Phoenix is so overpowered.

I have done a squad arena battle where I have a full sith team: Nihlus, Sion, Vader, Maul, and Palpatine, and they are all gear 7 or 8, and I fight a phoenix team, I use an AOE, and bam, counter attack mayhem. I feel like Hera's leader ability should only grant half the affects.

Replies

• Lol you have emporer Palpatine and you can't beat pheonix??
  • You have Maul on the team which applies mass daze, use it first. EP takes away the healing. You just need a better strategy.
  • `
    Lol you have emporer Palpatine and you can't beat pheonix??

Yah man!
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    First off. Better be running EP lead, get maul out for someone useful. Up EPs potency to land stuns, kill kannan first to stop counter attacks.

Edit: or keep maul for daze, forgot about that.
  • It's hard to get Maul to go first because he is so slow. And all those Sith are big on AOE which invites mass counter-attack from Phoenix. So you have to boost your potency to land those controlling debuffs like Stun and Daze. That means Palpatine lead. Also, Rebels and Jedi take passive damage from Palp's leader ability, so using him vs. Phoenix is really the most effective lead.

Vader gets huge TM boost vs Phoenix, so he goes first with Force Crush. Palp lead ability gives Vader a ton of bonus TM, so he goes again with Culling Blade. Then Palp should go next with his AOE; if his potency is up enough, he should get a stun or two (or more!), and might even get another bonus turn. Now you can AOE with Sion and Nihilus ... Sion should go first to protect Nihilus. If Sion lands some Pain, he might get another turn too.

When Maul finally gets around to moving, you can lay down the Daze which will shut down Phoenix if they are not already. Maul is very strong against Jedi, so try to use him to attack Ezra and Kanan.
  • I actually just spat coffee... pheonix are nothing to papa palp, his aoe literally shuts them down, get a bunch of speed on him and your golden
  • Then don't use an AoE except for Vader's and Sion's. Get Palp's speed and potency up. Shock will prevent the heal they get from getting debuffed. Kill Chopper first. He's annoying and his unique really helps their survivability. Finally, if your Tarkin is as good as your Maul, then sub him in. His TM removing AoE is great, but his mass offense down early in the fight makes all those counter attacks pretty useless.
  • Ok thank you guys so much!
  • If you have Thrawn, fracturing Kanan is also helpful.

But yeah, I don't know if EP or Phoenix came first, but regardless, EP is a natural counter to Phoenix.
  • I thought this was a joke at first, don’t know if I should be disappointed that it isn’t. Phoenix is literally at the bottom rung when it comes to power. You can beat a Phoenix squad with just about any team out there. Palps with Vader runs through them like nothing. Add tarkin and TFP, Phoenix melts like butter.
  • I have been playing since early November 2017
  • Nightsisters, imperial troopers, and prepared scoundrels will walk fully geared pheonix on auto also.
    Being honest, as pheonix is one of my favorite factions.
  • Phoenix are not overpowered lol.
  • This post made me laugh
  • Rebels is my favorite light side, scoundrels is my fav neutral,and empire is my favorite dark side faction.
  • Phoenix is laughably underpowered if anything. They’re great for starting out, but I think they suck as a faction. The only reason I’ve seen people gear them up is for Thrawn/Chimaera, or they like the characters, or for Ezra since he’s very important for a Jedi team under Bastilla. You just gotta know who to kill first (Ezra) and you’re solid.
  • Phoenix is laughably underpowered if anything. They’re great for starting out, but I think they suck as a faction. The only reason I’ve seen people gear them up is for Thrawn/Chimaera, or they like the characters, or for Ezra since he’s very important for a Jedi team under Bastilla. You just gotta know who to kill first (Ezra) and you’re solid.
    I disagree that they're underpowered, but they're certainly not arena material past early game.

On TW defense, a good Phoenix team requires an at least relevant team to get through. In Territory Battles, they're a solid asset. They're a solid P2 Sith team if you push them. Their ships are now quite good.

They aren't gonna set the world on fire, but they're good from the word go, and never stop being good.
    Still not a he.
  • Eman5983 wrote: »
    I thought this was a joke at first, don’t know if I should be disappointed that it isn’t. Phoenix is literally at the bottom rung when it comes to power. You can beat a Phoenix squad with just about any team out there. Palps with Vader runs through them like nothing. Add tarkin and TFP, Phoenix melts like butter.

Lol I run all four of the characters you mentioned including Magma in case in a different team they have Vader. Plus Zeb with counter gives Magma lots and lots of turn meter. Phoenix teams are very delicious if you run my squad.