Arrow mods

Hey guys... we all know +30 speed mods are the best for almost all characters... however, what are some toons that use are better with other arrows?

Example: Nightsisters Acolyte is best with an Acuracy Arrow. Other examples?

Replies

• Options
    Protection arrows for Phoenix as long as they have high secondary speed. Critical avoidance on tanks, or defence.
  • Options
    I use prot on Baze, which makes him a beast under CLS (80K protection with the defense bonus is really hard to kill).
  • Options
    Hey guys... we all know +30 speed mods are the best for almost all characters... however, what are some toons that use are better with other arrows?

Example: Nightsisters Acolyte is best with an Acuracy Arrow. Other examples?

Only toon I have ever considered using an accuracy arrow on is B2. NA should get offense if not speed.
  • Options
    I run offence on my Resistance Trooper and Protection on Kanan Jarrus
  • Options
    Should Old Ben be a protection arrow? or Defense?

It used to be speed, but I think it has changed.....
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Should Old Ben be a protection arrow? or Defense?

It used to be speed, but I think it has changed.....

Olld Ben still needs as much speed as possible to get mind trick off first, then taunt 2nd turn. Unless you have a protection arrow with 20+ speed secondary, stick with a speed arrow for him.
    Zaalbar under the Qi'ra Scoundrel defense squad can make good use of a crit avoidance arrow. He autotaunts like GK, and with the stacking CA bonuses under Qi'ra lead, he can easily shut down any crit based teams or toons.
  • dennishsnyder57
    478 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Protection, speed all others are worthless just like tenacity mods. Acolyte with accuracy? No way, speed. Speed is the single most important stat, offense being the second. Protection is a close third.

Edit/add:
    Health for Old Daka and Vandor Chewie. Very limited. Still need speed/offense secondaries.
  • Options
    Protection, speed all others are worthless just like tenacity mods. Acolyte with accuracy? No way, speed. Speed is the single most important stat, offense being the second. Protection is a close third.

Edit/add:
    Health for Old Daka and Vandor Chewie. Very limited. Still need speed/offense secondaries.

This has been the norm in a very general sense so far; however, there are many toons that need very specific modding setups that have little to do with either speed or protection. A perfect example is the magmatrooper anti-treya squad: you have to mod magma to have the absolute highest possible tenacity, followed by potency. Almost all his TM comes from resisted debuffs from his unique and thrawn lead ability, so even moderate speed is OK as long as those two stats are maxed ( at least 90% tenacity before both of the 30% bonuses from his unique).

Mod slicing has also made those other arrow types much more viable, since you can take an offense or other primary and then slice it up to +20 or higher on a speed secondary, giving you a larger overall benefit. A protection arrow with a +15 secondary may now end up only a few points shy of a 30 speed arrow.

Acolyte also doesn't need great speed under either lead, since AV lead gives tons of bonus TM, and MT lead will get lots of its damage from graveyard assists and MT mass attack. You'll maximize aco's damage by setting her up with a balanced mix of speed, flat offense, and CC/CD.

Another example is a full droid squad under an HK47 lead. Almost all the TM gain comes from critical hits, so maxing CC will actually give you a higher effective speed than a setup that focuses on just speed secondaries.

The list goes on from there. When you mod a squad, you really need to understand the mechanics of how each piece of that squad works together. Ezra for example needs to be modded somewhat differently depending on whether he is being run with Phoenix, Bastila Jedi, or other rebels like a CLS squad. Each lead ability will greatly change how his stats, turn meter generation, buffs, and other factors ( like counter-attacks ) affect his actions.
  • Options
    Most of us don't fight Tests on a regular basis, there are thousands of players that aren't top 100 in their shards so who cares about Traya, I am talking majority not minority
  • Options
    Most of us don't fight Tests on a regular basis, there are thousands of players that aren't top 100 in their shards so who cares about Traya, I am talking majority not minority

The original poster was specifically asking for characters that use non-speed arrows, which means he was asking for the exceptions, not the majority. I was just expanding on the topic of nontraditional modding. Didn't mean to offend you with too much deep thought.