How to easily get speed set mods?

So my shard is fairly new. Highest level is 70ish and the top players have like 15 4-5* blue - gold speed set mods!? I'm only 10 levels lower than them and would be lucky to see blue speed mods in the store. I'm tier 6 of mod nodes too. Is there another way to get them?

Replies

• It’s all RNG. Top players usually are whales that spend a ton of money to get a ton of mods to offset the RNG process by sheer volume of mods. The Mod shop helps too, if you have the credits. That’s where I got most of mine.
  • You can't only rely on store mods. You have to farm them from mod challenges. Forget about upgrading for a bit until you manage to suit all your arena toons with mods. Then upgrade them and cross your fingers for additional speed secondary bumps.
  • I have about 70 toons fully modded, and modded well enough to do very well for my f2p status. I haven’t farmed mods from challenges in a year. Got all mine from events and the store. The mod challenges ridiculously RNG dependent and the store/events seem to give better options than luck.
  • From where you are right now, I would say the fastest way to get them would be to concentrate on a phoenix team and use them to get through tier 8 of mod nodes, then do the speed challenges.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have about 70 toons fully modded, and modded well enough to do very well for my f2p status. I haven’t farmed mods from challenges in a year. Got all mine from events and the store. The mod challenges ridiculously RNG dependent and the store/events seem to give better options than luck.

That's your pick then, I have all my toons fully modded and leveled. Most of my best mods are from farming dilligently for a long time...and many of them are speed sets which events never give. You can see the status at my profile.

The ops question was particularly about speed sets.

• When I started I spent 6m in shop for speed mods on Count Dooku. he even went before han solo 😉
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    3* the Tier 3 challenge and then farm, farm, farm. Sell the mods you don't want. Rinse'n'repeat.

Be glad that you can use any squad you want now.
  • Tr
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    3* the Tier 3 challenge and then farm, farm, farm. Sell the mods you don't want. Rinse'n'repeat.

Be glad that you can use any squad you want now.

Very true