New raid rewards and Mod Salvage

A month ago, it was posted that there would be changes to the raid rewards to remove challenge gear and add mod salvage.
This still has not happened, and we have had a bunch of other stuff added ahead of it such as the scoundrel new event, the jango Marquee and of course the mystery character that is incoming.
We all remember how quickly the rewards on sith raid got changed back before, so i'm curious as to why its taking over a month to change the rewards now?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    All we were told is this was part of the plan, there has been no specific timeline given and when they know more or are ready to push out the changes I'm sure we will find out.

Right now I (and I think others) appreciate them taking the time to get the balance right so we dont have another incident like the Sith raid rewards that you mention.

Also, it's "easier" to set them back to what they were, then it is to balance them for moving forward.
  • Options
    Its just a habit they have of announcing things and then proceeding to release lots of other things right after.
    Like i said, a whole new event (scoundrels) a new character (jango) and other smaller pieces have taken precedence over this announcement, it was announced long before both, exactly a month ago.
    Lets not kid ourselves Kyno, excusing nerfs and rewards reductions as "easier" than character and event design is a rather silly statement to make.

Changing payout coding is simple, removing challenge gear is simply removing that line so that is no longer in the payout table, its not even a 10 minute job.
    Adding to the payout table would've been difficult if it was a new reward that doesn't exist in the game, but the mods salvage does, and it is working as intended, so copying the item ID into the payout table isn't that big a deal either.
    The client update would take time, but we have had 3 this month, so i doubt anyone would grouch if it meant reward changes.
    If you have never coded in your life, you really don't have a place to comment on what is easier, with a single line reply shutting down my statement, when you really don't know what you are talking about.

I've got no problem with the changes coming much later, but the fact is they announced it a month ago and now we have completely new content immediately added on announcement.
    I guess those mods packs, and refreshes on mods missions are selling well :smile: