Why is Cad Bane the ONLY hunter without a zeta?

Prev1
Roken_Fett
1283 posts Member
edited September 2018
As the title says, why?

Every other hunter has at least one but Cad gets none? Seems pretty disrespectful. Especially when you have a perfect spot (Stun Glove) to place a Zeta on him, making him actually effective against Jedi. Maybe even add something else to that ability as well.

I'm just saying Cad deserves a zeta and it just looks weird that he's the only hunter without one.

Edit: I waited to post this until after Zam's rework went live to see if she would get one, and she did.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

  • I think its because the programmers and developers really don’t know who he is, so they made a character who looks like Cad Bane, but is really nothing at all like Cad Bane in any way
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    He is the easiest to acquire Bounty Hunter, so he got the worst rework. Very disappointing compared to how awesome he is in cannon, but he's not the only one in that category.

    Was surprised they didnt take him out of the GW store. Cant have the pilot of their latest OP ship sitting in such an easy spot to farm. Expected CG to move him to a 20 energy ship node.
  • Because all his abilities are already at level 8 with Omegas.
  • One less zeta needs to be farmed, good.
    Chaze are without zetas too, and they are still very good characters.
  • I do wish his leader ability had retained the evasion boost. Better yet, they should have had the Omega upgrade give Foresight rather than Advantage.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    A couple of you missed the point of this post. But to counter the "zetas don't make him useless" point:

    He's not useless. He was before. Now he's just average. He deserves better than that. And again, he's the ONLY one without a zeta. Doesn't make sense.

    A Zeta really is irrelevant to your point, so you're confusing people with that in the title. The devs can make up whatever abilities they want requiring whatever ability mats they pick. Some characters are good without a Zeta, and others are terrible with one.

    You're point (unless I misunderstand) is that he's still bad after the rework correct? I mean he's better, but he's the worst out of the whole group. He should be better. I agree with that. But he can't be for financial reasons most likely.
  • Because Cad Bane is useless, so he doesnt deserve a zeta
  • Because Cad Bane is useless, so he doesnt deserve a zeta

    Cheers
  • Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    As the title says, why?

    Every other hunter has at least one but Cad gets none? Seems pretty disrespectful. Especially when you have a perfect spot (Stun Glove) to place a Zeta on him, making him actually effective against Jedi. Maybe even add something else to that ability as well.

    I'm just saying Cad deserves a zeta and it just looks weird that he's the only hunter without one.

    Edit: I waited to post this until after Zam's rework went live to see if she would get one, and she did.

    Zetas don't always make or break a character's usefulness. Look at range trooper, resistance trooper, etc. I'm glad it's one less zeta to have to farm. I'm glad they re-worked him, but I would have liked to see a little more too.
    FOX is really good and he has no zeta
  • Ultra
    1916 posts Member
    Zeta doesn't mean a character is good. The less zetas to use on a character the better imo

    He has a good ship and with no zeta, its easier to max out his ship. That's a win in my books.
  • Cad Bane is now meant to be an OP pilot who doesn't excel anywhere else in the game, much like the genosians. It seems the best ships are now piloted, for the most part, by weaker characters which are very expensive to gear. He fits the bill there.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Because all his abilities are already at level 8 with Omegas.

    That doesn’t mean they can’t give him a new ability.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Because Cad Bane is useless, so he doesnt deserve a zeta

    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Because Cad Bane is useless, so he doesnt deserve a zeta

    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    If we went by badassery then you wouldn’t be seeing any toon beating Jedi and Sith. But Jedi suck in this game and Sith are worthless without Triumvirate.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Because Cad Bane is useless, so he doesnt deserve a zeta

    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    If we went by badassery then you wouldn’t be seeing any toon beating Jedi and Sith. But Jedi suck in this game and Sith are worthless without Triumvirate.

    Well Cad Bane infiltrated the Jedi archives by himself and beat tricked the entire Jedi order. He was the Michael Jordan of bounty hunters
  • All the people claiming that x character is good without a zeta (like range trooper, FOX, and Chaze) are missing something: the “good” part. Cad is just OK. The whole point of a zeta is for it to be kind of a silver lining to give an extra push to a character to accelerate them to greatness. Some accomplish that perfectly, taking a character that would otherwise be decent and making them awesome (KRUM, for example). Others take a bad character and do nothing at all to them (Bodhi, pao) and some take a great character and make them amazing (Sion, bastilla).

    Cad’s kit is already pretty good, he just needs 1 or two extra things to help push him to be the best that he can be, and the simplest way to do that isn’t necessarily to give him a Jango Fett level kit, it could just be to make one of his abilities or his leader ability very stand out. It doesn’t even really need to do that. It could just make cad on the level of or slightly above the other bounty hunters. Remember, at their cores, these kits and statistics are still characters, and if someone wants to find an excuse to use a character they like, they’ll find it.

    Cad has nothing like that though, as basically any squad he is placed into would be better without him. What’s worse is that he is a fan favorite, and even more so better than most of these characters in the canon. That doesn’t need to be so in game, but he could at least be middle of the pack, average rated compared to the other hunters.
  • Luck of the draw?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • USAFmedic129
    749 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    Cad Bane was killed by young Boba and Boba walked away with a nick in his helmet. Yeah he’s so much better.
  • KueChael
    714 posts Moderator
    Cad was a Jedi hunter.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    All the people claiming that x character is good without a zeta (like range trooper, FOX, and Chaze) are missing something: the “good” part. Cad is just OK. The whole point of a zeta is for it to be kind of a silver lining to give an extra push to a character to accelerate them to greatness. Some accomplish that perfectly, taking a character that would otherwise be decent and making them awesome (KRUM, for example). Others take a bad character and do nothing at all to them (Bodhi, pao) and some take a great character and make them amazing (Sion, bastilla).

    Cad’s kit is already pretty good, he just needs 1 or two extra things to help push him to be the best that he can be, and the simplest way to do that isn’t necessarily to give him a Jango Fett level kit, it could just be to make one of his abilities or his leader ability very stand out. It doesn’t even really need to do that. It could just make cad on the level of or slightly above the other bounty hunters. Remember, at their cores, these kits and statistics are still characters, and if someone wants to find an excuse to use a character they like, they’ll find it.

    Cad has nothing like that though, as basically any squad he is placed into would be better without him. What’s worse is that he is a fan favorite, and even more so better than most of these characters in the canon. That doesn’t need to be so in game, but he could at least be middle of the pack, average rated compared to the other hunters.

    All this.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Don't forget : Clone wars chewy had a zeta.
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    Cad Bane was killed by young Boba and Boba walked away with a nick in his helmet. Yeah he’s so much better.

    I never knew that happened. His last appearance was when he got arrested when Obi-Wan tricked him as an undercover bounty hunter and he was arrested. Swore revenge on him but we never saw Cad Bane again
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    Cad Bane was killed by young Boba and Boba walked away with a nick in his helmet. Yeah he’s so much better.

    I never knew that happened. His last appearance was when he got arrested when Obi-Wan tricked him as an undercover bounty hunter and he was arrested. Swore revenge on him but we never saw Cad Bane again

    Apparently his death isn't actually canon
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    Cad Bane was killed by young Boba and Boba walked away with a nick in his helmet. Yeah he’s so much better.

    I never knew that happened. His last appearance was when he got arrested when Obi-Wan tricked him as an undercover bounty hunter and he was arrested. Swore revenge on him but we never saw Cad Bane again

    Apparently his death isn't actually canon

    Last i heard, even the unfinished scripts from the clone wars were made Canon, which makes his death canon.
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    JiggyMoose wrote: »
    The real Cad Bane is better than Jango or Boba, the fraud Cad Bane in this game makes Greedo look competent

    Cad Bane was killed by young Boba and Boba walked away with a nick in his helmet. Yeah he’s so much better.

    I never knew that happened. His last appearance was when he got arrested when Obi-Wan tricked him as an undercover bounty hunter and he was arrested. Swore revenge on him but we never saw Cad Bane again

    Apparently his death isn't actually canon

    We shall see since David Filoni now gets to complete season 6.
  • Cad is actually really good now. Doesnt need a zeta.
Sign In or Register to comment.