• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Platoons are not necessary and the lack of them can be overcome with development. Sure it's the long road and just like everything in this game it will take time and a plan.

If I read the OP's sentiments correctly, it has more to do with the goal posts moving in an unfair way. Any 170M+ GP guild understands the dynamics of the game and has accepted them to get to that point in roster development.

While I understand you're not being condescending, "develop your squads" certainly sounds like it. As a full time, long term player, you yourself understand the difference that platoons make on Day 6. And if people HAD developed their rosters with the intention of filling TB platoons so they had enough to 3* Day 6 territories only to no longer be able to get any help from platoons - well, most of us can understand their frustration. They were good soldiers, developed their rosters, only to have Lucy pull the football away again with marquee heavy platoons.
    Like it or not this is the current setup we have, it gives and advantage and an ease to those who $$.

Again, while you're not saying "start paying or stop complaining", I can see why people would read it that way. And unfortunately, since the number of marquee toons required is what it is, you need more than just one whale in your guild to fill them.

I personally don't see the reasoning for CG making platoons that hard to fill. It's not as if there is such a vast difference in rewards for the 2 or 3 stars that it's going to cost them in terms of lost revenue. Additionally, it would go a loooooong way towards creating some good will with the player base after the marquee-ocalypse of 2018.

I can't imagine there are a ton of people out there willing to spend $200US to be able to fill a single hole in a platoon when another 6 to 10 might be needed. I could be wrong, it happens often.

Unfortunately the goal post were moved once. This happened when they stated that platoons from 4-6 will be from any toons in game.

The statement you refer to could translate to:

"From here on forward we will be moving the goal post whenever we introduce a new character."

That's not only one movement of the goal post. The goal post has been moved several times since that statement was made.

or its a simple line. P2P get the advantage of full platoons, F2P dont.

The goal post is moved again and again for both P2P and F2P players alike. What's your point?

That the goal posts being moved isn't an issue.

I'm not saying it's an issue. I'm perfectly fine with new toons entering platoons immediately. I'm perfectly fine with paying players having advantage. My only point is, that Kyno's claim that the goal post has only been moved once is false and his defence of his claim makes no sense.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Platoons are not necessary and the lack of them can be overcome with development. Sure it's the long road and just like everything in this game it will take time and a plan.

If I read the OP's sentiments correctly, it has more to do with the goal posts moving in an unfair way. Any 170M+ GP guild understands the dynamics of the game and has accepted them to get to that point in roster development.

While I understand you're not being condescending, "develop your squads" certainly sounds like it. As a full time, long term player, you yourself understand the difference that platoons make on Day 6. And if people HAD developed their rosters with the intention of filling TB platoons so they had enough to 3* Day 6 territories only to no longer be able to get any help from platoons - well, most of us can understand their frustration. They were good soldiers, developed their rosters, only to have Lucy pull the football away again with marquee heavy platoons.
    Like it or not this is the current setup we have, it gives and advantage and an ease to those who $$.

Again, while you're not saying "start paying or stop complaining", I can see why people would read it that way. And unfortunately, since the number of marquee toons required is what it is, you need more than just one whale in your guild to fill them.

I personally don't see the reasoning for CG making platoons that hard to fill. It's not as if there is such a vast difference in rewards for the 2 or 3 stars that it's going to cost them in terms of lost revenue. Additionally, it would go a loooooong way towards creating some good will with the player base after the marquee-ocalypse of 2018.

I can't imagine there are a ton of people out there willing to spend $200US to be able to fill a single hole in a platoon when another 6 to 10 might be needed. I could be wrong, it happens often.

Unfortunately the goal post were moved once. This happened when they stated that platoons from 4-6 will be from any toons in game.

The statement you refer to could translate to:

"From here on forward we will be moving the goal post whenever we introduce a new character."

That's not only one movement of the goal post. The goal post has been moved several times since that statement was made.

or its a simple line. P2P get the advantage of full platoons, F2P dont.

The goal post is moved again and again for both P2P and F2P players alike. What's your point?

That the goal posts being moved isn't an issue.

I'm not saying it's an issue. I'm perfectly fine with new toons entering platoons immediately. I'm perfectly fine with paying players having advantage. My only point is, that Kyno's claim that the goal post has only been moved once is false and his defence of his claim makes no sense.

I'm saying it's an issue. It doesn't make a lot of sense that you can go backwards in TB performance while improving in overall roster construction, which is currently the case for some guilds due to their lack of ability to fill platoons they used to be able to fill, and I think this is the frustration that most players have.

And I think "get good" is a pretty bad alternative. I would love to see what type of Rogue One team it would take to complete the P6 mission with zero help from platoons. My G12 Baze got annihilated in the opening round of P5 coming in with full protection. Just saying.
  • TimmyHutch wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m not sure what the alternative would be. The OP seems to be saying new characters should not be included in platoons. What would be the point of platoons then? If they only used older characters, everyone could fill all the platoons and then they would be all but meaningless.

CG designed it this way to encourage spending and to give people a goal to reach. Granted there was a rather large influx of new ships and characters lately, but that should slow down, allowing more people to get the needed characters for platoons. Then the cycle will start over. It’s a business model that is not likely to change, nor do I necessarily feel like it should. If you can easily fill all platoons it would make TB and getting max stars trivial. It is designed to be one of the biggest guild accomplishments in the game, not some perfunctory, “here’s your participation reward” event.

We never even have the opportunity to fill all platoons though. At no point in the history of territory battles has it been possible for a f2p guild to fill platoons. No matter how hard each member of that guild worked at maxing out platoon characters, it would still be impossible. Maybe if they actually gave a f2p guild the opportunity even just once in a while to actually reach the finish line, and fill all platoons, that sense of accomplishment would go a LONG way for their customers.

I think you’re setting unreal expectations. I do understand where you’re coming from so please don’t think I’m just dismissing your argument, but they are a business and this game revolves around how they can make the most amount of money possible. That is not going going to change. TB and really nearly EVERY aspect of the game is going to revolve around making money. In the case of TB that means putting new characters in Platoons.
  • I have been saying the same thing for months to my guild friends, platoons are an absolute joke, they are constantly moving the goal posts, if you don’t fill platoons in the later stages you can’t complete the missions, no matter how geared your teams are, I know because I have some pretty much maxed out.

It seems to me pure GP is the only way of completing it, the guild I’m in is 160 and we are miles off, so my guess is 180-190 so another six months lol, unless the platoons are changed nothing can be done about it.

I think it’s unfair changing the platoons every time, to force players to farm tons of different characters they maybe don’t want, and what will happen is players will get fed up and leave, which is what I’ve been seeing, players quitting. :|
  • and that is the reality, and if the devs dont do something, it will continue. Players getting frustrated and quitting.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m not sure what the alternative would be. The OP seems to be saying new characters should not be included in platoons. What would be the point of platoons then? If they only used older characters, everyone could fill all the platoons and then they would be all but meaningless.

CG designed it this way to encourage spending and to give people a goal to reach. Granted there was a rather large influx of new ships and characters lately, but that should slow down, allowing more people to get the needed characters for platoons. Then the cycle will start over. It’s a business model that is not likely to change, nor do I necessarily feel like it should. If you can easily fill all platoons it would make TB and getting max stars trivial. It is designed to be one of the biggest guild accomplishments in the game, not some perfunctory, “here’s your participation reward” event.

Right now character platoons are designed where platoons 3 & 4 only use established F2P Rebel/Empire characters (depending on if you're light or dark side TB). That means that established guilds can at least get 2 platoons and get some advantage.

For ships - there is no such established baseline, and 2 squadrons light side is the threshold that enables the Rebel airstrike - a significant boost for ground combat. I'd like to see squadrons 3 & 4 be limited to all ships released prior to 2018.
  • So @CG_Kozispoon or any other memeber of cg this i guess is no big deal ships available only for $$$ to be filled in platoons

what arguments will you use only few needed someone from guild should buy them?

tnx for making players quit game @cg team

l0br79312bdw.jpg
    16doyimwpdk9.jpg
    tokei9t8g87o.jpg
    ts5y71h90qtm.jpg
    hd7mmyvg56ta.jpg
    bdozgccj4jwt.jpg
    opo70m8mkdi5.jpg
  • TorukMakto wrote: »
    So @CG_Kozispoon or any other memeber of cg this i guess is no big deal ships available only for $$$ to be filled in platoons

Our guild is in the same boat. Can’t fill any ship platoons. 135 million GP. This will not even cost us a star. So no big deal for our guild. It’s been like this since the beginning and it will never change.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TorukMakto wrote: »
    So @CG_Kozispoon or any other memeber of cg this i guess is no big deal ships available only for $$$ to be filled in platoons

I have experienced being able to only fil 0 or 1 as well. THis LS TB we can fill 2 in phase 4. That's all good. Just part of the game. Payers have an advantage. Nothing to fix.
  • Hey, at least new Chewbacca is not in platoons today! Tomorrow may be a different story, though.
  • Hey, at least new Chewbacca is not in platoons today! Tomorrow may be a different story, though.

:D:D:D:D:D