Next character to get a major buff

Prev1
Monxie
559 posts Member
So much talking about nerfing characters. And yes I also hope GS and that **** pilot will get nerfed sooner rather than later, but what's more interesting is who will get a major buff? We saw it recently with "the red Poe" RG.

I think it would be cool if the Ewoks got a major buff o:)

Replies

• Imagine if GS got a major buff? Well deserved for such a key character in the Star Wars universe.
  • Ashoka will get a buff in next update. Devs confirmed it.

Dooku's leader ability will get fixed. Which might count as a buff. Devs confirmed this as well.
  • Why does GS need a nerf? He isn't OP by any means! If you have a good counter team you can take him out everytime. I am never afraid to face teams with GS
  • Rey, GS, QGJ will all get a speed buff
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Monxie wrote: »
    So much talking about nerfing characters. And yes I also hope GS and that darn pilot will get nerfed sooner rather than later, but what's more interesting is who will get a major buff? We saw it recently with "the red Poe" RG.

I think it would be cool if the Ewoks got a major buff o:)

Another nerf thread -1

Edited the * word.. :/
  • What are they going to do to Ashoka? Was curious because I opened a couple packs earlier and she was in both (now I have a 5* Ashoka (lvl 52 currently). Will it be worth it? Right now she's extremely situational at my level.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Tarkin
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    gertpacu wrote: »
    What are they going to do to Ashoka?

Probably not enough, because they seem genetically incapable of understanding that they've created a game where speed is so important that no number of bells and whistles on a 93-speed character matter.
    I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm looking at what they've done with characters like Asajj and Mace and it doesn't bode well...
    Maybe some day they will actually create some balance so that high health and defense actually are important, and games aren't decided in the first 20 seconds.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Tarkin

Tarkin needs a potency buff bad.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Rey, GS, QGJ will all get a speed buff

Lol
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Speed is crap... I got Health character to trump that.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Probably not enough, because they seem genetically incapable of understanding that they've created a game where speed is so important that no number of bells and whistles on a 93-speed character matter.
    I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm looking at what they've done with characters like Asajj and Mace and it doesn't bode well...
    Maybe some day they will actually create some balance so that high health and defense actually are important, and games aren't decided in the first 20 seconds.

RG buff took him to a top tier character without a speed buff, then again Magma Guard got a buff in the same patch so future buffs could go anywhere.
  • When you see a character like Ahsoka get 93 speed... You start wondering if the devs have ever watched The Clone Wars
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    RollTideTA wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »
    Tarkin

So does Finn. Actually, Finn needs a complete overhaul. He's the only named character from TFA that is basically never used -- and for good reason.
  • DarthBalls wrote: »
    When you see a character like Ahsoka get 93 speed... You start wondering if the devs have ever watched The Clone Wars

I've been wondering the same thing LOL. Her speed should honestly be 120 at the very least.

• Droids need a plus 50 speed buff...and they hit so lightly I think they need a 75% damage increase. Oh an RP needs a passive that guarantees assist on assist calls. Not too much to ask is it?
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Vader, the most powerful bad guy in the galaxy needs a big buff. What a shame! He must be one of OPs in the game, for sure.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me

RG buff took him to a top tier character without a speed buff, then again Magma Guard got a buff in the same patch so future buffs could go anywhere.

A tank that auto taunts and gains turn meter with his unique could have speed 1 and be useful. An attacker with no turn meter gain skills and a low speed and low health is useless.
    Droids need a plus 50 speed buff...and they hit so lightly I think they need a 75% damage increase. Oh an RP needs a passive that guarantees assist on assist calls. Not too much to ask is it?

I'm pretty sure you are kidding, if you have every faced a droid team you know the the last thing they need is a buff.
    fberbert wrote: »
    Vader, the most powerful bad guy in the galaxy needs a big buff. What a shame! He must be one of OPs in the game, for sure.

When we can finally get Vader to 7 he will be a legitimate beast. The only buff he needs is a way to get him starred up
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Ashoka
  • Why does GS need a nerf? He isn't OP by any means! If you have a good counter team you can take him out everytime. I am never afraid to face teams with GS

Thank you.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    I'm hoping Yoda and Vader will get buffed and become the best arena characters in the future. It makes no sense that Yoda or Vader can be the weak link in your team!

I also hope Teebo gets buffed since so many have been mocking him, EWOK POWAH!
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    When we can finally get Vader to 7 he will be a legitimate beast. The only buff he needs is a way to get him starred up

I disagree. I have Vader at 5 stars, fully equipped and he crits for 2.5k... 2 stars won't make him crits for more than 4k. His abilities are ok, but they have high cooldown.

Vader need an improvement on his basic hit or else a decrease in his cooldowns.

HP is very good!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • fberbert wrote: »

I disagree. I have Vader at 5 stars, fully equipped and he crits for 2.5k... 2 stars won't make him crits for more than 4k. His abilities are ok, but they have high cooldown.

Vader need an improvement on his basic hit or else a decrease in his cooldowns.

HP is very good!

Vader on the right team is already a beast. Run a couple AoE debuffers and then let rip with his special and you will get more than 4K. He's a high health attacker that has a ton of synergies available. Starting with his master Sid.

I don't run him much so I hadn't noticed the cool down issues and his basic is weak but it also does ability block and auto hits Jedi and they can't resist (though I've seen several Jedi resist the ability block, so that must be a bug)
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Vader on the right team is already a beast. Run a couple AoE debuffers and then let rip with his special and you will get more than 4K. He's a high health attacker that has a ton of synergies available. Starting with his master Sid.

I don't run him much so I hadn't noticed the cool down issues and his basic is weak but it also does ability block and auto hits Jedi and they can't resist (though I've seen several Jedi resist the ability block, so that must be a bug)

Cooldowns = 5

4k or more in a 5 turns ability? GS, Rey, Leia, any pilot, Biggs, IG-86 etc does more than 4k in their basic. We are talking about Vader, not a nobody.

Vader hits like a girl, is so fast than a fat guy. Cool abilities? Yes, as do Darth Maul, Lando and a couple of guys. Just it, cool ... not powerful.
  • fberbert wrote: »

Cooldowns = 5

4k or more in a 5 turns ability? GS, Rey, Leia, any pilot, Biggs, IG-86 etc does more than 4k in their basic. We are talking about Vader, not a nobody.

Vader hits like a girl, is so fast than a fat guy. Cool abilities? Yes, as do Darth Maul, Lando and a couple of guys. Just it, cool ... not powerful.

Sounds like you have more experience with him than I do, so I will defer to you. But he does worry me when I see him with a lot of debuffers (and 5*)
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    They need to buff Mace among many others. There are so many great Star wars characters and we are only fighting with like 10-15 of them
    Tarkin

So does Finn. Actually, Finn needs a complete overhaul. He's the only named character from TFA that is basically never used -- and for good reason.

whats wrong with Finn? on paper he seems to be a great character
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Tarkin

He wastes his first turn buffing himself but no taunt. Same issue foster has. Actually foster has it worse.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

- Tauntless tank.
    - Slow.
    - Decent damage but you have to keep track of who you already attacked.
    - First special buffs only him, which is a waste, and the AI loves it (and he usually loses advantage because he's slow.)
    - He can stun and expose.. but has low potency.

He just doesn't compare to other named characters like Rey, Poe, Phasma, Kylo.
  • ReySkywalker
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »

- Tauntless tank.
    - Slow.
    - Decent damage but you have to keep track of who you already attacked.
    - First special buffs only him, which is a waste, and the AI loves it (and he usually loses advantage because he's slow.)
    - He can stun and expose.. but has low potency.

He just doesn't compare to other named characters like Rey, Poe, Phasma, Kylo.

Thats sad because he seems to be a good leader with giving resistance added offence and def. Whats the point of stun and expose if potency is low? lame! I hope that one day he will be used. Giving Rey, Poe and RP a offense and def boost seems deadly.