Let's settle which full jedi Bastilla team is the best once and for all...

Prev1
There are currently two Bastilla teams that stand out. GMY, Ezra, Old Ben, and GK. Then GMY, Ezra, GK, and HY. Which do you think is better? And which performs better against Traya?

Replies

• Any team without Hermit Yoda is a worse team.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    HY--offense
    OB--defense
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    (Bastila obviously lead) So I think this post is more about Ezra vs GK.

Both are very incredible toons. One shines far better on Offense, while the other is much more efficient on Defense.

Bastila, GMY, Hoda, and OB are the core. Can’t really replace them. So as usual it boils down to that 5th variable. Which is either Ezra or GK.

Odd balls are typically CLS, Thrawn, Nest, or Nihilus until you have a full squad of Jedi.
    Post edited by Turvantus on
  • The sucky part about hyoda is he is a coward.
  • Um the best teas is Bastilla Hoda Yoda OB and Ezra
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Um the best teas is Bastilla Hoda Yoda OB and Ezra

I've seen General Kenobi perform well against a traya lead on offense...does old ben do the same thing? I can't find any videos on YouTube of it.
  • The best team is clearly Bastilia, Mace Windu, Plo Kloon, Eeth Koth and Ima Gumby.

New meta everyone! Gear 'em up!!! :p
  • I'd choose Ezra before GK 99% of the times... Ezra is a DMG beast, his double basic, the dispell with awesome DMG and his assist attack with a boosted GMY. I've seen those 2 attack together with 130k dmg combined.
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    crzydroid wrote: »
    HY--offense
    OB--defense

Yeah, that's my assessment as well. With my JTR team, at least, picking apart a team with HYoda on defense is pretty easy, but when they're running double-Kenobi, it becomes a real pain, and sometimes I can't get through the dueling taunts.

• Ezra is an absolute must in a Bastila team. OB is optional.

Like someone else said... Hoda on offense, then swap in OB to tag team with GK for defense overnight.

• MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I run g11 4* bastilla, g11 ezra, g9 OB, g11 GMY, g12 gk. And don't have hoda yet.. facing full geared g12 squads and manage to stay under 100 most days. And get as far as rank 65 some days. With 5 attempts..dont face traya regularly tho..shes in all the top50 teams. Have around +100 speed on them all. Yoda bein 264 speed and only zeta i have on any of them is on bastila
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    For what it’s worth, I put up zBastila, OB, GMY, GK, and Ezra on defense for the last TW. Only zeta that worked for the party was on Bastila. They defended successfully 10 times before finally going down.

I just zeta’d OB’s Devoted Protector, I’m anxious to see how well they perform next time.

EDIT: I run them in arena too. I bounce between 80 and 130, occasionally getting down below 70. Haven’t faced any Tray teams though. My mods aren’t super fast, but I’ve engineered them so GMY spreads Bastila’s buff party early so GK and Ezra can take advantage of the call assist abilities. It works very well against Nightmare squads.
  • I dont have this team built yet, but I have contemplated it many times. Unless you're going specifically for defense, I dont see the benefit of old ben. This team already receives a massive defensive boost from the Bastilla lead. So logic tells me this team should be geared offensively, GK provides just enough taunting to throw teams off, and then provides a powerful offensive attack with lead the charge. Using GK will give you just enough time to annihilate your opponent. I dont see how old ben fits in at all, except for defense. And even on defense, especially at the higher levels the best thing he can do is run the clock out. And no Bastilla lead will work on Traya, her counter attack buff automatically gets your team smashed. Bastilla beats palp, palp beats traya, traya beats bastilla, it's a triangle.

• And if you were that committed to defense, zeta old ben with Jolee would be interesting.
  • Piott
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Is GK viable at 5* with this team? Also, is it worth it to zeta Ezra or OB?
    Post edited by Piott on
  • Currently a full Jedi team cant beat a Traya lead team, you need to sub someone.
    Most people pull out Hermit and put in Thrawn or Nihilus or both in this case they sub out Ezra.
    Old Ben is a far better character vs Traya due to his mind tricks.
  • I avoid Traya teams - they smush me. So I generally try to fight mirror matches against other Bastila teams until I have no choice. Against other Bastilas, Old Ben is pretty useless, as he can't land his Mind Tricks against that kind of Tenacity. At least GK hits decently with the buffs and can call a massive assist. Against Palpatine, I can see choosing OB because he can probably delay special moves for a round or two with Mind Tricks.

I generally run the commonplace zBastila (L), zzGMY, zHoda, zEzra, GK. But when I fight other Bastilas I'll replace zEzra with zVentress or zThrawn. Works 90% of the time. =)
  • Is everyone sleeping on Zarris?
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Is everyone sleeping on Zarris?

No....because Zarris sits like a plum doing nothing for the first 3 rounds. Bastila’s Protection “shield” means a pure healer does nothing initially. By the time heals are needed the Jedi “should” already have wiped out most of the other team.
  • Haven’t run Jedi against traya, just res against Jedi. I can tell you that against JTR teams dual tanks works the best, with Ezra instead of Hoda. For traya, you’ll probably need some extra pizzazz, like the thrawn or Nihilus that someone already mentioned, to get rid of the dual taunts (assuming the standard SiT/Sion hide-the-Nihilus).
  • Pacyn4life wrote: »
    Currently a full Jedi team cant beat a Traya lead team, you need to sub someone.
    Most people pull out Hermit and put in Thrawn or Nihilus or both in this case they sub out Ezra.
    Old Ben is a far better character vs Traya due to his mind tricks.

This was also my point of view... but now I can beat Traya lead teams in approximately 70% of attempts. The key is to kill Traya as soon as possible (it depends mainly on her speed), then Sion, then the others. It's the only way in my experience.
    I play from launch, my rank is 35th-60th and my arena team is Z Bastila g11, ZZ HYoda g12, Z GMY g12, GK g12, Ezra g11.

I would like to zeta Old Ben and try if he helps to hold better on defense.
  • i had bastilla maxed when she dropped. wasnt cheap lol. i run zbastilla, zhyoda,zGMY, ezra, and GK and can crush anyone in my shard and i can swap in DN and beat traya for TWs. once i zeta OB it might be him over GK but for the moment thats my 5 and ive been #1 since i maxed bastilla
  • i had bastilla maxed when she dropped. wasnt cheap lol. i run zbastilla, zhyoda,zGMY, ezra, and GK and can crush anyone in my shard and i can swap in DN and beat traya for TWs. once i zeta OB it might be him over GK but for the moment thats my 5 and ive been #1 since i maxed bastilla

dn for?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don’t have Bastila at 7* and don’t use this team, but I’ve never failed to beat them in the arena—it’s just slower than usual. Eventually, DN picks them off one at a time. They can’t do enough damage fast enough to overcome his annihilate, even if their tenacity means that his cooldown is slower to reduce.

Isolate the tank, fracture GMY, annihilate Ezra or Bastila, and it’s all over eventually. I’ve had it come down to the last thirty seconds, but I’ve never lost.
  • If GK gets isolated, he is rendered completely useless, Old Ben is not.

Bastilla lead, GMYoda, Ezra, HYoda, Old Ben
  • I say the comp I’m running in arena right now is the best: Bastila, Ezra, GMY, OB, and GK. The hardest Bastila teams to beat are the ones with a double tank, and honestly I think Hoda is overrated in arena (I won’t unlock him until tomorrow, so I say he’s overrated only based on videos I’ve watched). With OB you can do mind tricks at the start of the battle which can really give you an advantage, and after GMY spreads Bastila’s buffs you can use GK’s assist and instantly kill someone on the enemy team.
  • I don’t run these teams, but having faced them in arena, I’d say the toughest to beat is Bastila, Hoda, GMY, OB, and GK. In my opinion, the AI just doesn’t use Ezra very effectively in these squads, and I’m typically able to just let him hang around until I get around to killing him at my leisure. GMY is all the DPS this team needs, and is a much bigger threat to one shot my team than Ezra is.

For comparison’s sake, I run JTR, BB-8, R2, Rey, and Finn.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @DaPowerfulJedi : This was the point I was trying to make earlier. That gk is one of the best units you can add to this team because he can basically annihilate any unit once the buffs are spread. There are so many in my shard who just dont use him, even though they have him. As long as you blow up the enemy teams designated dispeller, you should be able to crush most teams. Except for traya of course
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Is everyone sleeping on Zarris?

No....because Zarris sits like a plum doing nothing for the first 3 rounds. Bastila’s Protection “shield” means a pure healer does nothing initially. By the time heals are needed the Jedi “should” already have wiped out most of the other team.

It was more for the heal on crit taken , dispel after turn and the fact she's probably a little easier then hyoda to get.

Also is hermit Yoda not sitting round like a plum for 3/4 turns till masters training is off cooldown?
  • I run CLS, RHan, Thrawn, and Chaze. The only Bastilla setup I haven't fought in Arena is the OB/GK version. All the other variations mentioned I have seen. Maybe I haven't seen that one only because it's good enough to be past me! (I get rank 100-250)
    Stun GMY, fracture the tank, kill GMY and move on from there.