How to develop the roster?

Hi everyone!

With so many teams now, which one do you think are the most needed/allround used ? Playing around 6m so don’t have that huge of developed teams.

https://swgoh.gg/p/619229668/

Added my swgoh.gg profile.

So as i see it:
1- go phoenix ( have them at G8 mostly and don’t think they are much use later on, correct me if i am wrong)

2- sith/empire (my main team currently)

3- resistance JTR team for raids

What teams are worth investing in?

First order ? Nightsisters ? Bounty hunters ?

Understand that some of my current teams are undergrared but who shall i farm and level up while gearing current teams?

Or just maybe some ideas of current ways of developing the roster in most efficient way?

Cheers

Replies

• Options
    Whatever team you choose to build first, or next, build one team at a time. Ignore the meta, fotm, etc.. Just focus on one team. Get it to 7* as soon as possible, gear as you can, and just stay focused. If events roll in, grab the new hero (If you can't, it'll be back again) and park it and get back to your team build. I can't stress this highly enough. And most important, DO NOT SPEND GEMS ON PACKS. ONLY SPEND GEMS ON ENERGY REFRESHES AND BUYING GEAR!
  • Options
    Ignoring the meta cripples your crystal and squad currency income.

Phoenix gets you Palpatine and Thrawn.

Ezra and Kanan are 2/5 Jedi for GMY. Ezra is used in raids, and Kanan is a decent 5th for a zBastila arena team until you get Hoda. Ezra is worth taking to G12+.

Old Ben is arguably better than GK on that team, and you need him for CLS (used everywhere).

You might want to think about a Jedi team.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If your not whaling, ignore the meta @DuneSeaFarmer is spot on about that, pick what you want to pick for a squad, star to 7* gear to 8/9/10 probably 9, then bits as you get them. Then pick a different 5, star them and repeat over..keep going till you feel you have a handle on what works, then, look at the meta, don’t stress about main arena, you will climb as you get better. Ships are something to think about building up as the rewards from there are a lot more helpful to your progress.

Also look at your guild, are you running hpit/haat? Build to it, if your stuck doing tier 5/6 then you need to move on..

@Morgan_Winter the op already had palp and thrawn, so not sure your advice is super relevant, apart from bastilla being flavour of the week
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Old ben for CLS. You already have all others ready (including 7* empire for R2D2).

Veterans for JTR (you already have them at 6*)

Your imperial troopers and bountyhunters are fairly week. Both are needed for special missions in DS TB and also do well in TB combats, TW and sith raid. Both teams are fun to play. I would farm them at least enough to do the missions in TB. Further farming would depend on what your guild needs. Snowtrooper shards drop fairly often from bronziums. Prioritize DT after you're ready for both JTR and CLS.

Gearing Asajj and putting a zeta on her unique would help you greatly in hAAT. Farming a team of 5* NS will give you access to further NS shard through the monthly event.

Your arena team could do with a few more zetas, but only spend those, if you're not planning on switching to f.ex. Bastilla / jedi or BH.

• Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @Morgan_Winter the op already had palp and thrawn, so not sure your advice is super relevant, apart from bastilla being flavour of the week

4* zBastila gets me 400+ crystals per day. Which allows me to farm characters, gear, and mods more quickly than when I was getting 100 crystals per day with my Empire team. I reached 85 two weeks ago and I'm competing against 7* G12 Nightmare teams in arena. Those players have at least a two month lead on me, but I stay competitive and get to farm all the other teams I need more quickly because I didn't ignore the meta.

The larger point is work on whatever is going to increase your income (shards, crystals, credits, gear salvage, etc). For example, I got 7* Jyn so I could run her with a zVader team to solo HPit and get top 3 rewards every two days instead of top 15. Which means I'll 7* Raid Han much faster, and once CLS event comes back, I'll be able to solo P1 HAAT. I'll be farming Nightsisters in the meantime for P2-4. Top 3 in HAAT means I'll be able gear teams for HSTR more quickly.