What is Damage immunity? New buff?

"Payout: Jango Fett gains Damage Immunity for 2 turns, which cannot be Dispelled or prevented, and +50% Offense."

As title says. Can the toon still be inflicted with debuffs like stun and DOTs? Do previously inflicted DOTs do damage?

Or is it simply a typo and supposed to be Crit damage immunity?

Replies

• Damage immunity.
    Similar to fleet mace windu old ult
  • I would assume they can’t be dealt damage. If the debuff is separate from the damaging spell, it should still apply. Just a guess though.
  • It's like the special on endurance (ships 1.0) so it's not new to the game but it's new for a toon to have it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Its... pretty simple, damage immunity you can’t take damage, end of story
  • Dots and stuns can be inflicted

I don't believe dot damage will be dealt
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    It's like the special on endurance (ships 1.0) so it's not new to the game but it's new for a toon to have it

If it’s like the ship annihilate will still work though, similar to Thrawn ultimate.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    It's like the special on endurance (ships 1.0) so it's not new to the game but it's new for a toon to have it

If it’s like the ship annihilate will still work though, similar to Thrawn ultimate.

But it would be pointless as the Jango wouldn't take any damage from the attack just gain the debuff. And the damage immunity buff would last because a Fractured Jango cant take a turn.

So i guess you cant damage him and those debuffs like fracture and stun will only prevent him from attacking, he still won't be able to be defeated until 2 turns have passed for him
  • Damage Immunity probably won't protect against Nihilus' Anihilate as it's not damage but instant defeat ;-)
  • Metasly wrote: »
    Damage Immunity probably won't protect against Nihilus' Anihilate as it's not damage but instant defeat ;-)

True, but what do you think in reguards to Savages attack? Will it not do the "massive damage" and just whiff?

Im still 80% sure this is a typo and supposed to be crit damage immunity, as damage immunity seems too OP for a toon to have. And it seems this buff can be copied and spread, a la yoda
  • Mace Windu should have +1000% offence vs Jango and he has -1000% defence versus Mace.
  • Watch the video guys jango clearly gains damage immunity not critical damage or any other immunity. Why speculate when there is video evidence GC links the video in game and in forums most of the time.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Metasly wrote: »
    Damage Immunity probably won't protect against Nihilus' Anihilate as it's not damage but instant defeat ;-)

True, but what do you think in reguards to Savages attack? Will it not do the "massive damage" and just whiff?

Im still 80% sure this is a typo and supposed to be crit damage immunity, as damage immunity seems too OP for a toon to have. And it seems this buff can be copied and spread, a la yoda

Bounty payouts are blue with white borders indicating they can't be copied. It's unique to them. He'll be the only one with that particular payout.
  • jejuzang wrote: »

I think you have no idea how this game works you should watch the videos from the Game Changers they give you all the details... It is not a typo it is "DAMAGE IMMUNITY" which makes him immune to any damage for 2 turns and this buff can not be copied or dispelled.
  • jaymez369 wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »

I think you have no idea how this game works you should watch the videos from the Game Changers they give you all the details... It is not a typo it is "DAMAGE IMMUNITY" which makes him immune to any damage for 2 turns and this buff can not be copied or dispelled.

Settle down there bud. Im using the official post from the official forums for my info. Im not running around to all these different mediums to get info on this game, if they dont want these types of questions they should post the stuff here in writing.

I think i have a pretty good understanding of the game, you just got a little too excited over a post.
  • The buff is not new. It is the same as Mace Windu's capital ship "Challenger"'s ultimate ability. He is completely immune to damage for two turns upon activation of the payout.

It is not more or less complicated than that. Unsure why anyone thinks it is new unless EVERYONE here came after Ships 2.0, which is when they reworked his ultimate.
  • Haha. They reworked mace in ships 2.0! Somehow missed that since there are no mace capital ships anywhere outside TW. Yes, damage immunity was already part of the game.
  • The buff is not new. It is the same as Mace Windu's capital ship "Challenger"'s ultimate ability. He is completely immune to damage for two turns upon activation of the payout.

It is not more or less complicated than that. Unsure why anyone thinks it is new unless EVERYONE here came after Ships 2.0, which is when they reworked his ultimate.

But back then we didnt have the ability to "annihilate/overpower". More curious as to how this buff reacts to those abilities. I mean we COULD assume the effects but id rather just get for sure clarification
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Annihilate doesn't cause damage or massive damage, like Savage Oppress, or the AAT raid, or enrage. It just instantly defeats without revive. You can annihilate Boba Fett currently and he won't revive, or execute him with another Boba. However; the other Boba does it by inflicting damage. Same with Savage, a OHK by inflicting actual numerical on-screen damage.
This discussion has been closed.