Hardest and easiest toons to gear?

Can someone list some of the hardest toons and some of the easiest toons to gear up?
Maybe top 10 for each
I'm curious and maybe helpful for some

Replies

• I would think that the easiest semi-useful toon to gear is FIRST ORDER OFFICER (FOO).

Usually, easier to gear means more useless, so you tend to want to avoid those.
  • Most expensive is gk i think. Cuffs und guns for an Army he needs ;)
  • By no means comprehensive or scientific, but I've been surprised by how easy a few of the new toons are to G11: Vandor Chewie, L3, Bastila and even Nest seemed pretty easy.

Whether this is to get you 3* G11 toons that you then want to spend cash on buying the shards for (stand up Nest and probably Bastila) I couldn't possibly say
  • Visas and Aurra Sing are really easy to gear.
    Greedo is one of the worst gear hogs around.
  • Emperor Palpatine is one of the easier characters to gear.
  • Generally I think tanks are the hardest. Take GK, OB, FOST, Zeb, Sun Fac or Kanan for example. A bunch of easy ones include Lando, Geo Soldier, Acolyte, Poggle and EP.
  • Hermit Yoda is surprisingly easy, only g11 and 12 take any effort. Pheonix are a PiTA to gear up.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Usually, easier to gear means more useless, so you tend to want to avoid those.
    Not necessarily. I've been surprised how easy it was to gear some rather useful - at least to me - toons recently.

• ^ I agree with this. I sneezed and Bastila and Bossk were gear XI. Bossk only needs one piece to get from XI to XII too I think.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Note to self- try this -
    I sneezed and Bastila and Bossk were gear XI.

• Note to self- try this -
    I sneezed and Bastila and Bossk were gear XI.
    No kidding! Who knew sneezing could be such a potent tactic?!? :D
  • Using SWGOH Tools
    ———————————
    Easiest 10 Hardest 10
    —————— ——————
    1)JTR 1)GK
    2)Lobot 2)Dengar
    3)Rex 3)IPD
    4)QGJ 4)Sun Fac
    5)IG88 5)Captain HS
    6)Mace 6)Kanan
    7)STH 7)Rey(S)
    8)Eeth Koth 8)Teebo
    9)Ewok Elder 9)Tusken Raider
    10)FOTP 10)Zeb
  • @Shadowscream
    Why is JTR listed as number 1 on the easy side? She uses (among all the other pieces players might not have very many of on hand) 3 mk5 stun guns, 3 mk3 carbantis, 3 mk8 biotech implants, and 2 mk3 stun cuffs. Those are some pretty tough pieces to get. I would say she’s a pretty difficult gear.
  • There are some characters that need several of those per level. So if she needs 2 Mk3 Stun Cuffs total then that's nothing. Mk3 Carbanti, while everyone needs them, are challenge gear, not difficult to earn. Etc, etc. Those are all easy pieces, relatively.
  • @Shadowscream
    Why is JTR listed as number 1 on the easy side? She uses (among all the other pieces players might not have very many of on hand) 3 mk5 stun guns, 3 mk3 carbantis, 3 mk8 biotech implants, and 2 mk3 stun cuffs. Those are some pretty tough pieces to get. I would say she’s a pretty difficult gear.

It simply goes by the number and color of the pieces. 50 mk IV carbantis will be counted the same as 50 mk III. It doesn’t take rarity into account at all.
  • @Shadowscream

It simply goes by the number and color of the pieces. 50 mk IV carbantis will be counted the same as 50 mk III. It doesn’t take rarity into account at all.

Alright, that makes sense. But if you do take rarity into account, she becomes much more difficult than most characters.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    There are some characters that need several of those per level. So if she needs 2 Mk3 Stun Cuffs total then that's nothing. Mk3 Carbanti, while everyone needs them, are challenge gear, not difficult to earn. Etc, etc. Those are all easy pieces, relatively.

I have literally none of those pieces currently sitting unequipped in my inventory. Carbantis are easy to obtain in small amounts like 20 from the challenges or 5 from guild store. But when a character needs 300 of them, it’s a bit more of a struggle. It’s the same with the other pieces I mentioned. Easy to get in small amounts, hard to get in large amounts (unless you spend or get amazing drops from raids).
  • Rex and Grandmaster Yoda are probably the two most useful, easiest to gear characters in the entire game - as well as Emperor Palpatine.

Hardest and useful? General Kenobi has to take the cake.
  • g12 bb-8 is a nightmare
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Rex and Grandmaster Yoda are probably the two most useful, easiest to gear characters in the entire game - as well as Emperor Palpatine.

Hardest and useful? General Kenobi has to take the cake.

Good post - agreed.
  • g12 bb-8 is a nightmare

Wait until you see Scavenger Rey's gear needed to G12
  • Chopper was honestly easy for me to gear up.
  • I'm finding Darth Vader to be a slog. He needs a bunch of uncommon pieces plus a boatload of I think mk8 biotech? The gold-quality orb things.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I found First Order Executioner to be one of the easier farms. I was really surprised how quickly I was able to get him to G11. The raid gear requirements seem relatively low.

I'll throw another vote for Phoenix on the hardest, but that could also be that they're all kind of a pain so it's just the x5 that makes it seem really brutal.