JTR team

I will be getting JTR next time she comes, so I haven't been able to test any setup with her. But I've heard that the JTR team is JTR(L), RScav, BB8, R2, and RTrooper. Looking over the kits, why use RScav+RTrooper instead of Finn/Poe? I already have the latter 2 at 7* while I don't have RTrooper up yet.

Replies

• Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Rtrooper does the majority of the damage on that squad. His special CD resets when he attacks a target with Expose.

I have been getting better results from using Holdo than RScav, cause the heals and passives keep my team alive longer, but RScavanger does work if your very careful. There are some very good videos of how to use resistance squads in the STR, after watching a few I am able to get BB8 to use his Illuminated Destiny before DN gets his first turn. My guild is only doing 5 star STR but this team posts 5.5 mil or more damage routinely.

When farming and such permits, I plan to set up a second Resistance Raid team with Finn leading.
  • Plus, Resistance Trooper's special (which is all you use 99% of the time) clears all the stolen buffs that Nihilus strips from your team.

Poe & Finn add very little synergy to the team. Finn adds a little value through his heals, but Poe has no value in the raid.
  • Resistance trooper also gets 55% turn meter when an enemy is exposed so he keeps the team gaining turn meter
  • Thanks all. Wanted to make sure the farm would be worth it - looks like the answer is an easy "yes"
  • Also, if you mod Scav Rey for CD/CC she does a TON of damage with her multi-hit special, and since each crit has a chance to expose can give your entire team a lot of turn meter. Usually she actually does the most damage on my squad, followed closely by RT.