Raid rankings same score tie breaker algorithm

No_Try
4051 posts Member
edited September 2018
I've been watching this for quite a while. I didn't put down for any records but it held correct each time. The idea is that your tiebreaker ranking is decided at the moment you register for the raid.

What does it matter?

Aside from Rancy, there are not many ties possible. On Rancy though your ranking amongst your peers will hold after soloing it. i.e. if you are 50th on the zero score registry, you'll be the last amongst the soloers if you solo it. Or you'll still be the 1st amongst soloers if you ranked 1st on registry. Naturally this case will hold true too if you are somewhere in between.

I've been basing my decision to solo on this for quite a while. Confirm or debunk if you have experience about it too.

Replies

• yes it was changed to work that way a long time ago because people didnt like their ID being used to alphabetically choose where they ranked
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    yes it was changed to work that way a long time ago because people didnt like their ID being used to alphabetically choose where they ranked

Yea, but they didn't disclose it won't ever shuffle randomly. I bet people are still soloing just to try their luck at top 3 even if they rank low at 0 registry.
  • Rancor should just be solo by the guy in 1st after registration and save 49 people 5-10 minutes.
  • yes they did, they said wherever you place when you hit 0 score is where you would place at the end.
    if you are 1st when you go into the raid you will finish in 1st.
    if you were 50th but only you + 9 others finish the raid you will rank 10th.
    if you are 50th + 50 solo it you will rank 50th
    this was explained a long time ago..........
    yes they did, they said wherever you place when you hit 0 score is where you would place at the end.
    if you are 1st when you go into the raid you will finish in 1st.
    if you were 50th but only you + 9 others finish the raid you will rank 10th.
    if you are 50th + 50 solo it you will rank 50th
    this was explained a long time ago..........

Can you share the source please? I know that they said it's random, it's just not purely random in the current case.
  • yep sure wait ill spend my day searching for a comment in a thread from what a year or 2 ago.
    it has been this way since they changed it from using your game ID which was alphabetical and was never random.
    it has been stated many many times in this forum how it works, it IS totally random where you will place and is decided when you either post 0 score or hit join. RNG decides then and there its random.. unlike the way it used to be when it used the players ID and was alphabetical
    yep sure wait ill spend my day searching for a comment in a thread from what a year or 2 ago.
    it has been this way since they changed it from using your game ID which was alphabetical and was never random.
    it has been stated many many times in this forum how it works, it IS totally random where you will place and is decided when you either post 0 score or hit join. RNG decides then and there its random.. unlike the way it used to be when it used the players ID and was alphabetical

I already found and posted the announcement. What you claim is nowhere to be stated. If it WAS fully random, the roll would be made on each case of tie. However in the current case it's only decided once at the beginning.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    yep sure wait ill spend my day searching for a comment in a thread from what a year or 2 ago.

I already found and posted the announcement. What you claim is nowhere to be stated. If it WAS fully random, the roll would be made on each case of tie. However in the current case it's only decided once at the beginning.

That's still fully random though.
  • Boov wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Fully random would happen each time a tie happens, no?

I'm not saying it needs be made that way. Just putting the current case out there.
  • No, the fully random is at the start. So instead of say looking at your Player ID, it assigns a new ID to determine tie breakers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You are randomly given a number to sort you out of 50, this happens when you join or score damage.

You are then sorted by your score first, then the number you are given for the final results.

Yes if you are 50 you will be the lowest of the solo scores.

If you are 50 and the only solo, you will still get 1.

It's a pretty fair system, but there really should be a solo loot box to encourage people to play and not score 0.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Fully random would happen each time a tie happens, no?

I'm not saying it needs be made that way. Just putting the current case out there.

It's allready fully random at the start, so it can't be more random than that. Additional RNG rolls wouldn't effect the outcome, each player will still have exactly the same chance for #1 if everyone solos the raid.
    That said, i only solo the raid if i'm top3 with my 0 score. If they changed it to your definition of fully random i'd never solo the raid agian, thus my guild mates would effectively have a better chance at #1 ;)