Will we need the smugglers for anything else?

I don't know about anyone else, but this smugglers run thing seems slightly underwhelming- does anyone else forsee something bigger and better to do with these newly tagged smugglers in the near future? Or is this the desperate hope of someone that's wasted a lot of guild currency on Yolo?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    obviously the smugglers event, a prepared team is fun in TW and decent on defense, you can use lando and L3 to pilot the falcon in the cargo ship missions.

so you can make a team that has some good uses, but no not directly.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There is some speculation that the Solo characters could be used for something else. Some people think there could be a legendary, while others don’t feel the movie warranted a legendary. The Solo team is also eerily similar to Phoenix and Rogue One, both of which are used in TB, so there is a possibility that they release a new TB that requires them. As Kyno said though, they already have some good uses. Not only is Lando’s Millennium Falcon a great ship that needs Young Lando and L3, but the team is also great in TW and of course can be used for the smuggler event. L3 is also a great character and is a Droid. There has been talk of a Droid meta at some point and L3 would be useful for that.
  • Options
    I don't really care - I plan on gearing them up anyway, because they're fun to play and I'd like to run a light side team that isn't just the same CLS/JTR teams I see ad nauseum everywhere. They may not be the best team around, but there's something to be said for variety and - I know this is weird, but bear with me here - fun.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    All factions start out with just needing them for one event, like legendaries, hero journey, credit heist. Stuff will over lap in time.

That said,
    Raid han is already useful for many aspects of the game and the vets are needed for JTR. L337 is pilot for the lando falcon (a very good ship) and the ewok event needing droids and empire. young Han is amazing in HAAT. Nest is an all around amazing toon, arena viable even. Zaalbar Is part of a very strong defensive tw team. Qi Ra doesn't have much other use than this event but that's fine, only one toon. And clone chewy will probably always be hot garbage
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Have been or never were since they came out?....
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but this smugglers run thing seems slightly underwhelming- does anyone else forsee something bigger and better to do with these newly tagged smugglers in the near future? Or is this the desperate hope of someone that's wasted a lot of guild currency on Yolo?

I'm personally hoping for Beckett to come kick them in the pants enough with a leader ability that makes them slightly more arena viable.

And yeah - I just find them very fun to play, so there is that.
  • Options
    The rewards aren't great, but it depends on how frequently the event is run. Credit and Droid Heists are weekly events--if this becomes weekly, it'll be more than enough reason to work on them all by itself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    The rewards aren't great, but it depends on how frequently the event is run. Credit and Droid Heists are weekly events--if this becomes weekly, it'll be more than enough reason to work on them all by itself.

i put gear on Qi'ra for the leader ability and i can beat the last tier. you dont need to put much into it. you can't sim it (yet), so just need enough to win for now.

i hope its frequent enough, but still not sure its worth any more investment then that.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

I'm personally hoping for Beckett to come kick them in the pants enough with a leader ability that makes them slightly more arena viable.

And yeah - I just find them very fun to play, so there is that.

Agreed, scoundrel teams are a blast and as long as you have the l3/vandor combo they have a very solid defense.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I hope not, the new falcon looks terrible and of course investing in characters from the solo movie sounds worse. I mean that's a lot of investment that you are putting off other things. Farming for JTR? Nah lets take a break, possibly miss her next return because "mah smugglers". Need a good arena team? Farm for good characters? Bounty Hunters are still better to farm then this entire faction, and really, Scoundrels = smugglers.
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but this smugglers run thing seems EXTRAORDINARILY underwhelming- does anyone else forsee something bigger and better to do with these newly tagged smugglers in the near future? Or is this the desperate hope of someone that's wasted a lot of guild currency on Yolo?

I fixed your post for you.

They are a pretty fun team, but if this is all they're needed for there's no reason to panic farm them. I just can't see there being anything labelled as a Legendary event coming from the most underwhelming Star Wars movie ever made.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    I hope not, the new falcon looks terrible and of course investing in characters from the solo movie sounds worse. I mean that's a lot of investment that you are putting off other things. Farming for JTR? Nah lets take a break, possibly miss her next return because "mah smugglers". Need a good arena team? Farm for good characters? Bounty Hunters are still better to farm then this entire faction, and really, Scoundrels = smugglers.

How in the world do you classify the ship as terrible? I classify it as top tier.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

And what about after Rey?

Look, no one's saying drop whatever you're doing and get these Smuggle Bois to g12 as fast as possible (although you're wrong about Lando's Falcon, and by extension Lando and L3). But the Veterans are characters you've already farmed, Raid Han is an all-star, so you're only farming two more characters and it's not like that's such an outrageous burden that it's going to derail you forever.

Moreover, you have to remember: This is a game about collecting your favorite characters and shooting things with them. There's always going to be someone who bought or farmed these characters because they liked the movie and want to use them, so this gives them something to do.

In short: Quit being such a hater.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I don't think they will be. Scoundrels are needed only for their heists, and I suspect Smugglers will be needed only for this, and maybe some other smuggling type event, but not for a Legendary type event.

I could be wrong, but I'll be farming them anyway because of other things so there's that.
  • Options
    Too be fair, the mods off the final tier were extremely nice. The mod salvage was also nice to grab considering the ease of the event. It would be nice if it wasn't fixed to health mods but rather all mods.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I don't think they will be. Scoundrels are needed only for their heists, and I suspect Smugglers will be needed only for this, and maybe some other smuggling type event, but not for a Legendary type event.

I could be wrong, but I'll be farming them anyway because of other things so there's that.

I do think Smugglers will only be needed for this, but I still think a Solo event will come, and there is obviously a lot of overlap there. That Solo bundle is still suspicious to me...
  • Options
    Dash Rendar legendary would be sweet.
  • Options
    I'd put some bets on a higher calling for smugglers in the future. A special faction title for an occasional stand-alone event doesn't seem worth the effort... they could have just as easily restricted the event to specific characters. As others have noticed, the Solo team has a certain Phoenix scent on them, and I they feel like the easy answer to an all smuggler team calling.
  • Options
    In fairness you need two of them to get JTR!
  • Options
    They're highly underrated for Territory Battles too.
  • Options
    Well OG Chewie will be the bigbad tank they need.

Smugglers will be needed for OG Falcon event I wager