Can leader/unique abilities "double dip?"

Some leadership or unique abilities affect multiple faction tags - will a character bearing more than one of these tags receive twice the benefit?

Examples:

Lando Calrissian grants 15 Speed and 29% Crit Damage to Rebels and Scoundrels. Raid Han is both a Rebel and a Scoundrel, so does he get 30 Speed and 58% Crit Damage?

Zeta'd R2D2 gives 10% of a bunch of his stats to Rebels, Resistance, Republic, and Droids - Chopper and BB8 each have two of those tags, so do they get 20%?

I only included two examples since one is a leader ability and one is a unique, and they could conceivably behave differently.

Replies

  • They absolutely can. I don’t know about those specific instances though. Unfortunately this game is known for its inconsistency, so I won’t assume those work double just because something like Vader’s does.
  • In the instance of the lando example, No i dont believe thats how that works.
  • Afaik if leaders bestow different boni to different factions, they get both of them (like Vader getting Health recovery AND turn meter from EP lead because he is both Empire and Sith).
    If leaders just bestow one bonus to different factions, they only get it once. At least I‘m reasonably sure that‘s how it works.
  • There's at least one example of a unique ability 'double dipping'. Vader's unique grants speed fir each empire and sith ally. In the case of Palpatine (and Vader himself) who has both of these tags, Vader gets the speed bonus twice - once for each tag.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • vksg wrote: »
    To emphasize what FailingCrab said: The keyword you are looking for is 'for each of the following'.
    A search over all abilities reveals that there are currently 4 occasions in which the same (positive or negative) effect can be triggered and applied multiple times:
    • Darth Vader - U- No Escape At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy...
    • Emperor Palpatine - U - Crackling Doom While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel...
    • Sabine Wren - B - Blasters Akimbo Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice. This attack scores an additional hit for each of the following if the target: - Has less than 70% Turn Meter - Has less than 30% Turn Meter - The target is debuffed Hits after the first deal 75% less damage.
    • Rey (Jedi Training) - B - Connected Strikes Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Damage is increased by 25% for each of the following: Rey has no debuffs; Rey has any buffs; the target has no buffs; the target has any debuffs.
    If the keyword is missing (most occasions), an effect may be triggered by different conditions, but is applied exactly one time.
    • Example1: Darth Vader - L- Inspiring Through Fear Empire and Sith allies have +30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy...
    • Example2: Emperor Palpatine - L - Emperor of the Galactic Empire Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion.
      When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health.
      When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
      => The spoilered part of Palp's ability shows a second possibility of multiple [different] effects applied for being both Empire and Sith. Since it is two separated definitions/sentences, it should be obvious and doesn't need the additional keyword.

    The level of detail in this explanation is much appreciated
  • vksg wrote: »
    To emphasize what FailingCrab said: The keyword you are looking for is 'for each of the following'.
    A search over all abilities reveals that there are currently 4 occasions in which the same (positive or negative) effect can be triggered and applied multiple times:
    • Darth Vader - U- No Escape At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy...
    • Emperor Palpatine - U - Crackling Doom While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel...
    • Sabine Wren - B - Blasters Akimbo Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice. This attack scores an additional hit for each of the following if the target: - Has less than 70% Turn Meter - Has less than 30% Turn Meter - The target is debuffed Hits after the first deal 75% less damage.
    • Rey (Jedi Training) - B - Connected Strikes Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Damage is increased by 25% for each of the following: Rey has no debuffs; Rey has any buffs; the target has no buffs; the target has any debuffs.
    If the keyword is missing (most occasions), an effect may be triggered by different conditions, but is applied exactly one time.
    • Example1: Darth Vader - L- Inspiring Through Fear Empire and Sith allies have +30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy...
    • Example2: Emperor Palpatine - L - Emperor of the Galactic Empire Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion.
      When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health.
      When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
      => The spoilered part of Palp's ability shows a second possibility of multiple [different] effects applied for being both Empire and Sith. Since it is two separated definitions/sentences, it should be obvious and doesn't need the additional keyword.

    Nominating this for Best Of
Sign In or Register to comment.