Rancor Question.

Can someone please unconfuse me. A full solo of the rancor is 10.3 something million.

I joined the rancor raid tonight with the rancor at 100% health on phase one.

I completely soloed the content. I scored 1.2 something million.

Why did I score 1.2 instead of 1.3?

Replies

• are you sure once the game loaded you into the mission (raid) that it was still 100%
    i know a few times for me the damage changed when i got into battle (either a percent mission for entering into a different phase then it said)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    flux_rono wrote: »
    are you sure once the game loaded you into the mission (raid) that it was still 100%
    i know a few times for me the damage changed when i got into battle (either a percent mission for entering into a different phase then it said)

This. did you see 100% on the captain when in the raid?
  • You know to be totally honest I am not sure. All I know for certain is that I started immediately on the start signal upon the expiration of the 24 wait we have.

If I started the same time as the other soloers, I should have posted the same score.

I suppose its certainly possible that somehow I started 2 seconds after everyone else. I just don't believe it.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @terascque

Even if you start "2 seconds after", it shouldn't matter because damage isn't registered until the run in question is completed. It doesn't live-update the raid damage as you progress.

What most likely occurred is someone went in and scored a very low score of 50-100k, in the first minute or so and then you started.

What I do to give Guild mates a chance is this:

- Load my run right as soon as the join period ends.
    - Put phone off to the side and check every 5-10 minutes
    - when the "Phase 3 Completed" notification is in the chat window at the bottom I start my run on the Pigs.
    - even if someone instantly defeated phase 4 at that point you still have the 1-hour finalizing window to complete your solo run which is more than enough even for a Zader team.
    - everyone who joined at least has a shot of registering some damage.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @terascque

Even if you start "2 seconds after", it shouldn't matter because damage isn't registered until the run in question is completed. It doesn't live-update the raid damage as you progress.

What most likely occurred is someone went in and scored a very low score of 50-100k, in the first minute or so and then you started.

- when the "Phase 3 Completed" notification is in the chat window at the bottom I start my run on the Pigs.
    - even if someone instantly defeated phase 4 at that point you still have the 1-hour finalizing window to complete your solo run which is more than enough even for a Zader team.

i do pretty much the same thing, but instead of waiting i do 99% of my run then wait for the phase 3 has been complete message to show up. then i wait a couple more to actually do the last hit
  • @flux_rono
    Yeah, two different ways to do the same thing. I do either/or, depending on whether I have the time to start it right away or not.

Last time I did that, I left it at 5% remaining, and when I came back there was a forced "Client Must be Restarted" message. Was pretty frustrated...
    @terascque

team player right here. good form, chap.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Our guild has a post time--ie, if the join period ends at 7, you can put your team in, but no posting until 7:20. That gives people flexibility for when they have to get in. If you get in close enough to post time, you can still hit auto.
  • A few good points here, but nobody has asked the first question that should have been asked .... Did you start with the pigs and then go through 3 phases fighting the rancor? If not, you didn't solo..... If yes, then something is wrong with your score.....
  • @BubbaFett @terascque

Valid point Bubba. OP stated Rancor was 100% health. The Rancor isn't in phase 1. Is it possible you solo'd one phase at the end of the raid?

OP - Are we talking Heroic tier?

10.3 million is the total raid health for the entire Heroic Pit.

OP - Your 1.2 million is is about 11% of the total needed to solo. I had assumed you meant 10.2 million but maybe it was indeed 1.2 million.
  • It's kind of easy, look at the scoreboard and find the guy that has nonzero damage adding up to what you miss from a full solo. That guy went in and got out early with a nonsolo team ;)
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    It's kind of easy, look at the scoreboard and find the guy that has nonzero damage adding up to what you miss from a full solo. That guy went in and got out early with a nonsolo team ;)

Except he is missing over 900k....... It's more likely he went in at phase four, finished the rancor off and thought he did a solo......
    @BubbaFett @terascque

Valid point Bubba. OP stated Rancor was 100% health. The Rancor isn't in phase 1. Is it possible you solo'd one phase at the end of the raid?

OP - Are we talking Heroic tier?

10.3 million is the total raid health for the entire Heroic Pit.

OP - Your 1.2 million is is about 11% of the total needed to solo. I had assumed you meant 10.2 million but maybe it was indeed 1.2 million.

if you look at what he said he also misstyped 10.3 million for the tital health at the end. putting 1.3 instead. so you were correct to assume 10.2