forget traya, can new BHs beat Bastilla?

Prev1
Luniz
359 posts Member
edited September 2018
I don't care about Traya but I hate Bastilla and think its a good kit so I want to knock them out of arena, can I do it with the new guys?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    No. Jango relies on debuffs to win. Bastila is built to resist debuffs. If anything, Bastila is a natural counter to Jango led bounty hunters.
  • Options
    I run a Bossk led BH squad that regularly beats Bastila squads. 2016 shard and finish in the top 50. I usually kill GMY first, then hit auto. Auto is important because some of the matches come close to the timeout.
  • Options
    Jango lead reduces tenacity by 40%. Maybe.
  • Options
    Jango may not like buffs but Boba does. ;)
  • Options
    If you mod for potency, you may have a chance but the team is not a natural bastilla killer. Potency really helps. Ibeat bastilla teams with ep lead with no traya by having a super potent vader. The tennacity can be overcome but you'll have to specifically mod to do so.
  • Options
    There’s a super secret team that wrecks the Jedi team with average gear; like +70 speed
  • Valarius
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Outfitted with mods containing decent speed boosts, a BH team led by Embo will make short work of bastilla lead jedi teams as long as they don't have the chance to take multiple consecutive turns. Get the likes of bossk and and cad bane in there for stuns and Greedo (also Cad) for turn meter removal and you can slap them silly. Stun lock and take Ezra down first if he's there. Embo can deal with anyone who taunts.
  • Options
    There’s a super secret team that wrecks the Jedi team with average gear; like +70 speed

I'm climbing higher than before by targeting Bastila squads with my FO team. They absolutely wreck them.
  • Options
    No she seems to beat the bh, which is excellent as they are trying to make the best kind of meta. The rock paper scissors meta
  • Options
    There are a ton of teams out there that can beat bastila, which is why she’s a counter-meta team, not true meta. FO, resistance, traya (the real meta), NS, various other BH led teams. I usually target bastila teams with my res because it gets boring playing against the same carbon copy EP team over and over (which res can also beat on offense, but suffer against on D).
  • Options
    Yeah just let bastila buff someone and then Boba use Execute, lol
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Yeah just let bastila buff someone and then Boba use Execute, lol

Too much bonus protection for that. You'll get good damage but it wint be enough to make the team work.
  • Options
    Bastilla is part good, part meme. Some really half built squads can handle her.
  • Options
    Valarius wrote: »
    Outfitted with mods containing decent speed boosts, a BH team led by Embo will make short work of bastilla lead jedi teams as long as they don't have the chance to take multiple consecutive turns. Get the likes of bossk and and cad bane in there for stuns and Greedo (also Cad) for turn meter removal and you can slap them silly. Stun lock and take Ezra down first if he's there. Embo can deal with anyone who taunts.

i doubt that team would even scratch my bastilla team when I am in control. it might be lucky against a horrible AI. those stuns and TMR you mentioned dont affect bastilla. maybe you should read here zeta leader ability again. seems like you arent to educated on that yet.
  • Options
    There are a ton of teams out there that can beat bastila, which is why she’s a counter-meta team, not true meta. FO, resistance, traya (the real meta), NS, various other BH led teams. I usually target bastila teams with my res because it gets boring playing against the same carbon copy EP team over and over (which res can also beat on offense, but suffer against on D).

if you think FO and NS can beat bastilla you need your head examined. i crush those teams on auto with my bastilla team. JTR doesnt even do well unless your against the bastila and the AI is freaking horrible. BH cant beat bastilla either. even with an embo lead(which i think his zeta leader ability hurts tenacity of opposing toons but not sure) they wont break through that 150% tenancity wall and extra protection wall and all that foresight

my bastila team is zbastila, zhyoda, zGMY, ezra, and GK. it destroys anything except TRAYA on AUTO. against traya i need to manually beat her. i really wish EA would get their act together and create an arena where we can actually face one another with 2 players in control of their teams. that way we can get an exact answer. otherwise AI will always screw sh"o"t up.
  • Options
    Solo scoundrels beat Bastilla on auto easily...

And now BH under Jango will trump Traya squads it seems.... still remains to be seen for certain

I’m aure some other setups will make things interesting in the mix up to come...
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

And now BH under Jango will trump Traya squads it seems.... still remains to be seen for certain

I’m aure some other setups will make things interesting in the mix up to come...

and bastilla destroys solo scoundrels on auto too lol. still not certain that solo scoundrels can beat a bastilla lead unless the AI does horrible though. but ive only been able to see from what i can beat with my bastiala team. its beaten all teams. i guess it could all come down to human vs AI. i wish we could really see the human vs human matchups bc i would bet you $$$ that if you had your solo scoundrels and i had my bastilla i would win hands down. unfortunately we cant do that yet
  • Options

my bastila team is zbastila, zhyoda, zGMY, ezra, and GK. it destroys anything except TRAYA on AUTO. against traya i need to manually beat her. i really wish EA would get their act together and create an arena where we can actually face one another with 2 players in control of their teams. that way we can get an exact answer. otherwise AI will always screw sh"o"t up.

Can't have two people controling their teams otherwise there will always be someone loosing who will take his time to time out a draw . Unless you have time limit on turns to force the play. Or scrap the timer on the battle all together.
  • Options

if you think FO and NS can beat bastilla you need your head examined. i crush those teams on auto with my bastilla team. JTR doesnt even do well unless your against the bastila and the AI is freaking horrible. BH cant beat bastilla either. even with an embo lead(which i think his zeta leader ability hurts tenacity of opposing toons but not sure) they wont break through that 150% tenancity wall and extra protection wall and all that foresight

...but FO and NS can beat Bastila. There's a difference between you beating them on offense is that AI never plays teams to the best of their abilities. NS all it takes is one character to lose that bonus protection and boom plague destroys them.
  • Options

My FO team walks over that like nothing on offence.....
  • crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

and bastilla destroys solo scoundrels on auto too lol. still not certain that solo scoundrels can beat a bastilla lead unless the AI does horrible though. but ive only been able to see from what i can beat with my bastiala team. its beaten all teams. i guess it could all come down to human vs AI. i wish we could really see the human vs human matchups bc i would bet you $$$ that if you had your solo scoundrels and i had my bastilla i would win hands down. unfortunately we cant do that yet

Obviously people are talking about offense. We KNOW the AI is horrible...just like it's the horrible AI that helps your Jedi team on offense. JTR beats Bastila too, just like all these other teams people have been saying. If everybody's offense went the way your combat does when they're on D, don't you think it odd that you'd drop at all?

The most time-consuming part about fighting a Bastila team is getting through Kenobi (which is a non-issue if you run Thrawn). After that, it quickly goes down hill for them.
  • Options
    People have trouble with Bastilla? She’s easy, just use Reysistance.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    zKRU, zKylo, zFOST, FOO, FOE. Two stuns (one unavoidable and cleanses simultaneously), three cleansers, tenacity up, tenacity down, two TMR. Massive TM boosts. Easy fights against Bastila.
  • Options
    Hard hitting scoundrel or bounty hunter teams wreck jedi.
    Cad, zam, greedo, l3, and vandor can at 75k power can auto through most bastilla teams at 100k plus.
  • Options
    I use JTR, BB8, R2, Thrawn and Zolo. Bastila is a joke with this lineup, especially if they use Hoda instead of dual tanks. vd3ot54liv3w.png
  • Options
    I use JTR, BB8, R2, Thrawn and Zolo. Bastila is a joke with this lineup, especially if they use Hoda instead of dual tanks.

Stunning GMY with your opening move with Han?
  • Options
    I use JTR, BB8, R2, Thrawn and Zolo. Bastila is a joke with this lineup, especially if they use Hoda instead of dual tanks.

I beat them with ep lead and a potency stacked vader. With all the added speed for opposing jedi, vader almost always goes first. Open with force crush and it still lands debuffs. With decent rng, you get a few on gk who is taunting. Culling blade gives you enough tm to be even with the bastilla lead. If they have a slow gmy, my thrawn goes next. Pass the turn to sion to clear the taunt and then thrawn gets a turn again soon because sion was at 100% tm. And you fracture gmy before he even takes a turn.

If their gmy is fast, he goes before thrawn and spreads buffs but sion mass dispels them so the effect is the same.

Then you whittle down the protection and kill gmy first. Then Ezra. Then by then annihilate is ready. I annihilate gk and then target bastilla and hit auto.
  • Options

Exactly. If there’s dual tanks, he sometimes takes a few turns and may even kill off Han, but by then I’ve chewed through the rest of the team and kill him no problem. Without dual tanks, it’s even easier. Stun yoda, push back/dispel tank with JTR, fracture Yoda and the team has 0 offense. By the time fracture is removed (usually by BB8’s ID), tank is dead, Ezra is probably also dead, Yoda is on his way (usually dead before he takes a turn), then finish off bastila with near full health/protection.
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters with Dengar could probably beat Bastilla. Dengar has a tenacity down on his AOE and after that you can start dealing debuffs to them. Embo lead would probably be best because of the counter chance and his dispell on basic attacks. Embo, Dengar, Bossk, Jango, Boba would be good.