Tier three of the mythic event is one of the worst things about this game in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URu0v3RnRQ4&t=945s

That's the video showing how long it took me to beat the mythic event, it pretty much says everything by itself. It's an RNG based horror show. It shouldn't take nearly 2 hours to beat an event simply because you're relying on luck over skill or superior mods. The event should be challenging, not nearly impossible. And this is infuriating.

Replies

• Your characters suck. Get them better.
  • I concur. It's awfully frustrating. Even a g12 Thrawn with a full g11 squad is totally RNG dependant.
  • I concur. It's awfully frustrating. Even a g12 Thrawn with a full g11 squad is totally RNG dependant.

G12 Thrawn. G12+ Palpatine with Zeta unique, and G12 vader G10 vader, and G8 stormtrooper (yeah okay that last one I don't care about I expect him to be obliterated) should be able to at least survive for a moment. I had times last night when I was trying it where I never even got a turn. Same mods and everything. It's not even skillbased, just RNG.

G12 Thrawn. G12+ Palpatine with Zeta unique, and G12 vader G10 vader, and G8 stormtrooper (yeah okay that last one I don't care about I expect him to be obliterated) should be able to at least survive for a moment. I had times last night when I was trying it where I never even got a turn. Same mods and everything. It's not even skillbased, just RNG.

2 vaders couldn't get the job done?
  • Tier 3 of the current mythic event is 1 event of rng-dependent play. Ships 2.0 is EVERY. DAY. Ships 2.0 wins "worst thing" imho. Especially since it was all just a smoke and mirrors yrick to manipulate the meta to make people who had invested in the previous meta, do so again.

But, since I don't want to derail your thread, I'll just say:

TL;DR - Not the worst thing.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I concur. It's awfully frustrating. Even a g12 Thrawn with a full g11 squad is totally RNG dependant.

2 vaders couldn't get the job done?

OH !^#^$^# TYPO MEANT TO SAY TARKIN
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Tier 3 of the current mythic event is 1 event of rng-dependent play. Ships 2.0 is EVERY. DAY. Ships 2.0 wins "worst thing" imho. Especially since it was all just a smoke and mirrors yrick to manipulate the meta to make people who had invested in the previous meta, do so again.

But, since I don't want to derail your thread, I'll just say:

TL;DR - Not the worst thing.

I agree, Ships 2.0 wins the "worst part of this game" award. I just said this event ranks pretty high up their too. I completely agree with you though, ships 2.0 is even worse about RNG than this event
  • I can beat it but I agree there are problems with this event. I run g12 thrawn, g12 ep, g12 vader, g11 tarkin, and g11 tfp and it takes several tries to just get more that 2 players to survive the opening attack.

If I can get that done, it's not too much of a problem. But considering that I run ep, vader, and thrawn, in arena and have arena mods on them, there is no way that the enemy Phoenix should be getting multiple turns before I even get to go. Even with preloaded tm, my vader should be going after they get the first turn with all the bonus speed he gets. So the speed for the seems ridiculously high.

I have also toyed with running shore trooper instead of tfp but that does no good at all. Part of it is because he's a bit squishy because he isn't geared up enough but that isn't my issue. The isdue I have is that his taunt seems to have no effect. And I'm not talking about it being dispelled. They just seem to ignore it and attack whomever they want while he's taunting. I never get that ability with Phoenix so why does the Phoenix team on this event get that ability?

Just seems like bad design.
  • I can beat it but I agree there are problems with this event. I run g12 thrawn, g12 ep, g12 vader, g11 tarkin, and g11 tfp and it takes several tries to just get more that 2 players to survive the opening attack.

If I can get that done, it's not too much of a problem. But considering that I run ep, vader, and thrawn, in arena and have arena mods on them, there is no way that the enemy Phoenix should be getting multiple turns before I even get to go. Even with preloaded tm, my vader should be going after they get the first turn with all the bonus speed he gets. So the speed for the seems ridiculously high.

I have also toyed with running shore trooper instead of tfp but that does no good at all. Part of it is because he's a bit squishy because he isn't geared up enough but that isn't my issue. The isdue I have is that his taunt seems to have no effect. And I'm not talking about it being dispelled. They just seem to ignore it and attack whomever they want while he's taunting. I never get that ability with Phoenix so why does the Phoenix team on this event get that ability?

This. There are several times in my almost two hours of footage where they do things they shouldn't be capable of doing. If I remember correctly Sabine went for like 2 or 3 turns in a row on one occasion. Ezra was ignoring cooldowns on flourish a couple of times as well. It's infuriating.

This. There are several times in my almost two hours of footage where they do things they shouldn't be capable of doing. If I remember correctly Sabine went for like 2 or 3 turns in a row on one occasion. Ezra was ignoring cooldowns on flourish a couple of times as well. It's infuriating.

Yeah didn't take me 2 hrs but I completely agree the mechanics are broken. It shouldn't be that rng dependent to even get a turn with more than 2 characters when 3 out of the 5 were maxed out arena meta characters when the event came out.

Yeah didn't take me 2 hrs but I completely agree the mechanics are broken. It shouldn't be that rng dependent to even get a turn with more than 2 characters when 3 out of the 5 were maxed out arena meta characters when the event came out.

What's most irritating in my opinion is that Phoenix is meant to counter a thrawn lead, whether it was intentional or not, so the odds are stacked against us from the start with just the leadership. We should have the option to use another leader. I can think of several empire leaders that would've been better for the job. Vader and palpatine being the top two. Tarkin also would've been okay. Anything but thrawn. His lead is good against a lot of other teams EXCEPT FOR PHOENIX.
  • it's awful. At least make it so thrawn isn't lead. and maybe if you have time make it so phoenix don't go eleventy times before us. tyty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Totally disagree. End game content for end game players is wonderful. I managed to beat it first time both tries this time, but have definitely enjoyed struggling with it in the past. Downvote.
  • Shrugs, put on Auto and won with only Shore dead. Down vote +1
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    Totally disagree. End game content for end game players is wonderful. I managed to beat it first time both tries this time, but have definitely enjoyed struggling with it in the past. Downvote.
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Shrugs, put on Auto and won with only Shore dead. Down vote +1

with who what levels? ty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    Totally disagree. End game content for end game players is wonderful. I managed to beat it first time both tries this time, but have definitely enjoyed struggling with it in the past. Downvote.

You're both either full of crap or just incredibly lucky. It took me hours. I started attempting to beat it before I started recording and in total it took probably 3 hours. At least 2-3 characters died before I even got a turn. and when I did get a turn, usually I was still done for
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I disagree. Mythic events are supposed to be the hardest non-raid content in the game. As such, they should require a FULL 7 star, g12, well modded team with the correct character composition on the team (with a little flexibility). That’s kind of the point of having end game characters: to do end game content. If you have those things, this event is not terribly difficult. If you don’t have those things, but are somewhat close, you can still manage to do it with good rng. I think it’s generous that we can even finish end game content with a sub optimal team.

I did it with g12, 7 star, Thrawn, Palp, Vader, Tarkin, and then once with TFP and once with a g8 Shoretrooper. It took several tries each time, but I was using mediocre mods (+80ish speed on most characters) and not the perfect setup as far as character selection. It took some good rng and good strategy. I’m just happy I was able to do it all considering the team composition I was using was not the ideal composition.

Also, it wasn’t terribly difficult to figure out if a run had a shot or not, meaning I could forfeit on my first turn if rng was not on my side and a character got killed before I could go. That meant I didn’t have to spend a ton of time on it. One of the things that made it take so long for the OP was playing out runs that obviously had no shot. If you lose a couple characters before you’ve killed even one Phoenix member, just forfeit and go again. This would have cut down the time it took tremendously.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »

with who what levels? ty

https://swgoh.gg/p/137721834/characters/?f=Empire

Thrawn, Vader, EP, GMT, Shoretrooper.
  • I beat it with G11 Thrawn, G12 zzEP, G12 Vader, G12 Tarkin, and G8 Magma. I threw Magma in because my TFP was dying in one hit, but Magma ended up being what got me the victory. If he gets hit with a debuff he gets 90% tm under Thrawn's lead. He gets an instant turn and even though he'll get countered to death with his grenade, he should remove enough tm for the rest of the team to go. It doesn't take much to kill them, if EP has survived this long, most of them will be down to health already, which a culling blade will make short work of. If you can get rid of Sabine and Ezra, it shouldn't be too hard to finish the rest of them off.