Different mod sets

Ultra
11502 posts Moderator
Can we get different mod sets according to the recommended mods for the marquee toons? Getting health mods for marquees and assault battles is pretty boring and new players can't take advantage of the recommended mod feature if the inventory is full of health mods.

Replies

• Options
    The recommended mod system is broken. Better off using crouching rancor or similar.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    The recommended mod system is broken. Better off using crouching rancor or similar.

OP's point still stands. I doubt crouching rancor would recommend all health mods.
  • Options
    It's not really for you to get specific mods, it's just to help out the people that have very few excess mods. Health mods are a fine start. If you want specific sets, go farm them.
  • Egosumlegio
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    all levels have a different perspective of the game, personally i would never farm health mods.... i farm mostly crit damage, speed and offense. so getting supplemental health mods is a good deal for me. not that getting crit dam for attackers marquis wouldnt be great. it surely would!

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    It's not really for you to get specific mods, it's just to help out the people that have very few excess mods. Health mods are a fine start. If you want specific sets, go farm them.
    I think its weird that you are providing health sets with Jango Fett and recommending non-health sets. It seems illogical. "Here's Jango Fett, and here are some mods that you can use with him but don't put health mods on him he works better with Critical Chance instead."

Farming is fine if you get bad drops / want higher tier mods / more of the same.

You can always farm health sets too. Health sets made sense when the other mod sets were locked behind specific factions (so your gear / effort farming specific factions was worth while) but now that they are accessible to everyone might as well rework the marquee rewards.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    all levels have a different perspective of the game, personally i would never farm health mods.... i farm mostly crit damage, speed and offense. so getting supplemental health mods is a good deal for me. not that getting crit dam for attackers marquis wouldnt be great. it surely would!
    Health mods is good but so is other supplemental mods such as tenacity, critical chance, and potency. Those farming health sets aren't benefiting here and assault battles also give you tons of health mods and they last for two days.

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think its weird that you are providing health sets with Jango Fett and recommending non-health sets. It seems illogical. "Here's Jango Fett, and here are some mods that you can use with him but don't put health mods on him he works better with Critical Chance instead."

Farming is fine if you get bad drops / want higher tier mods / more of the same.

You can always farm health sets too. Health sets made sense when the other mod sets were locked behind specific factions (so your gear / effort farming specific factions was worth while) but now that they are accessible to everyone might as well rework the marquee rewards.

You are making a connection where there isn't one, though. They aren't giving you mods *for* Jango (or whatever marquee), they're just giving you mods. Most likely because so few people were using them, they're trying to push them on us, and health mods are (were, I guess) the easiest to obtain.
    evoluza wrote: »
    They never give out the good stuff

They give out good mods in other events.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

You are making a connection where there isn't one, though. They aren't giving you mods *for* Jango (or whatever marquee), they're just giving you mods. Most likely because so few people were using them, they're trying to push them on us, and health mods are (were, I guess) the easiest to obtain.
    Yes. I am saying that instead of just giving general mods, adjust it to give mods that fit the character we are getting.
  • Options

Yes. I am saying that instead of just giving general mods, adjust it to give mods that fit the character we are getting.

I disagree, then. There is no need for that.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Health mods are never terrible on any character (with one exception). That's why they tend to give those out more frequently. Other than Nightsister Zombie, nobody has ever wanted less health on a character.