The perfect amount of hard node attempts discussion.

With the return of hard node attempt increase from 5 to 8 it made me realize that there has to be an exact number of free attempts that's optimal and that's not 5! After completing all my hard node farming once more, I realized that 8 attempts is pretty solid.

First of all it's not too many, it doesn't give you a crazy amount of shards per day I'd say it averages out at 3 which is by no means too many or too little. It also makes refreshing more valuable which makes it more tempting to push the refresh button but I guess that is on the person.

I strongly believe that anything less than 8 attempts is too little, it would drop the daily average to under 3 shards which is ridiculous to say the least.

I think 8 is the golden number and we should permanently keep it, I would argue that 10 would be even better, raising the average shards per day to 4 but I don't want to get too greedy. Just don't forget that with each extra attempt you end up spending even more energy which eventually runs out and that forces you to buy more.

Let's fight to keep it this way, 8 attempts should not be reverted back to 5.

Replies

• Options
    If the math done by the community is to be believed 8 attempts will average 2.67 shards per day. 10 will average 3.33. We'd need 12 attempts per day to get to an average of 4.

I do hope they keep it at 8 instead of going back to 5 though.
  • Options
    I think it's more of a 30% drop rate than 33%. But I haven't done serious data crunching.
  • Options
    unlimited hard node attempts please