Are you planning on fixing the infinite loops already?

You frustrated me alot today CG, I spent all that gear and zetas on nightsisters only to have them loop in the fourth wave on TB. It sucks not being able to use my 2nd best dark side squad on TB because of this nonsense!

I reach wave 4 and then my Assajj dies, shortly after follows Daka and then Talzin leaving my acolyte and zombie alive. Then it ends in an infinite loopbwhere acolyte sits at right around 50% TM and the zombie keeps dying. As the zombie dies it feeds TM to the enemy who keeps killing it and my acolyte never takes a turn which leads to an infinite loop.

A couple things to note here:

1. I find it unacceptable that g12 nightsisters are being destroyed by those filthy rebels.

2. Why did you have to give them so much turn meter gain on kills? I mean it's worse than imperial troopers. My Daka should gain a whole lot of TM when one other sister dies so she can revive them but these filthy rebels gain so much TM that they go before Daka and kill her. This is ridiculous, they don't need all that TM gain. And g12 sisters shouldn't be losing to the 4th wave.

I hope you fix these things soon it's bad...

Replies

• Sounds like it's a fix (The Loop) rather than nerfing the heroes. I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Sounds like it's a fix (The Loop) rather than nerfing the heroes. I wouldn't hold my breath.

They have their aoe damage but like the acolyte it never gains TM cause the troopers themselves keep going to 100. They could add an aoe dispell which would pop acolyte out of stealth but that would nerf other squads so that would be a problem for those who don't use sisters.

Honestly they only way that can be fixed is if they reduce or completely remove the TM gain
  • Kyno wrote: »

"Using a different team", that's like saying : "thank you very much for investing in nightsisters but you'll just have to do better than that".

And here I thought sisters were great for pve content, pretty pathetic if you ask me
  • If you spent that much gear and Zetas then they shouldn't die at all.

Now the helping part. Try killing the scouts first, so you avoid the loop.
  • What Green Goblin said, kill/stun/tmr the scouts first.
    Also, you are not using a g12 squad, you're using a cheese squad with some g12 characters on it (that's a bold assumption on my part, maybe your zombie is g12???).
    Another solution, stop using acolyte on that squad, at least you'll get 3/4 if you are unlucky and get wiped out. 3/4 in phase 6 with only 4 well geared characters is nothing to be sniffed at.

"Using a different team", that's like saying : "thank you very much for investing in nightsisters but you'll just have to do better than that".

And here I thought sisters were great for pve content, pretty pathetic if you ask me

You can still use ns, just change it up a bit. The team comp you are trying doesn't work. Sorry that's life. It is just insanity to continually run a team that doesn't work. And it is ok that one node of tb is designed so that that one team isn't good against it.

I run ns with asajj lead, daka, talia, talizen, and zombie. No loop. I have it geared up for the raid so its a g11/g12 team and I can auto the tb with no issue.

• Do I understand correctly that the OP isn’t even getting credit for beating the first 3 waves because of this? Because that’s indisputably unfair and needs to be fixed.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • What Green Goblin said, kill/stun/tmr the scouts first.
    Also, you are not using a g12 squad, you're using a cheese squad with some g12 characters on it (that's a bold assumption on my part, maybe your zombie is g12???).
    Another solution, stop using acolyte on that squad, at least you'll get 3/4 if you are unlucky and get wiped out. 3/4 in phase 6 with only 4 well geared characters is nothing to be sniffed at.

G12 Assajj, g12 Talzin, g12 Daka, g12 Acolyte, g7 zombie. And 2 zetas on Assajj

You can still use ns, just change it up a bit. The team comp you are trying doesn't work. Sorry that's life. It is just insanity to continually run a team that doesn't work. And it is ok that one node of tb is designed so that that one team isn't good against it.

I run ns with asajj lead, daka, talia, talizen, and zombie. No loop. I have it geared up for the raid so its a g11/g12 team and I can auto the tb with no issue.

My Talia is also 12, I have always used acolyte for damage because they don't hit very hard
  • Do I understand correctly that the OP isn’t even getting credit for beating the first 3 waves because of this? Because that’s indisputably unfair and needs to be fixed.

By the 3rd wave my protection bars are gone which is kind of sad for a g12 squad. These rebels are some serious pain, usually you need squads with alot of TM gain like Palpatine and Imp troopers for the best results, I'm happy taking 3 waves for now, I just want it ending in a loop so I have to quit the app, all that because CG is refusing to reduce or remove the TM gain

My Talia is also 12, I have always used acolyte for damage because they don't hit very hard

Just switch acolyte out for talia, no more loop. Talia also heals on her basic and special which should help survivability and give you tm when they hit you from full health under asajj's zeta. The damage is going to be mostly from asajj but she has enough to do the job
  • You also could zeta daka to give her stacking health. That seems to help. Or gear up zombie so the taunt lasts longer. May keep your squad from being hit as much. I still run a paper zombie though

Just switch acolyte out for talia, no more loop. Talia also heals on her basic and special which should help survivability and give you tm when they hit you from full health under asajj's zeta. The damage is going to be mostly from asajj but she has enough to do the job

It would be great if Assajj could carry her stacking bonuses over phases

By the 3rd wave my protection bars are gone which is kind of sad for a g12 squad. These rebels are some serious pain, usually you need squads with alot of TM gain like Palpatine and Imp troopers for the best results, I'm happy taking 3 waves for now, I just want it ending in a loop so I have to quit the app, all that because CG is refusing to reduce or remove the TM gain

I think of this more as a user interface problem than as an NPC kit problem. The force-quit is necessary because the UI locks you out until one of your toons gets a turn. And every single DS TB, somebody stumbles into this infinite loop where they never get a turn, and therefore lose credit for the entire mission. The devs should address this because it happens so predictably, and is so frustrating both to individual players and their guild leadership.

Either the UI needs to allow players to forfeit when it’s not their turn (getting credit for the waves defeated up to that point, obviously), or there needs to be a reasonable time limit on TB waves.

I think of this more as a user interface problem than as an NPC kit problem. The force-quit is necessary because the UI locks you out until one of your toons gets a turn. And every single DS TB, somebody stumbles into this infinite loop where they never get a turn, and therefore lose credit for the entire mission. The devs should address this because it happens so predictably, and is so frustrating both to individual players and their guild leadership.

Either the UI needs to allow players to forfeit when it’s not their turn (getting credit for the waves defeated up to that point, obviously), or there needs to be a reasonable time limit on TB waves.

Both seem to be reasonable solutions. Nice suggestions.

Spirit hits hella hard. Try her instead of zombie.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Do I understand correctly that the OP isn’t even getting credit for beating the first 3 waves because of this? Because that’s indisputably unfair and needs to be fixed.

Either one would solve the issue on our end without major changes to any kits.

I would imagine that the forfeit off turn may not be doable, there is no game mode where we have access to the UI when it's not our turn. This may be intentional or even mandatory for background reasons.
    Do I understand correctly that the OP isn’t even getting credit for beating the first 3 waves because of this? Because that’s indisputably unfair and needs to be fixed.

Either one would solve the issue on our end without major changes to any kits.

I would imagine that the forfeit off turn may not be doable, there is no game mode where we have access to the UI when it's not our turn. This may be intentional or even mandatory for background reasons.

Another slightly more kludge-y way to address it might be to have the UI prompt you with an option to forfeit if you go a certain amount of time without getting a turn.
  • Just dont use a cheese mechanic like zombie/acolyte maybe?

Sheesh. Ns, always annoying people. Fun faction, but the most annoying nonetheless.

And fix the silly hsith p3 team if you decide to fix this.

What a weird answer. This is like buying a PS4, putting in a Blu-Ray, the movie then freezes, you call Sony about it and Sony replies "Use a different Blu-Ray player".

CG made the Nightsisters team the way they are, and don't seem to care that it causes problems for negative gain. But when they create an infinite loop in our favor they'll jump on it immediately.

Also the points are entered after each phase, so if you force quit on Phase 4, your progress is still made and tallied. Pretty sure.
  • Tanzos wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

What a weird answer. This is like buying a PS4, putting in a Blu-Ray, the movie then freezes, you call Sony about it and Sony replies "Use a different Blu-Ray player".

CG made the Nightsisters team the way they are, and don't seem to care that it causes problems for negative gain. But when they create an infinite loop in our favor they'll jump on it immediately.

Also the points are entered after each phase, so if you force quit on Phase 4, your progress is still made and tallied. Pretty sure.

You're right, I noticed that I got credit for the 3 waves I completed even though I wasn't sure at the time and it kind of made me mad
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tanzos wrote: »

More like saying use a different disk (therefore not being able to watch the movie you intended), but yes I see you point and find it a little odd too.

Agree, the issue of not being able to get the points for wave completed is the issue at hand and should be addressed.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Wow. That is straight up kitten loving. How is any infinite loop WAI?
    Post edited by Kyno on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    Tanzos wrote: »

More like saying use a different disk (therefore not being able to watch the movie you intended), but yes I see you point and find it a little odd too.

Agree, the issue of not being able to get the points for wave completed is the issue at hand and should be addressed.

Well he did tell the guy who suggested a timer that activates each wave to post in feedback. Though that was in June :neutral:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Get rid of acolyte and put literally anyone else in, problem solved. I 4/4 with g12 Asajj, g2 zombie and g11 talzin/talia/Daka.

Or kill the scouts first.

We hear this on a loop every DSTB, I'm afraid I'm losing my patience with the argument. Git gud.

The ideas of a phase timer or way of forfeiting outside of your turn seem good to me, though I do have a habit of starting a combat mission and stopping halfway through to make food.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I'm curious as to how in the world G12 toons are dying off to where this even happens??? Is the OP using any mods at all?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how in the world G12 toons are dying off to where this even happens??? Is the OP using any mods at all?

NS use the extra speed and tm gains to have an advantage. That's an issue when your opponent gains TM too. This is the reason why troopers are a good counter, but that is a conversation for another thread.
  • i run talzin lead with aasaj, daka, talia (all g12) and g6 zombie, I hit auto on P6 and have never come close to losing
  • Get rid of acolyte and put literally anyone else in, problem solved. I 4/4 with g12 Asajj, g2 zombie and g11 talzin/talia/Daka.

Or kill the scouts first.

We hear this on a loop every DSTB, I'm afraid I'm losing my patience with the argument. Git gud.

The ideas of a phase timer or way of forfeiting outside of your turn seem good to me, though I do have a habit of starting a combat mission and stopping halfway through to make food.

Agreed. You woukd think people would just learn not to use acolyte and avoid the loop. Then this is a non issue. I'm fine with adding a timer or something that allows you to stop a loop but not a fan of changing the difficulty simply because one team seems to not work well against it. The solution to that is to use a team that works.

That would be like saying "I can't do much damage with cup in hstr so the raid needs changed to make the team I want to use do better."