Territory Battle missions

JJay
368 posts Member
edited September 2018
I think there’s probably a long list of things the developers need to address in the game, but one thing that has stood out for a while, the difficulty of the final special mission is way off, along with a lot of combat missions.

To go into the final stage special mission and get battered in 1/3 using zeta Veers, Stark,Shore, Snow at close to maxed out, is total nonsense, they are modded reasonably well, and it shouldn’t be something players need to worry about after taking the time to build a team for it.

Can you please take a look at it.

s6sbjybd0o0y.png

Replies

• JJay
    368 posts Member
    I suppose someone will tell me my Troopers aren’t geared up enough, and their mods wasn’t optimal...

https://streamable.com/54ozw
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    There’s no way that team should be having issues completing any mission in TB, we have completed four platoons, so it’s not even as if you can say that’s why.
  • I agree it seems disproportionally difficult.

Some of my guild mates have said they are successful by not using much Trooper synergy. Instead, zVeers lead, Death Trooper, Palpatine, Thrawn, IPD.
  • Likely is an issue with either your mods or kill order then, I used Zveers zstarck magma snow ipd, no platoons filled, and beat it.

Odds are that while a tough node for sure, a few tweaks on your end should show you a successful run.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Likely is an issue with either your mods or kill order then, I used Zveers zstarck magma snow ipd, no platoons filled, and beat it.

Odds are that while a tough node for sure, a few tweaks on your end should show you a successful run.

I think you might be joking... lol , anyway if you’re being serious, take a look at the gear on my Troopers, they should be able to do it with garbage mods on them...

I did say someone will tell me my mods are the reason haha.

Please take a look at the video I posted.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Likely is an issue with either your mods or kill order then, I used Zveers zstarck magma snow ipd, no platoons filled, and beat it.

https://streamable.com/54ozw
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Shore - missing a set bonus
    Snow - missing up to 2 set bonuses
    IPD - missing a set bonus

The only two properly modded are Veers and Starck.

Not saying it's solely causing the problem but little things like that bug me and my German-induced OCD.

And in the first video there are several questionable actions on your end that dragged out Wave 1 and left you without Shore into Wave 2.

Kill order + mods + squad (higher offense (see mods), cleanse, TM control).
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Shore - missing a set bonus
    Snow - missing up to 2 set bonuses
    IPD - missing a set bonus

The only two properly modded are Veers and Starck.

Not saying it's solely causing the problem but little things like that bug me and my German-induced OCD.

And in the first video there are several questionable actions on your end that dragged out Wave 1 and left you without Shore into Wave 2.

Kill order + mods + squad (higher offense (see mods), cleanse, TM control).

Sorry but I have to disagree, Snow is modded for crit chance, which is how he should be, Shore is more than good enough and set bonuses don’t mean anything, stats are what matters, take a look and tell me what he’s lacking, and show me a better Shore that’s not being used in arena..

IPD needs speed and health, that’s it.

And finally, the whole point of my post isn’t about mods, it’s about the fact they are dying when they are close to max gear... it just shouldn’t be happening, irrelevant of mods.

It’s funny because I knew someone would say it’s because of mods lol, I bet my mods are better than 90% of players doing the missions.

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ok. Your Snow is 2 mods away from a set bonus that would grant him +15% offense, yet you're arguing mod set bonuses don't matter. "set bonuses don’t mean anything, stats are what matter".You failed to kill all the enemies so either: A - speed too low, B - offense too low, C - survivability too low, D - strategy/team composition wrong. His two random mods might be granting secondary speed or secondary offense but when combined with losing 15% free offense that doesn't amount to a "good idea" or "great modding". Throwing on random mods that don't add up to a set is just uselessly filling space. Proper modding would fix A, B, C, and D. It all plays into strategy.

Snow: 4x offense or CD, 2x CC (CD set preferred because with all the IT group bonuses he's almost always going to critical)

I'm sure your Shore and IPD are "best outside of arena" but you still lost, so I'm offering advice and you blast me instead. Cool.

Last piece of advice that should clarify it:

Stats DO matter. Mods affect stats. Set bonuses boost stats even further. Therefore: STOP IGNORING SET BONUSES.

Good luck!
  • Also, in your own words:

"IPD needs speed and health, that’s it."

Yet you have him modded with a speed set and then two random crit damage mods. If health is critical, throw a PAIR of health mods on and get the +10% free health bonus...
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Ok. Your Snow is 2 mods away from a set bonus that would grant him +15% offense, yet you're arguing mod set bonuses don't matter. "set bonuses don’t mean anything, stats are what matter".You failed to kill all the enemies so either: A - speed too low, B - offense too low, C - survivability too low, D - strategy/team composition wrong. His two random mods might be granting secondary speed or secondary offense but when combined with losing 15% free offense that doesn't amount to a "good idea" or "great modding". Throwing on random mods that don't add up to a set is just uselessly filling space. Proper modding would fix A, B, C, and D. It all plays into strategy.

Snow: 4x offense or CD, 2x CC (CD set preferred because with all the IT group bonuses he's almost always going to critical)

I'm sure your Shore and IPD are "best outside of arena" but you still lost, so I'm offering advice and you blast me instead. Cool.

Last piece of advice that should clarify it:

Stats DO matter. Mods affect stats. Set bonuses boost stats even further. Therefore: STOP IGNORING SET BONUSES.

Good luck!

Thanks for the rant, I guess it’s the Gerrman coming out in you lol

If you go into my profile on here, you’ll see a link to my swgoh.gg profile, where you can see the stats of my Troopers and IPD.

Set bonuses are awesome, when you’ve got an endless supply of perfect mods with high sub stats that are actually worth having, most of the time that’s not the case, you use sub stats with unmatched mods and get a better result than using matched sets...

Show me your profile with these matched set bonus mods and let’s see who’s mods are better ? how about that.

Snowtrooper needs high crit chance over offense stats, that’s how his kit works, it’s pointless having massive offense when he can’t crit, but I’ll agree to disagree.

Also their speed with Veers zeta lead is probably faster than most players arena mods..
  • I'm merely countering your own arguments as to why your troopers are exceptional but still losing. I mistakenly thought you were seeking advice on how to approach the battle in question. Clearly you were only seeking to rant about how the game is "rigged/out to get you/overclocked".

There are countless more strategy and planning mistakes in your most recent post but I'll avoid providing advice any further. Cheers and good luck.
  • I did it last time with full g11
    zveers(110 speed),
    starck(125),
    snow(95, cd cc set),
    shore(3 defense sets, 28 speed, prot primaries),
    ipd(90, dont let him die).

Was very straightforward, no one died. Just some advice: kill the orange jumpsuits first. Then keep killing the squishy-est enemies one by one. Refrain from using aoe on snow, starck, ipd. They may come in handy. Keep veers call to assist and starck's buff handy when entering new phases.

I do think its way more overtuned than it should be, but also think there are worse things to worry about in the game rn. GG.

• JJay
    368 posts Member
    I'm merely countering your own arguments as to why your troopers are exceptional but still losing. I mistakenly thought you were seeking advice on how to approach the battle in question. Clearly you were only seeking to rant about how the game is "rigged/out to get you/overclocked".

There are countless more strategy and planning mistakes in your most recent post but I'll avoid providing advice any further. Cheers and good luck.

If you go take a look at what my original post was about, it wasn’t about asking for advice on how to mod characters or anything like that, I was highlighting the fact that a close to maxed out team in the game, “in any part of the guild events” should be able to complete a mission without pulling your hair out of your head.

PvP is a different story, and requires a lot of thought in how you should set up your team and if you’re using a under geared team in a mission you should have to take a long time and work out what’s the best strategy, but my team which I spent months building should walk over the special mission.

That’s the point of the post, the mission is stupidly difficult, I’m already spending too much time in guild events without having to pass an exam on “how to complete the TB dark side final phase special mission.”
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    I did it last time with full g11
    zveers(110 speed),
    starck(125),
    snow(95, cd cc set),
    shore(3 defense sets, 28 speed, prot primaries),
    ipd(90, dont let him die).

Was very straightforward, no one died. Just some advice: kill the orange jumpsuits first. Then keep killing the squishy-est enemies one by one. Refrain from using aoe on snow, starck, ipd. They may come in handy. Keep veers call to assist and starck's buff handy when entering new phases.

I do think its way more overtuned than it should be, but also think there are worse things to worry about in the game rn. GG.

Thanks a for the feedback, I might slow down my Shore.

have heard that you shouldn't use aoe attacks from other players too, but the thing is the team is an aoe based team lol, which is what I’m pointing out to the devs, don’t force everyone to use Troopers in a mission that’s designed to be anti Troopers..

I’d didn’t spend a ton of time and effort to build a powerful team so I can spend ages trying to too tic tac toe through the mission in a special order.

I also target the orange jumpsuits from the get go and they all get cleansed and stealthed again before you can kill them , it’s based on how lucky you are, and it’s nonsense to be relying on luck with a team that’s finished as far as I’m aware.