Longer time allotment for Arena battles

Seems with all the new mechanics introduced over the last year or so all the PvP battles seem to be getting longer and longer. There's just so much health and protection regen on so many different characters now. Not to mention things like contracts, stacking offense, etc.; all of which take awhile to get going.

I have my Arena battles end in a draw as often as I finish them now, simply because the time ran out. We're still sitting at the same 5 minutes we've been at for a long time.

Maybe this time-limit should be revisited in light of all the new characters and their abilities.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I agree. With g12+ gear granting significant health and armor boosts, as well as the increase to defense and health by 6* mods, not to mention abilities like DN's max health up (and stacking) or Traya's protection stacking or NS resurrections or Hoda healing like crazy, things can take forever. Also, the bump in health combined with health steal from multi tool gear just adds to the issue.

On my launch shard, arena battles either time out or come very close. Often, I have to put it on auto for the last minute or even two just to get it in.

There really needs to be a "no animations" option to help speed things up (and cut down the lag on older phones) or an increase in the time allotted for arena battles. And the issue is only going to get worse.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Not sure I agree with the more time because of rank holding/stalling, but I do agree a no animations option or something similar would be nice.
  • Agreed, five minutes is fine if the matches could actually finish, and leaves the same amount of time available for rank related shenanigans. As awesome as they are a "No Animations" or "Abbreviated Animations" or speed multiplier would be very helpful.

It's not just arena. As more and more guilds deploy their Traya and Bastila walls, we'll start to see the same thing in TW.

@CG_TopHat Has this issue been brought to the attention of the team at all?
  • Any word on this?

Just had my wampa going round and round and round with the never ending sion till the clock ran out....