Biggs bug returns. Hound bug begins.

Same bug as before. Biggs regenerates protection without a target lock attack. Doesnt always occur. Seems to happen after Vader attacks. Also seems intermittent. I am aware of the requirements for protection regin on biggs and confirmed this on three of three matches.

Hound does not gain protection up for enemy attacks always when it should. Confirmed 3 times biggs primary attack registered damage and no protection up. It was biggs first attack so there was nothing that should prevented it.

Anyone experienceing the same? 3 guild members have confirmed.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Biggs doesn't need an attack to occur to get protection, because an attack doesn't need to occur for target lock to be applied

three (common?) ways TL can be applied without an attack are-
    TL expires while enemy Vader is still on the field. Automatic reply (and guess who cleanses on basic? Hound's Tooth. Automatic retaunt and prot restore for Biggs)

Enemy reinforces while Maul is on the field, auto TL

Smacking Rey's Falcon while the unique buff is up

FO TIE reinforces. TL

Usually when someone says Biggs is broken they don't realize something like that is happening. Now, you could be right and he could be bugged, but I'd read over everyone's abilities again just to make sure you aren't missing something. Also maybe show us a video?

As for HT, I can't speak bc I'm not really familiar with the ship. Again, I'd suggest you or a guild take a video

• I am aware of these points. Bugs and biggs on field and no reinforcement.

I said i am aware of the requirements for regen.

The biggs bug has been back and forth for a week plus now. It is an obvious issue on CG side. Two days ago when they made us reload cantina a dozen times it occured and was immediately fixed.

The hound bug has been there for a few days just too lazy to say anything
  • Make a video if youre so convinced. Every single sample could be explained clearly by the basic biggs-vader mechanics.
  • Does hound’s tooth have buff immunity? Because that will prevent protection up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Biggs tends to be a common misunderstanding, a video would help. There are situations when he will regen due to a normal mechanic. This is especially true now with hounds tooth, as he will cleans and have TL reapplied with Vader on the field.

As for protection up, there are times when the damage being dealt will cancel out a previous protection up, and the new one applied which will make it seem like no buff was added. But would need more information to see what else is going on.
  • You are correct kyno. I can only tell you i refresh fleet 4 times a day to fight even thought i am ranked first in shard. If something out of the norm occurs it automatically catches my eye. I will reupdate again after cutoff if they ninja fixed it.

The hound issue is obvious and happens many times through each battle. Unless you are fighting bugs it should be irregular to not see 4-8 regens on hound multiple times during a battle on an opening day fleet shard.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    " Biggs regenerates protection without a target lock attack. Doesnt always occur. Seems to happen after Vader attacks."

But Vader's attack IS a Target Lock attack...
  • I can only tell you i refresh fleet 4 times a day to fight even thought i am ranked first in shard. .

Why on earth do you refresh four times a day?
  • I enjoy this part of the game. Fleet is fun to me and i learn how the AI thinks. To some extent i have a clue and control who is called for next reserve via my actions.

Biggs bug fixed.

Appears the hound bug is fixed also.

• Make a video if youre so convinced. Every single sample could be explained clearly by the basic biggs-vader mechanics.
    Are you suggesting that there’s absolutely no chance of a bug existing? Have we been playing the same game?
    Are you suggesting that there’s absolutely no chance of a bug existing? Have we been playing the same game?

No, he’s saying that dozens of people have posted claiming it to be bugged and it’s always that they don’t understand the mechanics. Odds are this is another case and the OP is missing something. He’s going to have to provide evidence to the contrary if he wants anyone to believe it’s a bug.

I don't think anyone is implying that. However, a claim has been made, and so evidence should be provided. You can make all sorts of wild claims, but if you don't provide evidence, there's no reason to believe you. And it really does sound like the OP is just missing a TL application.

• Biggs bug fixed.

Appears the hound bug is fixed also.

So I guess that means we're not getting our video.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So on this subject: I have noticed Biggs sometimes gaining protection during my turn, when I hit him. I know he regains protection whenever one of my guys gets target locked, but as far as I can tell he doesn't have a mechanic that retaliates against attacks by target locking. He's not countering and critting with his basic, either. Just shooting him and he gains protection.

What would cause this? I'm assuming it's a common ally doing it and I'm just not putting the pieces together, but yeah.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind, my guess is the ship that attacks Biggs had a target lock on it, vader is on the field, and that target lock expired at the end of your attacking ship's turn. Vader re-applies target lock, and biggs gains protection. It looks like biggs gained protection in response to your attack, but it is the new target lock.
  • If you play the game you will notice days when CG reloads cantina dozens of times. The biggs bug comes and goes. As a previous poster points out it can occur even during your attack turn. Again asking for a video doesnt mean you get one. It means we are not beta testers for CG. it means we are making the public aware what is going on.

If CG wanted a video thwy can request it.

Thy do read the forums...they fixed hound.

• StupiderIdjit
    54 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think it's Vader ship passive.
  • Jarvind, my guess is the ship that attacks Biggs had a target lock on it, vader is on the field, and that target lock expired at the end of your attacking ship's turn. Vader re-applies target lock, and biggs gains protection. It looks like biggs gained protection in response to your attack, but it is the new target lock.

Ah, yeah, most of my matchups consist of me trying to eat through an endless procession of tank reinforcements while Vader and TIE go ham in the background, so this is probably it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png