Don't you see that Revan would be totally misplaced in this game?

Seriously people keep asking for Revan so much but all this old republic content is so out of place! You want Revan which mean most likely also Malak, it's just too much. What's their kits gonna look like and how accurately will they represent them? I bet most people in CG didn't even know who Revan and Malak were until people started asking for that content. Now they will be responsible for creating kits for vague characters of which they don't know much about.

My point is that we got some old republic content, the triumvirate is enough on the dark/sith side, Bastila and Jolee it's fine, I mean Jedi needed some love, I would prefer a rework of the existing Jedi but that wouldn't be profitable so Bastila makes sense.

I just don't know where this is going with all the old republic characters, plus there is so many of them, it would literally add another couple dozens of characters of that were to happen and then we have episode 9 and we still don't have important characters from episodes 7 and 8, plus the possible stand alone movies about Boba and Obi wan, if they happen. It's just too much content and only whales will be able to afford all of it, meaning most of the community will only be able to pick a few characters leaving the other half untouched.

I just don't see how that could be made possible, and Revan specifically would have to be some type of Meta and not one that will easily go away because a few months down the road a new character comes and all of a sudden they must beat Revan for the meta to naturally change. We risk getting the power creep out of control to the point where it makes no sense at all.

The game has some balance as it is now, let's keep it this way until more people can catch up before we start talking about more old republic content.

Replies

• Options
    You speak nonsense, my friend.
  • Options
    Just because you can't imagine what it would look like, does not mean they wouldn't. Almost all of the toons have abilities that fit with cannon. What I find most amusing is that you think CG does not know who Malak or Revan is, as if they don't have access to the entire library of Star Wars, or even have to ability to...you know google a name? I disagree with some of their design decisions when it comes with how much money they make off of us (I think mobile RIO is inflated compared to PC and other games), but I have never questioned their ability to know Star Wars or build good toons.
  • Options
    You say revan would be out of place just because you don't care for him? What about CUP? Have you even seen him on a movie? Series? Mob enforcer? No one cares for them or has any idea who they are (or vaguely) and yet they are in game.

Personally, I didn't know who revan was until I played kotor a few months ago. Still I would have supported him as I knew a lot of people like him.
  • Options
    RekiemD wrote: »

• OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They said the game has balance lol
  • Options
    You say revan would be out of place just because you don't care for him? What about CUP? Have you even seen him on a movie? Series? Mob enforcer? No one cares for them or has any idea who they are (or vaguely) and yet they are in game.

Personally, I didn't know who revan was until I played kotor a few months ago. Still I would have supported him as I knew a lot of people like him.

Actually you do, they are in the clone wars
  • Options

Actually you do, they are in the clone wars

Ok, assume they were in clone wars (I'm still looking for ME there). Who likes them? Who says they're their favorite char? Who would want them added if they weren't in game?

Now ask the same for revan
  • Options
    I'd like a bit more Old Republic content. I like that the game covers a wide range of Galactic history (regardless of whether it's considered canon or not).
  • Options
    We risk getting the power creep out of control to the point where it makes no sense at all.

Embrace your destiny.
  • Options
    What else are they going to do, release another Han?

Seriously to keep the game engaging they need to keep releasing content and that means stretching to new characters. Sure Revan will introduce a new meta but eventually they'll release something else to turn things in another direction. We've been on a dark side kick for awhile with Sith and Palpatine it's starting to shift to the light with Bastilla and Jedi, Revan will push it farther that way Malak or some other dark side figure will push it back after that. It's a constantly moving game.
  • Options
    We need Endor Han with Ewok synergy
  • Options
    I didn't care after the first para. Mate, they have already established, quite clearly, that they are hardcore fans of the game. So yeah,

• Options
    Caldis wrote: »

Seriously to keep the game engaging they need to keep releasing content and that means stretching to new characters. Sure Revan will introduce a new meta but eventually they'll release something else to turn things in another direction. We've been on a dark side kick for awhile with Sith and Palpatine it's starting to shift to the light with Bastilla and Jedi, Revan will push it farther that way Malak or some other dark side figure will push it back after that. It's a constantly moving game.

How about:

Snoke and his guards
    Hux
    Episode 9 Kylo Ren
    Episode 9 Finn
    Episode 9 Poe
    More FO and resistance toons from episode 9
    Beckett
    Different version of Darth Maul
    Agent Kallus
    Mundi
    Dark side Anakin
    More separatist characters

• Options

How about:

Snoke and his guards
    Hux
    Episode 9 Kylo Ren
    Episode 9 Finn
    Episode 9 Poe
    Beckett
    Agent Kallus
    Mundi
    Dark side Anakin

Snoke, a guy who died the worse star wars death ever. His guards are ok.
    Then you propose 3 different versions of toons we already have from a movie who is not even out, nice.
    FO and resistance from episode 9 are nothing, the movie doesn't exist yet.
    Beckett...I doubt he will be released by now, and i really hope he won't have a legenday.
    Mundi is ok, Dark side Anakin will probably be released EVENTUALLY.

Your ideas of toons are pretty much different versions of toons that already exist or some funny ideas you have about releasing toons of movies that don't exist yet.
  • Options

How about:

Snoke and his guards
    Hux
    Episode 9 Kylo Ren
    Episode 9 Finn
    Episode 9 Poe
    Beckett
    Agent Kallus
    Mundi
    Dark side Anakin

Snoke, a guy who died the worse star wars death ever. His guards are ok.
    Then you propose 3 different versions of toons we already have from a movie who is not even out, nice.
    FO and resistance from episode 9 are nothing, the movie doesn't exist yet.
    Beckett...I doubt he will be released by now, and i really hope he won't have a legenday.
    Mundi is ok, Dark side Anakin will probably be released EVENTUALLY.

Your ideas of toons are pretty much different versions of toons that already exist or some funny ideas you have about releasing toons of movies that don't exist yet.

My biggest fear is that when you step into the realms of the non cannonic old republic territories then you see alot of weard stuff that I simply don't like to see in star wars. You can actually get an idea if you have played star wars the old republic MMO. We have characters like Vitiate, the Dread Masters, the whole Zakkul story line, the outlander and all that. It's simply excessive content which simply should not exist in this game.

Revan wouldn't be as excessive but then we start talking about Malak and after that you jump into Bane and all the other Sith. How long after that do you think that people will start asking for Malgus and Darth Marr? Then you're in the doorstep of SWTOR. I would simply like to keep things cannon, the expanded universe is too vague and seems like nothing but a money grab.
  • Options
    xwh21erjfbhx.jpg

:smirk: Wait a minute, I'm confused... what was the question again now?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I love the OT passionately, and my favourite character in Star Wars is Luke; but, op, if you haven't already looked into Revan's story, I strongly encourage you to read his full story - there's a graphic novel series that I personally would recommend. Anyway, Revan's story is amazing, and he is hands down my favourite character outside of the OT, and possibly my favourite character after Luke.
  • CommanderRacheon
    123 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

How about:

Snoke and his guards
    Hux
    Episode 9 Kylo Ren
    Episode 9 Finn
    Episode 9 Poe
    Beckett
    Agent Kallus
    Mundi
    Dark side Anakin

I guess Snoke might be cool to add, and I would love the Elite Praetorian Guards (hence my profile pic), and Hux with a Capital Ship would be cool, but why the next 4, Beckett and the different version of Darth Maul would be cool I guess (although I haven't watched Solo yet), why Ki Adi Mundi, and don't we already have dark side Anakin? He's Darth Vader by the way.