Potential change to squad arena AI

Mecha858
posts Member
edited September 2018
One thing I've noticed over my time playing this game is that a large number of teams are much weaker on defense than they are when they are on offense.

Now I do understand that an AI that battles for you isn't going to have the full strategy of a player, that's just not possible, however I was thinking what if you could set "ability priorities" on your characters. This would let you rank the special abilities in the order that they should be done. Take my Starck for instance, he's the set up for my team, 264 speed with Zeers' lead, the plan is that he uses "Scan all Wavelengths" to give the whole team buffs and 20% tm due to Veers, alongside Range Trooper going similar, it lets me outspeed a lot of teams. However on defense, sometimes he'll drop his Blizzard Six Barrage first, which stops the whole snowball thing Imp Troopers use, especially vs debuffer teams like the heavy Palp meta.

This idea would be something along the lines of setting the abilities in the order that they should be used. For my Starck I'd have it as Scan All Wavelengths > Blizzard Six Barrage > Basic. This would tell the defense AI to use SCW if available, Barrage if SCW can't be and basic attack if both on CD.

It's a bit of a rough idea right now, but I feel it could bring a lot more teams into viability as if the AI just picks random abilities, it could cost you the game, but also it would open up a lot more strategies for defense as well, with people able to have a little control over the generics of how their team defends.

Replies

• Big Fan of this idea. It'd bring a better depth of strategy into setting arena teams; a wider range of meta characters and teams would be so refreshing!
  • This game will never be taken seriously as a competitive game unless it gets smart ai...or live pvp (human vs human)