Better FOTP gets LOWER speed? What the Freud?

So I can in some pics in a follow up if necessary for EA/CG, but for now I just want to note something really, well, bizarre and hope y'all just take it for granted that I've got all the numbers right.

My daughter has a zeta'd FOTP 7* and g11.0.

Her FO TIE has a speed of 184 which shows (54) beside it, which I have always understood to mean that the TIE is getting +54 from Crew Power. We've been told over and over that increases in Crew Power lead to increases in ship stats.

The Crew Power of her zeta'd FOTP is 26,226 and the general GP of her FOTP is 17,484.

The total GP of the ship itself is 44,562.

All ship omegas finished, she's at lvl2 of the reinforcement ability

She has 6 x 5 dot mods.
===========================
I have a 7* FOTP with no zeta and g11.33.

My FO TIE has a speed of 186 showing +55 from Crew Power.

The Crew Power of my FOTP is 23,248 and the general FOTP GP is 15,499.

The total ship GP is 38,571
All ship abilities at lvl7 (need one more omega-level upgrade on each ability) and I'm at lvl 1 of the reinforcement ability.

I have 5x 5 dot mods and 1 x 4 dot mod.
===========================

Note that the base speed of my FO TIE is 1 higher than hers and on top of that, I'm getting +1 more speed from crew power, even though my crew power is actually much less than hers.

So, my question is, How is this possible?

Her crew power is higher, but her crew contribution to speed is lower. Her ship is upgraded 1 more level than mine in every single ability, including reinforcement, but her base speed is less than mine.

The only area in which I'm any better than her is that I have 2 gear pieces equipped at level 11, but she's at g11 with no extra gear pieces equipped.

But that shouldn't affect the base speed... and my Pilot's GP is still way below hers because of a total 29 dots on my 6 mods while she has 30 total dots, plus she has the zeta. So the Crew Power contribution should also favor her, yet I get a larger crew contribution (to speed at least, I haven't checked everything).

Why should I have advantage in both Base Speed and crew bonus speed, when I'm worse in ship power, ship abilities, crew power, and pilot's GP?

This makes no sense. If anyone understand this, plz let me know.

Replies

• Okay, I've read the link & it doesn't explain the difference in Base Speed between the two ships.

It also contradicts the fact that she has more Crew Power than I do, when EA/CG specifically said that increasing Crew Power would increase ship stats, but one zeta adds quite a bit more Crew Power than 2 pieces of g11 gear, yet this "crew rating" thing asserts that a zeta is worth +120 CR while 1 piece of g11 gear is worth +132. Our FOTP's are the same in everything except I'm missing one pip on one mod which costs me a possible +44 and a zeta which costs me +120.

So she has +164 that I don't have, but I have +264 (for the gear) that she doesn't have. I'm up +100 over her on "crew rating", it would seem. But as I said, that contradicts what EA/CG has specifically said.

Now, okay, that contradiction is solved by saying that EA/CG just weren't telling the truth, and that ship stats go up with Crew Rating but not with Crew Power, but that still doesn't solve the first discrepancy.

Zetas get you almost nothing with this system. If you're wanting to boost a pilot, it's easier to slice a mod to 6 pips or add a single piece of g10 gear than add a zeta. The difference between +118 & +120 is completely negligible. I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm just saying it's misleading when adding a zeta grants so much more. It's also annoying that an Omega is worth the same as a Zeta.

It's all just very disappointing ...

... and still, there remains the difference in ship base speed that cannot be explained.
  • Presuming one was just short of reaching a crew rating threshold which would grant an additional point of speed, obtaining just over the crew rating needed to gain a point of speed would result in 2 speed.

In other words, your daughter is ever so slightly short of getting another point of speed while you are almost right at the threshold which granted you your 2nd point of speed. You are more or less barely over one speed's worth of rating apart.
  • Nowhere is it stated that Crew Power equates to Ship stats. The link has shown you exactly what contributes to Crew Rating which directly contributes to Ship stats. So yes, a Zeta which boosts a lot of Crew Power doesn’t actually increase the Crew rating as much as say a piece of G11 gear.
  • MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Woodroward

That doesn't explain the difference in base speed.

@Huatimus
    Nowhere is it stated that Crew Power equates to Ship stats.

It doesn't say that Crew Power "equates" to ship stats, but it does say in the tutorial that increasing your Crew Power will increase your ship's stats and therefore you should be promoting/leveling/gearing your pilots. They specifically use the term "Crew Power" in the tutorial.

Again, if that's not how it works, that's not how it works. The problem isn't the system they have, it's the misleading way they describe it.

Interestingly, I did find the forum post where they specifically say
    Watch out: crew power != crew rating. Crew rating, which is what the game uses to calculate your stats, is hidden and based off the 5 character aspects. Crew power is just an estimate of crew rating.

But that's not what the in-game tutorial says, and I would never have found it if we weren't having this conversation.
  • @MasterSeedy well now you know and understand. Time to get her to equip them G11 pieces.
    There is also an online calculator setup which can tell you what pieces you need to achieve the next Ship Speed threshold.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Woodroward

That doesn't explain the difference in base speed.
    The only thing that affects base base anything in ships is ship level, period. If your ship has a higher base speed than hers, she needs to level her ship up more.

• @Woodroward:

As I explained earlier the ships are identical in all the ways except those specifically mentioned.

Level was not mentioned because both ships are Level 85.

The discrepancy remains.
  • @Woodroward:

As I explained earlier the ships are identical in all the ways except those specifically mentioned.

Level was not mentioned because both ships are Level 85.

The discrepancy remains.

And, as I said, the only thing that affects a ship's base stats is ship level, period. If you are both 85 and one of you has 1 more base speed than the other, one of your ships is tweaking and you need to submit a ticket.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Presuming one was just short of reaching a crew rating threshold which would grant an additional point of speed, obtaining just over the crew rating needed to gain a point of speed would result in 2 speed.

In other words, your daughter is ever so slightly short of getting another point of speed while you are almost right at the threshold which granted you your 2nd point of speed. You are more or less barely over one speed's worth of rating apart.

This is irrelevant. His crew power is LOWER than hers, not higher.

Huatimus' explanation is correct for how the stats are being calculated. I agree that the 'crew power' start is misleading as it doesn't seem it's actually used to calculate anything.

The difference in base speed is interesting. If both ships are 7* and level 85 I can't think of a valid reason for a difference. I'd suggest filling a bug report.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Presuming one was just short of reaching a crew rating threshold which would grant an additional point of speed, obtaining just over the crew rating needed to gain a point of speed would result in 2 speed.

This is irrelevant. His crew power is LOWER than hers, not higher.

Huatimus' explanation is correct for how the stats are being calculated. I agree that the 'crew power' start is misleading as it doesn't seem it's actually used to calculate anything.

The difference in base speed is interesting. If both ships are 7* and level 85 I can't think of a valid reason for a difference. I'd suggest filling a bug report.

Crew RATING is the only thing relevant in pilot contributions to ship stats. Crew power is ALWAYS irrelevant.