No credit for TB node because of trash game design

Was using a Nightsister squad and was unable to finish one of the missions because I got stuck in an endless assist loop. Everyone was alive, then they killed Talzin, Daka, and Asajj with endless assists. After that, it was just Zombie being killed over and over again while Acolyte waited for a turn to attack. This is archaic game design. As bad as old arcade machines that would kill you just to get more quarters. I waited OVER AN HOUR to get just ONE turn and it never happened. I had to quit out just so I could claim energy before it went away. Of course, I got 0 points instead of at least what I should have gotten for completing the first 3 waves. This is GARBAGE game design and should be fixed immediately. But, they don't give a **** because it won't make them money. All they see are $$$$ signs.

HOW ABOUT FIXING THIS TRASH.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    If you feel this is an issue. Please report to Answers HQ.

It's also advised that you use not zombies or not acolyte past phase 3.

<<Answers HQ>>

• Was using a Nightsister squad and was unable to finish one of the missions because I got stuck in an endless assist loop. Everyone was alive, then they killed Talzin, Daka, and Asajj with endless assists. After that, it was just Zombie being killed over and over again while Acolyte waited for a turn to attack. This is archaic game design. As bad as old arcade machines that would kill you just to get more quarters. I waited OVER AN HOUR to get just ONE turn and it never happened. I had to quit out just so I could claim energy before it went away. Of course, I got 0 points instead of at least what I should have gotten for completing the first 3 waves. This is GARBAGE game design and should be fixed immediately. But, they don't give a **** because it won't make them money. All they see are $$$$ signs.

HOW ABOUT FIXING THIS TRASH.

Unless this is the first TB you're using NS, you should know better not to use weak zombie and acolyte.
  • Kyno wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

Everytime someone complains on AnswersHQ, the Devs there report it is working as intended, and that players should post on the Feedback forum.

I created a post on that feedback page months ago - feel free to add to it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173599/please-provide-an-out-for-endless-loops-in-dark-side-tb#latest

Ironically, Kyno replied that saying it's not a bug, but now is referring people to report it as a bug. :wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

Everytime someone complains on AnswersHQ, the Devs there report it is working as intended, and that players should post on the Feedback forum.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173599/please-provide-an-out-for-endless-loops-in-dark-side-tb#latest

Ironically, Kyno replied that saying it's not a bug, but now is referring people to report it as a bug. :wink:

@jkray622 it is not a bug, I referred to it as an issue. Bugs and issues are 2 different things. We report AI changes as issues, because we want them changed even though they in and of themselves are not broken. This is a similar situation.
  • jkray622 wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

I'm with Kyno on this one. It's not a bug. It's a well known interaction. It is the OP's fault for trying to use that team in that situation. Don't use that team and it won't happen.

<<Answers HQ>>

@jkray622 it is not a bug, I referred to it as an issue. Bugs and issues are 2 different things. We report AI changes as issues, because we want them changed even though they in and of themselves are not broken. This is a similar situation.

AnswersHQ is not for "issues." It's only for bugs. If something is a bug, refer them to AnswersHQ. If something is an issue, then refer them to the Feedback forum, since that's where EA_HighCommand and EA_MindTricks will send them anyway.
  • StarSon wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

I'm with Kyno on this one. It's not a bug. It's a well known interaction. It is the OP's fault for trying to use that team in that situation. Don't use that team and it won't happen.

And I believe that it's poor game design that allows a player to become trapped, with their only option being forfeiting all progress to date. Thus, as players in the game, our option is to raise awareness in the Feedback section that this is a problem for a subset of players, and hope that the Devs actually pay attention to what is mentioned there.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

And I believe that it's poor game design that allows a player to become trapped, with their only option being forfeiting all progress to date. Thus, as players in the game, our option is to raise awareness in the Feedback section that this is a problem for a subset of players, and hope that the Devs actually pay attention to what is mentioned there.

I bet the devs do pay attention, and have no reason to care. It is a mechanic that has been in the game for almost a year. Apparently everyone but you knows not to use that team, specifically because doing so causes this to happen. It's not a bug. It's not an issue. It's your fault for using it, knowing what it does.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

<<Answers HQ>>

AnswersHQ is not for "issues." It's only for bugs. If something is a bug, refer them to AnswersHQ. If something is an issue, then refer them to the Feedback forum, since that's where EA_HighCommand and EA_MindTricks will send them anyway.

Bugs and issues are referred to the same place. Answers HQ.

Spelling mistakes
    Translations errors
    And other things like this, are not bugs, they are issues and all referred to the same place, Answers HQ.
  • StarSon wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

I bet the devs do pay attention, and have no reason to care. It is a mechanic that has been in the game for almost a year. Apparently everyone but you knows not to use that team, specifically because doing so causes this to happen. It's not a bug. It's not an issue. It's your fault for using it, knowing what it does.

Your opinion is it’s not an issue. Other people think that not being able to interact with the game in any way because of an endless loop is an issue. It’s not about what team you are using or knowing about it or whatever. It’s about softlocks being bad game design, period.
    You should never be in a position where your only option is a hard reset, especially when you didn’t do anything wrong and everything is supposed to be working as intended.

So you can just stop being condescending and understand that even though you seem to think a softlock is not a problem, some people disagree and have every right to do so. They are not ignorant, they are not limited, they just disagree with you.
  • I agree, although some may not think it's an issue because you can avoid it by not using that team - it is still poor game design. If you get in that setup the only resolution is to force close the game. If the flow is expected there should at least be an ai timeout after X amount of seconds of only them taking actions that enables the forfeit button. Put a sanity check on the number of zombie revives in a phase, do something...

Keep in mind not everyone is glued to the forums to know about this interaction. So, many people learn about the behavior the hard way. And although that may not affect you specifically, it is a terrible experience for that user.
  • JohnAran wrote: »

<<Answers HQ>>

Your opinion is it’s not an issue. Other people think that not being able to interact with the game in any way because of an endless loop is an issue. It’s not about what team you are using or knowing about it or whatever. It’s about softlocks being bad game design, period.
    You should never be in a position where your only option is a hard reset, especially when you didn’t do anything wrong and everything is supposed to be working as intended.

So you can just stop being condescending and understand that even though you seem to think a softlock is not a problem, some people disagree and have every right to do so. They are not ignorant, they are not limited, they just disagree with you.

Not trying to be condescending. It just doesn’t make sense to purposefully use a team that you know can cause that condition.

People have been complaining about it for months. It’s entirely possible the Zombie changes will address this.

<<Answers HQ>>

Spelling mistakes
    Translations errors
    And other things like this, are not bugs, they are issues and all referred to the same place, Answers HQ.

I know you're a moderator here, and you're used to your word being law.

I'm a Champion on the AnswersHQ board. This issue does NOT belong there. EA_MindTricks & EA_HighCommand always refer the people who report this "issue" to the Feedback forum. This does not belong on AnswersHQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Forever-loop-Bug-in-Territory-Battles/m-p/6879093/highlight/true#
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DSTB-Infitite-Loop-with-Nightsisters/m-p/6748778/highlight/true#M11601
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Infinite-TB-loop-Vader-vs-Hoth-Rebel-Commanders/m-p/6987034/highlight/true#M16779
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DSTB-Nightsister-Loop-Prevented-Rewards/m-p/6990129/highlight/true#M16831
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Zombie-Loop-in-DS-TB/m-p/6696369/highlight/true#M10713

Please do not refer these people to the wrong board.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

<<Answers HQ>>

Spelling mistakes
    Translations errors

I know you're a moderator here, and you're used to your word being law.

I'm a Champion on the AnswersHQ board. This issue does NOT belong there. EA_MindTricks & EA_HighCommand always refer the people who report this "issue" to the Feedback forum. This does not belong on AnswersHQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Forever-loop-Bug-in-Territory-Battles/m-p/6879093/highlight/true#
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DSTB-Infitite-Loop-with-Nightsisters/m-p/6748778/highlight/true#M11601
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Infinite-TB-loop-Vader-vs-Hoth-Rebel-Commanders/m-p/6987034/highlight/true#M16779
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DSTB-Nightsister-Loop-Prevented-Rewards/m-p/6990129/highlight/true#M16831
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Zombie-Loop-in-DS-TB/m-p/6696369/highlight/true#M10713

Please do not refer these people to the wrong board.

No, I am not trying to say I'm the law here. I dont work for EA,CG or any entity in a capacity to make those decisions. We are directed to send all bugs and issues to the Answers HQ forum, and let them sort it out.

As you can see from the very first link, he is suggesting you put your feedback about the solution here. That doesnt mean that people should not refer to Answers HQ for information and to report things about bugs and issues.

You are trying to say Answers HQ is not for issues, it is, that is what I was talking about. If they say this is WAI and not an issue, fine, but the player base may feel it is and discussing this here is less effective then documented reports like they do on Answers HQ.
    No, I am not trying to say I'm the law here. I dont work for EA,CG or any entity in a capacity to make those decisions. We are directed to send all bugs and issues to the Answers HQ forum, and let them sort it out.

As you can see from the very first link, he is suggesting you put your feedback about the solution here. That doesnt mean that people should not refer to Answers HQ for information and to report things about bugs and issues.

You are trying to say Answers HQ is not for issues, it is, that is what I was talking about. If they say this is WAI and not an issue, fine, but the player base may feel it is and discussing this here is less effective then documented reports like they do on Answers HQ.

I wasn't trying to imply you're an EA or CG employee. Kind of the opposite actually - since the EA employees on AnswersHQ are referring people with this issue to post in the Feedback forum, I thought it's counterproductive for you to do the opposite. I'd assume their authority trumps yours in this matter.

Perhaps you've been given general guidelines that "bugs and issues" should be reported to AnswersHQ, but I think that if you're aware of an answer, it is more productive to inform others of the resolution and refer them to the feedback forum to have their voices heard? Instead, you're spending a similar amount of time typing a post to send them to AnswersHQ, but now you're adding to the noise and workload over there - just to have them be returned here.

Perhaps you could even provide one of the links above that I pasted - that way you can let them know it's been reported on AnswersHQ, and there is the "solution."

In the end, sending them to AnswersHQ to make a new post seems counterproductive to me. I'm trying to help - individuals with this concern need to end up in the Feedback Forum.
  • Solution: use Spirit instead. No infinite loop, and she will surprise you in a good way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I wasn't trying to imply you're an EA or CG employee. Kind of the opposite actually - since the EA employees on AnswersHQ are referring people with this issue to post in the Feedback forum, I thought it's counterproductive for you to do the opposite. I'd assume their authority trumps yours in this matter.

Perhaps you've been given general guidelines that "bugs and issues" should be reported to AnswersHQ, but I think that if you're aware of an answer, it is more productive to inform others of the resolution and refer them to the feedback forum to have their voices heard? Instead, you're spending a similar amount of time typing a post to send them to AnswersHQ, but now you're adding to the noise and workload over there - just to have them be returned here.

Perhaps you could even provide one of the links above that I pasted - that way you can let them know it's been reported on AnswersHQ, and there is the "solution."

In the end, sending them to AnswersHQ to make a new post seems counterproductive to me. I'm trying to help - individuals with this concern need to end up in the Feedback Forum.

All I did was make a suggestion, I didnt archive it and say this is not the place.

I didnt know anything about that response from them, I am rarely on that forum unless to search for information on a bug or issue, or to report one.

Again, all I made was a suggestion, people feel something is an issue, it doesnt matter if we are told its WAI (look at zombie) things do change. Discussing it here with an issue like this can leave people feeling ignored, because this type of situation "feels broken" when it's not, and this can lead to conversations like this, that will not really get as much attention as they could if many people feel this way and report it. Making noise on an issue like this at Answers HQ can have results and that is what they are prepared for over there.

There are many (not just me) that don't feel this is broken, at least not to the extent the OP does, so this is getting mixed feedback, over there it will get very little of this and it will be logged, which creates a record that will never match what posts here do as far as awareness. I was just trying to help.
  • Easy fix, only use NS in the south territories.