More Gear events to keep up with additional toons

Prev1
CG has added marquee events at an alarming rate, yet have not added the gear to match.

We need to voice our opinions so that there can be some "balance in the force"

Please fix the issue of gear. Its impossible to keep up with the gear needed for all the toons added. Btw I'm p2p and I still cant keep up.

Once again, BALANCE. The force is all about balance. How can CG have a star wars games and not practice the core principle of BALANCE.

Just a thought.

Replies

• Options
    My thoughts...

Re-work the daily challenges and improve the gear rewarded (pretty sure we all have 5k+ of some pieces of gear). Additionally, give us stun gun/cuff heists in the same fashion that we have credit/training droid heists!

(Yes it's obvious nothing will be done about the gear grind issue but it's still fun to suggest thing that would be well received by the player base.)
  • Options
    Challenge gear from haat and Sith raid being removed. I’m kind of scared about this when I once would’ve applauded it.

These extra tiers with Jango event sounds nice. Maybe they should always do that.

Smuggler Tag adds a bunch of new options.
    Give us the gear heist we have been asking for forever.
  • Options
    Change the Sith raid rewards! Even add another tier to the daily challanges
  • Options
    Challenges*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    we are seeing more gear pop up in places, i hope they keep it up and that the raid changes help.

more is always welcome, but we can't expect there to not be hard choices. sometimes you need to just accept that you may not get a toon the first time around. or be hoarding like its your job and hope you did enough.
  • Options
    For me it’s not so much the gear as it is the zetas. Seems like every new character needs zetas now. For newer players like me (November 2017), there is no way to catch up and put zetas on some of the older characters. I can catch up on gear and characters by spending money, which I’m fine doing, but I can’t catch up on zetas. I’d really love to zeta Imperial Troopers for example but there is just no way. Bounty hunters, Jedi, possibly solo/kotor, traya, etc. all need multiple zetas and at the rate they are releasing characters I’m never going to be able to go back and do things like Troopers, zBariss, Jyn, or hell even CLS.
  • Options
    Follow up to my previous post: one possible solution for the zeta issue is to have characters that are over say, one year old, stop requiring zetas and start requiring a new material. Call them Alphas. So for example, for the first 12 months if you want to max Bastila’s leadership you have to use zetas. After 12 months, if you haven’t zetaed her already, it now takes Alphas instead of zetas.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Follow up to my previous post: one possible solution for the zeta issue is to have characters that are over say, one year old, stop requiring zetas and start requiring a new material. Call them Alphas. So for example, for the first 12 months if you want to max Bastila’s leadership you have to use zetas. After 12 months, if you haven’t zetaed her already, it now takes Alphas instead of zetas.

Tbh once you get the ships you want starred up and some of the toons from there the zetas become easier. Even getting 1000 ship coin per day has you on pace for a zeta every 2 days.

Plus TW and wicket and Mt events- I do not rely on the challenges to get zetas(I consider it a bonus if I do get some there) it becomes easier.
  • Options

Tbh once you get the ships you want starred up and some of the toons from there the zetas become easier. Even getting 1000 ship coin per day has you on pace for a zeta every 2 days.

Plus TW and wicket and Mt events- I do not rely on the challenges to get zetas(I consider it a bonus if I do get some there) it becomes easier.

I am first in fleet every day and I am getting them from the Talzin event. I get three every Tw. I still can’t come close to keeping up. Virtually all the new characters have zetas. Some of them multiple zetas. Maybe if the character release cadence slowed down I could have a shot at catching up but the way it is now, I never will.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Love the ideas people are sharing. Like i said. There just needs to be a balance. A balanced correlation between the number of toons and the possible awarded gear
  • Options
    Maybe unpopular but....how about not increasing gear availability. Now we have to choose who to gear and who to farm. That’s a good thing. You don’t need everyone max geared, ideally our inventories won’t be identical.
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Maybe unpopular but....how about not increasing gear availability. Now we have to choose who to gear and who to farm. That’s a good thing. You don’t need everyone max geared, ideally our inventories won’t be identical.

Agreed, making us choose who we want to gear will go some way towards increasing the variety we see in PvP parts of the game
  • Options

I am first in fleet every day and I am getting them from the Talzin event. I get three every Tw. I still can’t come close to keeping up. Virtually all the new characters have zetas. Some of them multiple zetas. Maybe if the character release cadence slowed down I could have a shot at catching up but the way it is now, I never will.

Absolutely- the slew of marquee events have weighed heavily on us. It’s noticeable from the top down. Hopefully they stay true to their word and not do it this way next time.

I’m top 100 maybe in fleet, get 2 in TW. Don’t consider the bonuses at all and it’s all from fleet payout and other events.

I wanted to zeta all of the solo scoundrels but couldn’t to reman somewhat competitive in other game modes.

Hopefully the marquees will slow down and you can work on things you want to.

Just curious who do you want to zeta? And who do you think you need to zeta?
  • Options
    We need more credit heists and give us some more events so we can earn gear a little extra gear. Iam farming like 20 toons at once.
  • Options
    Well, we got the weekly shipments, but given the recent cuts, I wonder how long the gear for credits will stay there...
  • Options
    G20 wrote: »
    CG has added marquee events at an alarming rate, yet have not added the gear to match.

We need to voice our opinions so that there can be some "balance in the force"

Please fix the issue of gear. Its impossible to keep up with the gear needed for all the toons added. Btw I'm p2p and I still cant keep up.

Once again, BALANCE. The force is all about balance. How can CG have a star wars games and not practice the core principle of BALANCE.

Just a thought.

Agree completely. Remove useless salvage from all raid rewards. Increase STR gear rewards all tiers. Add another tier to credit heist so we can at least buy some gear from that shop. Reduce shard store prices. Increase gear drops for daily quest completion.

I don't expect you to do all of the above, but do *something*, as gear crunch is getting awful.

We just finished STR tier 5 this morning - it took us three days, I placed second. I'm gearing three toons atm and I didn't get a single piece of salvage I could use on them. Seriously? Yesterday we finished Rancor. We had about a dozen or so people who autoed it, myself included, I was 7th. I got around 60 useful salvage pieces. There is no balance there.
  • Options
    Think we can kiss goodbye to the idea of them lowering the gear crunch. Lets be real, if they had any such plans, they wouldn't have added stun cuffs/guns/carbs/eyeballs to g12+ too. ;P

It's as greedy as it gets, but it is what it is!
  • Options

Absolutely- the slew of marquee events have weighed heavily on us. It’s noticeable from the top down. Hopefully they stay true to their word and not do it this way next time.

I’m top 100 maybe in fleet, get 2 in TW. Don’t consider the bonuses at all and it’s all from fleet payout and other events.

I wanted to zeta all of the solo scoundrels but couldn’t to reman somewhat competitive in other game modes.

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi here is my profile. https://swgoh.gg/p/372175766/ Remember I started the last week of November 2017, so I’m pretty new. The better question might be who don’t I need to zeta lol. I do have two zetas held right now, which I’m likely going to use to make my bh squad viable as I am working on them now, but at the top of my list, in no particular order: Bastila, Hyoda, Veers, Nest, Q’ira, r2 Combat Analysis, Thrawn, CLS, Vader, Tarkin (for fleet), Talzin, Ezra, Daka.
  • Options
    Zeta-ing Tarkin for fleet is not really a good use of a zeta. It doesn't add a lot to his ship and it would be much better spent elsewhere.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi here is my profile. https://swgoh.gg/p/372175766/ Remember I started the last week of November 2017, so I’m pretty new. The better question might be who don’t I need to zeta lol. I do have two zetas held right now, which I’m likely going to use to make my bh squad viable as I am working on them now, but at the top of my list, in no particular order: Bastila, Hyoda, Veers, Nest, Q’ira, r2 Combat Analysis, Thrawn, CLS, Vader, Tarkin (for fleet), Talzin, Ezra, Daka.

Ya got some really great zetas there.
    I’m biased towards Thrawn and Empire so I will always try to big them up lol

I would say focus on things that will help you with the Sith raid, TW , and tbs and of course arena. If you have 2 zetas in hand I would wait till Jango comes out and try to get in the habit of always keeping one zeta in the hole.

Most of the zetas you mentioned are great. R2, veers, Thrawn unique , have more or less become staples in the game and they work great. Just my opinion - pending your Jedi teams I would put it on Bast. Tarkin doesn’t need one, cls, Vader, Ezra and daka aren’t necessary either. They are good zetas but not needed. Talzin is a good toon too but with asajj I’ll think you ll be ok.

It’s hard to say who you should zeta and who you shouldn’t because there are so many factors involved. But at the end of the day go with your gut , what you enjoy. Still can’t decide ask your GL lol.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    we are seeing more gear pop up in places, i hope they keep it up and that the raid changes help.

more is always welcome, but we can't expect there to not be hard choices. sometimes you need to just accept that you may not get a toon the first time around. or be hoarding like its your job and hope you did enough.

Boy you love to point this out so much, no offense to you but it's starting to sound like a broken record. The OP isn't saying that choices won't have to be made, he is pointing out the obvious, that it's one thing to choose between 2-3 characters and another thing to choose between 10. He's speaking about balance, if they release let's say 10 characters in a year and you only have enough to gear 5 and pass on 5, it's very different from let's say they release 20 characters and you have to pick 5 and pass on 15.

Yes they have added ways to earn gear, we also have ways to earn more guild currency however you have to also remember that since they hard node farming trend begun we also have to devote all of our energy in character shards instead of gear which makes things alot more complicated. At no point did the OP say that we need to have enough to gear everything! The element of choice will always exist, we just want to keep it at the same ratios.
  • Options

I would say focus on things that will help you with the Sith raid, TW , and tbs and of course arena. If you have 2 zetas in hand I would wait till Jango comes out and try to get in the habit of always keeping one zeta in the hole.

Most of the zetas you mentioned are great. R2, veers, Thrawn unique , have more or less become staples in the game and they work great. Just my opinion - pending your Jedi teams I would put it on Bast. Tarkin doesn’t need one, cls, Vader, Ezra and daka aren’t necessary either. They are good zetas but not needed. Talzin is a good toon too but with asajj I’ll think you ll be ok.

It’s hard to say who you should zeta and who you shouldn’t because there are so many factors involved. But at the end of the day go with your gut , what you enjoy. Still can’t decide ask your GL lol.

HSR isn’t too big a deal as I already get top 3-5 usually. Jedi would really only be for tw, but I can use them on offense without Bastila’s leadership. Definitely saving for BH. My point though is with all the new characters and their zetas, I don’t really have a way of catching up on the old ones from before I started playing.
  • Options

Boy you love to point this out so much, no offense to you but it's starting to sound like a broken record. The OP isn't saying that choices won't have to be made, he is pointing out the obvious, that it's one thing to choose between 2-3 characters and another thing to choose between 10. He's speaking about balance, if they release let's say 10 characters in a year and you only have enough to gear 5 and pass on 5, it's very different from let's say they release 20 characters and you have to pick 5 and pass on 15.

Yes they have added ways to earn gear, we also have ways to earn more guild currency however you have to also remember that since they hard node farming trend begun we also have to devote all of our energy in character shards instead of gear which makes things alot more complicated. At no point did the OP say that we need to have enough to gear everything! The element of choice will always exist, we just want to keep it at the same ratios.

I completely agree, the break-neck speed at which they are releasing characters in hard nodes (and why mostly Dark Side???) is ludicrous.

However, they did say they were going to rework the reward system for all raids, so let's hope that helps. But then again this is CG, who just introduced a ship energy that costs 2x as much as a hard node farm. Making those farms either 2x as long or 2x as expensive AND doesn't count towards our daily energy.
  • Options
    The thing with gear is that you always have options. You can buy more guy with crystals, which in turn you can buy wish cash. You can farm more gear with energy refreshes, which also require crystals. The option is there. Not so with zetas. I can catch up on gearing characters by spending money. I can’t catch up on zetaing squads because there is no way to buy them.

Now I understand the reasoning behind that. They don’t want whales zetaing every single character the moment they are released. Fine. However, it screws newer people. I need to be able to go back and zeta some of the characters older players have had for months or years. Thus my suggestion that after a year or so, characters with zeta abilities no longer require zetas, they require a new mat called alphas. It helps F2P and newer players alike, while still keeping the same pace for zetaing new characters that are released.
  • Options

HSR isn’t too big a deal as I already get top 3-5 usually. Jedi would really only be for tw, but I can use them on offense without Bastila’s leadership. Definitely saving for BH. My point though is with all the new characters and their zetas, I don’t really have a way of catching up on the old ones from before I started playing.

Yea it’s tougher for newer players, you also don’t have to waste any zetas either.
    There are a few I did solely for HAAT and they are null and void now. (Looking at you Cody!)
  • Options

Yea it’s tougher for newer players, you also don’t have to waste any zetas either.
    There are a few I did solely for HAAT and they are null and void now. (Looking at you Cody!)

Give it time. Once the next raid rolls around I’ll probably be saying the same thing about zetas on HSR squads. Looking at you Visas. :(
  • Options

Give it time. Once the next raid rolls around I’ll probably be saying the same thing about zetas on HSR squads. Looking at you Visas. :(

Haha no she’s great in TW against traya lol
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    27 new characters and ships already released this year, and its not even in the 4th quarter yet. This is insane.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The issue is that people are asking to keep up with the release rate. While this is an issue of concern, keeping up with what? if you want to be able to farm everything to be ready for all the speculation.....well, its not always going to happen.

in times like this, sometimes you need to realize you may not be ready for everything and work on a plan for what you can handle. trying to have everything is for the krakens, the rest of us make it work.

As i had pointed out, they have been introducing new ways to get gear, they are trying to keep balance, but they will always keep the pace too. we have to manage our resources to fit the plans we can make work.