PSA: Do not use IG88 in the special DSTB mission if you are doing the Bounty Hunter quest

Title says it all. If you use him in this special mission you will not get credit for the battle. This is a 4 month old bug with no fix yet. Use him in any other mission except the special. You will have another month added to your quest if you use him in the special mission.

Replies

• I use him all the time and get credit for the wampas and gets .....
  • Is this true?
  • I use him too no issues update phone IMO ?
  • I ran him in my run, worked fine, received credit. So far so good.
  • ive used him every time and get the credit for it today included
  • Quest? Which quest?
  • https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IG-88-Quest-not-Updating/td-p/6872333/jump-to/first-unread-message

Unless they fixed it with this recent TB. There was nothing in the recent patch notes that said this was going to be fixed. I’ve been affected by it. After last TB I was sitting at 5/12 for quests even though I completed 6. Just trying to save people some frustration.
  • I use him everytime and get credit each time
  • I think post is about the BH special mission? Not getting credit in terms of GET currency, etc. Most people aren't past the first mission level for Boba yet - due likely to Wampa part - so maybe there is some issue we are not seeing?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    OP is not talking about getting credit for the special mission. He is talking about not getting credit for the Bounty Hunters title quest involving IG-88 and TB. Use him in a non-special combat mission to get that.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    crzydroid wrote: »
    OP is not talking about getting credit for the special mission. He is talking about not getting credit for the Bounty Hunters title quest involving IG-88 and TB. Use him in a non-special combat mission to get that.

This is it. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    gtzntj2te4if.png
    Mortally Wound quest is not updating. I should be at 7/12 but because I used IG88 in a special mission it did not count.
  • Can you please update your title to something like:

"Don't use ig88 in special mission if you wanna complete that quest!"

And then explain in your post what you mean through something like:

"Yo,
    So and so happened to me. So i'd advice you to not use so because so prevents so from happening.
    Regards,
    So"

So, yeah. Right now it's pretty confusing/misleading. But i appreciate the intentions. :D

• So nothing *bad* will happen if you use IG88 in the BH SM. You can still use him if you want, just won't increment the counter for the quest if you're on it. got it. thx.
  • dsteve wrote: »
    So nothing *bad* will happen if you use IG88 in the BH SM. You can still use him if you want, just won't increment the counter for the quest if you're on it. got it. thx.

Correct. The only “bad” thing is I will have to wait another month before I can move on from this quest. After 2 DSTB I should be at 12/12 but I will only be at 11/12. It’s a real drag as I could be working on the “joy of the kill” for the next character as 500 contract payouts take awhile to do.
This discussion has been closed.