Unpopular opinion on mods 2.0

I actually really, really like this system. I know many will disagree, hence the title, but I love finally having mod energy (I’m more of a collector than competitor, so having to use cantina instead killed me internally), and the slicing salvage isn’t a super grind or bottleneck yet. The mk 2 pulse modulater will take time to obtain enough, but I’m guessing that’s the point since it boosts a mod to six dots. The best stuff isn’t supposed to come easy or else it feels cheap. This is a typical experience in any area. I feel awarded by finishing a grind, just so long as it’s not as bad as the golden eye grind. Anyway, thanks devs for mods 2.0. You’ve got at least one big fan here.

Replies

• I really like it too. The only thing I don't like is the reduced probability of upgrading a desired secondary stat on a green/blue/purple mod.

The improved ability to filter/sort mods and mod loadouts are such a huge quality of life improvement for me!
  • I love it also. They should have had this all along I think it's awesome
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I do like it..I'm not happy about being in the - crystals again every day...but that's the way she rolls boys the way of the road
  • IS that the unpopular opinion? I'm loving mods 2.0 so far.
  • How is that an unpopular opinion? I've heard very few people say they don't like it overall.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    This was an unpopular opinion post? I came in expecting hate, hows like for it unpopular? The only thing people got against it is the G12 requirement for six dots, literally everything else is awesome
  • I understand the frustrations with your probability for rolling a desired secondary (speed), but this new system helps more mods than it hurts, in my opinion
  • This was the ideal way for them to roll out some type of mod progression, you can now make all of your mods better. I’m a huge fan of slicing, love the new set bonuses as well.

My only complaint is the bloody $65 pack. That’s gouge-y.
  • Is what it is...not much point having an issue with it if you want to play the game.

I'm fine with it...another dimension to the game I don't quite understand lol!

• I like being able to move whole sets of mods from one toon to another. And slicing is a good improvement, too. Why is that impopular?
  • I don't like the added time sink and fear eventually this will be another paywall. Having an ingame .gg is priceless though.. have to give hats off for that!
  • I’m happy to see there’s a lot of us on this side of the thing! Mods 2.0 is a blast!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Is what it is...not much point having an issue with it if you want to play the game.

I'm fine with it...another dimension to the game I don't quite understand lol!

Am I remembering wrong or were you not a moderator before?

Anyway, I love that I was just able to do the Thrawn Mythic event by just simply tapping to swap loadouts. Its just so convenient. Its like, before I wouldn't have bothered but now since its so easy to do, just a quick mod swap and everything is possible.

Wish I started playing the game like now so I never had to experience what mods were like before :D
  • princecasals
    73 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I love it. But please give me more daily crystals!
  • It's not unpopular, I love it, it adds depth and getting that first 6 dot was really satisfying.
  • all in all a nice change. that will even further the advantage whales have, and lock you out of gear from guild tokens for a year. im not convinced :p wouldnt really 6 dot a mod unless it had atleast close to 20 speed except arrows maybe. but again all this slicing, it locks you out of mod farming also. 50x refreshes seems nice tho. i will say some change is good others, not so good. but what can u expect when a game is balanced around money.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Am I remembering wrong or were you not a moderator before?

Correct, I was :smile:
  • Mods are purely voluntary. Who would volunteer to put up with this place for more than a couple months?
  • I like pretty much everything about mods 2.0. Slicing isn’t that big of a deal just yet, and you can use mod energy to farm salvage. Additionally, the new load outs thing and the advanced sorting and what not make things way easier. The only complaint I have is the color changes. It makes it harder to tell which mods are level 15, but aside from that I’m very happy with the new system
  • Mods 2.0 is not a problem at all. I like it too. Now Ships 2.0 on the other hand... :rollseyes:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Mods are purely voluntary. Who would volunteer to put up with this place for more than a couple months?

I gotta admit, when I first read your comment I was really confused since we are talking mods in game here, then it took me till now to realise you meant the forum mods are voluntary and suddenly everything made sense, lol.
  • Likewise. The new system is quite funky. Liking the rebalancing as well... Good work all round!
  • Gorem wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mods are purely voluntary. Who would volunteer to put up with this place for more than a couple months?

I gotta admit, when I first read your comment I was really confused since we are talking mods in game here, then it took me till now to realise you meant the forum mods are voluntary and suddenly everything made sense, lol.

Hahaha! I hadn’t even considered that until you pointed it out, my bad! I can see how there’d be confusion :)
  • Unless you have all gold mods I still think a 6 dot mod would have been better and easier to farm. This method is lame. I’ve got 11 6 dot mods and would have more if they made a 6 dot instead. Looking at the pile of toons I need to still do is uninspiring. Never mind how many don’t have gold mods and will require even more work.
  • I'm another one who loves the new system. It rules.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Count me as one who hates mod slicing.
  • Count me as one who hates mod slicing.

oh come on now that once in a million the speed upgrades you know you get a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Slicing is fun and great, new energy great, The RNG when the guy in your shard adds 40 speed to his team and you get 10 defense...maybe no so warm and fuzzy :)