy at 317. Also when I ran bastila for a short while, I also used thrawn and nihilus. This was before the mod update.

That's too fast. Nest will just aoe daze (which does almost nothing to a Traya team), Thrawn will tm swap to Traya, who will then Isolate SiT. Easy win for the slower team on offense.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I don't like the Traya meta, because it's boooring :sleeping: Every single team is the same. This may be the worst meta, in terms of diversity, we've ever had.

Every established meta is boring. It happened first with the OP Barriss, and later with Droids/Poe, then with Dooku/RG/Rey, and with Danger Zone, and with Shoretrooper, and with Chaze, and with CLS Rebels, and on and on. This one is no different.
    Yeah, but I've always been able to compete with a wide variety of teams throughout those meta's. This is the worst it's ever been, in terms of diversity, at least in my shard, which is usually a pretty good indicator.
  • I have a 6* g11 Traya plus all the fixin's and don't run a Sith squad because I think it's lame that everyone has to run the same team to compete. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Yeah, but I've always been able to compete with a wide variety of teams throughout those meta's. This is the worst it's ever been, in terms of diversity, at least in my shard, which is usually a pretty good indicator.

We have all kinds of teams beating Traya teams. Bastila, Rex, RJT, heck there was even a CLS in the top 10 the other day.

In other words, I'm right. Glad we agree that there should be multiple ways to be competitive in arena. (Although I'm encouraged by others who report success against Tritea.)