More Ship Arena Annoyance!

Let me ask you ...

HOW ... HOW do you have a starting team, HIGHER than the opponents, and they destroy TWO ships before you get your first target lock? BUT WAIT ... opponents ALWAYS get target lock. This is especially annoying when your starting line up ALL can target lock. This is some messed up mechanics. Even more annoying is if you have Vader in your starting lineup, they ALWAYS attack him first. No randomness at all, they ALWAYS attack him first. I understand RNG plays a huge role, but RNG seems to always be in favor of opponent.

Replies

• Options
    No.....
  • Options
    I run Vader as a reinforcement.

Biggs, reaper and tie as starting ships.

Reaper dies every single battle unless I land a target lock, or the gauntlet Starfighter did when I ran that instead.

It's not random
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately, it is 99% RNG. The remaining 1% is some shameful mess they did to cover the fact that the AI is intelligent like a bent spoon. They probably did something to buff enemies, and people are complaining since the day the update was released, but it looks like they got deaf about that somehow.

Now let's get to some suggestions: running the same team as 90% of the players surely doesn't help. That lineup is original and surprising like CG/EA putting up another paywall. Just vary. Find another lineup. Farm geos, farm bistan's U-Wing, farm Plo Koon. You can give them all the zetas and the gear you want: if all the teams are the same, there will always be a bigger fish. And if you run the same team 90% of your opponents run with this "opponent buff"... Well, you can do the math on your own.

I farmed geos and put them under g12 ackbar. You know what? Vader-Tie-Biggs chimaera teams are the easiest to beat now. I can easily beat in less than 1 minute teams that have 100k+ power more than mine and at least 4 more zetas. You don't need zetas for this team and it makes the fact that everyone is running the same lineup a huge advantage.
  • Options
    I posted the big but got no replies. I just played a round where I reinforced with Fett (G12, 7 star, fully kitted) and the enemy vader + TIE took him out in two shots. My Fett is just about as powerful as he can be without a zeta, but two shots. Ships is not really playable now.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    It seems since the Ships 2.0 update was released the enemy AI is bugged... or buffed, as the majority of players are reporting similar problems!

AI buffs are no longer needed in 3v3 RNG takes care of that... They need to remove this outdated OP buff to AI ASAP 2.0 is horrible...I can't believe I was on board when they released it...
  • Options
    To be more helpful, I’d have to know exactly the stats of your ships and theirs, but it sounds like you’re suffering from a streak of poor RNG. A reason Biggs/Vader/TFP is so common is that while the AI’s tactics rely on RNG (which seems to favor AI), the only RNG for you is who wins the coin flip for 1st turn for Vader. Example (worst case scenario):
    Turn 1: TFP. Enemy target locks your Vader. Your TFP attacks Vader with special to gain foresight.
    Turn 2: Enemy Vader wins coin toss, removes all your vader’s Turn meter.
    Turn 3: Enemy Biggs wins coin toss, double shots your Vader to kill.
    I’m assuming that’s what’s happening, which is simply bad luck on a mirror match. Try a second time, and you’ll probably win handily. If, however, your starting lineup is in fact faster than your opponent’s, your Vader will always go first. Target lock their Biggs, then double-shot him with your Biggs after their Vader target locks your Biggs. You reinforce first, which should be scimitar cloaking everyone but Biggs, then when they reinforce that’s another target lock to feed Biggs. Nuke their Biggs, then shoot tie with Vader only and everyone else kill Vader. Should be easy if you really do have a speed advantage.